There are 210 users in the forums

Seneca Wallace is NOT retiring, and calls out Harbaugh for lying.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
LOL - all this so Harbaugh could have his precious Colt as the #2 QB.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Well, Seneca never called Harbaugh a liar. He admitted he knew what the situation was, and left the team when it was clear he had no shot of making the team.

Also, Wallace admitted he had had very little, to no contact with Harbaugh. It seems Harbaugh didn't know what Wallace's future plans were if they never spoke. When a guy just quits the team, its usually a sign he doesn't want to play anymore. Most guys stay until the bitter end.

Harbaugh is not Vague when talking the truth about players...he is very specific when he wants to be.

the normal Harbaugh would've said.

"He is not part of this team anymore, if you have any questions regarding his future plans you need to talk to him"

Harbaugh never goes out of his way to give information, like Kaepernick.

I think Harbaugh wasn't used to a player not putting up with BS from the Organization and felt embarrassed that Wallace stood them up...and there for wanted to save face.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM ]
Some fans here...

If the coach isnt an alpha dog personality then he shouldnt be a coach.

Business is business, there is no dick moves.
There doesn't seem to be any dispute that Wallace told Harbaugh he didn't want to play. He meant in the San Diego game, but it's not up to a player to quit while he is still a member of the team. Also remember Colt sucked and was not assured of his slot until he improved. !or did BJ have a spot until he played his way into it.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Harbaugh is not Vague when talking the truth about players...he is very specific when he wants to be.

the normal Harbaugh would've said.

"He is not part of this team anymore, if you have any questions regarding his future plans you need to talk to him"

Harbaugh never goes out of his way to give information, like Kaepernick.

I think Harbaugh wasn't used to a player not putting up with BS from the Organization and felt embarrassed that Wallace stood them up...and there for wanted to save face.

Thats a reach, lets just type random bullsh*t and pretend its true cause it fits the story at this moment. The media always gets things right so we MUST have the full story... lol gtfo. The truth is in the middle somewhere. Get over it, who gives a sh*t about a scrub.
When other coaches do this trick, they call it creating competition, lighting a fire under another player, forcing a contract resolution. It's smart business and every team does this at some position. But when Harbaugh does it he's an a*****e.

I understand he shouldn't have said he thought Wallace was retiring. But Wallace had no contact with him, his agent had no contact with him. Just hours before the game he announces he's quitting. Sounds like a guy who doesn't want to play anymore. His fault for not making his intentions clear to the team.
I will take an a*****e coach who wins over a nice guy coach anyday.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Some fans here...

Did Wallace honestly think he would have a chance? Cut by the Aints, out of football last year, coming in the third week of preseason?

If he saw the writing on the wall, maybe he should have saw it earlier.
But we don't KNOW what happened and some resort to calling Harbaugh names... wow, NT gets worse and worse
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Some fans here...

Did Wallace honestly think he would have a chance? Cut by the Aints, out of football last year, coming in the third week of preseason?

also was a dick move by him bringing up Colt's contract.

he's done in this league nobody likes big mouths like him.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
When other coaches do this trick, they call it creating competition, lighting a fire under another player, forcing a contract resolution. It's smart business and every team does this at some position. But when Harbaugh does it he's an a*****e.

I understand he shouldn't have said he thought Wallace was retiring. But Wallace had no contact with him, his agent had no contact with him. Just hours before the game he announces he's quitting. Sounds like a guy who doesn't want to play anymore. His fault for not making his intentions clear to the team.

He said they had a conversion with him and he felt he never had a chance of making this team, so all he asked for was his release, and it was granted....Wallace said this himself.

again, smart business move....Wallace understood that and quickly did what was best for him.

everything after that was not necessary....again, Harbaugh NEVER goes out of his way to give info about players like that.... unless he had his own intentions.
Some fans here...

he probably watched Colt play during the preseason...and with him knowing the WCO and being a mobile QB and a Vet who had a pretty good career coming off the bench....yeah I'd be confident too if I knew all I had to do was look good compared to Colt McCoy with this 49ers team.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't buy that they used Wallace as leverage to get McCoy to take a pay cut. They could've easily said "take a pay cut or you're gone" they didn't need Wallace for that, after all its not like McCoy had a $30 mil contract. Wallace is garbage good riddance.
Seneca can't even begin to understand Harbaugh's reasoning.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Some fans here...

he probably watched Colt play during the preseason...and with him knowing the WCO and being a mobile QB and a Vet who had a pretty good career coming off the bench....yeah I'd be confident too if I knew all I had to do was look good compared to Colt McCoy with this 49ers team.

Even I saw a mile away they brought him in to light a fire under McCoy. He saw it too.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone