2) McCoy: I actually feel bad for the guy. I seriously don't know how good he is. He may suck or he may be servicable, but we really can't tell when the guy is running for his life on every down.
3) Daniels: Love this kid. I think he's gonna be on the team for awhile and in a few years may be one of the better backup QBs in the NFL. Fits the team perfectly and gives them a great scout team QB when getting ready for Wilson. I have no idea what the hell they were taling about on the TV broadcast last night...there is no way they expose him to waivers. He's on the 53.
4) Patton: Two weeks now and he's TWICE proved he's everything AJ Jenkins is not. He was supposed to not be that elusive...but that looked like a pretty damn good move to me on the TD. He plays with a fire and passion that was simply absent with AJ.
5) Cam Johnson: Are argued with people here all week about the Haralson trade. I said time after time that they wouldn't keep 5 OLBs and that the roster spot was the biggest reason for the trade. I continue to believe that...but I'm starting to wonder if they bend that a bit. I thought Johnson could easily clear waivers and would be on the PS. I'm not so sure after last night. I guess we'll see. It was nice tho in the game after the trade to see all of the OLBs behind the starters record at least one sack.
6) 6th WR: Hawkins had himself a nice night. I still think he was a moron last week, but he did make plays. I'm thinkin' that last roster spot might be a decision between Cam and Hawkins. One scored a TD this preseason on a return and another blocked a punt and scored. Tough call. I like Jacobs, but I think he's a PS guy. Collie...just never showed enough.
7) LaMichael James: 2 things. 1) I am not at all worried about his preseason stats. He'll be fine. He has a number of negative yardage carries trying to run outside when those horrific backup tackles were in the game. Those guys won't make the roster. He'll have much better blocking when he tries to get the corner in the regular season. 2) I'm really, really glad we have Hunter back. Losing LaMichael for 3 weeks should be fine since we still have Gore and Hunter to back him up.
8) CB's: Call me crazy, but I like our CB situation right now. None of them are the tandem in Seattle, but Brown, Rogers, Asomugha, Brock, and Cox sounds pretty damn good. I think Cox has played well enough to move up in that order...just not sure who to drop. I've never been a big fan of Brock, but he's played well this preseason. Its a good problem to have.
9) Lawsuit: This actually isn't game related. I for one was STUNNED at the size of the settlement. I had always thought that the amount the NFL paid would be measured in BILLIONS, not millions. I thought this was going to be a "game-changer" type lawsuit that cripled the NFL. Yeah...not so much. It works out to like 3 mil per year per team for 3 years and then about 700K for the next 17. Thats a decent player for three and then a scrub for 17 years. That's nothing. Moreover, they have protected themselves against future lawsuits because there is no admission of guilt AND nobody can reasonably claim anymore that the NFL hid the truth about concussions. Big win for NFL.
10) Its on: Finally. No more preseason. The season is upon us. We can finally go about destroying that feeling we've had all offseason. The SB will no longer be the most recent game played. A new adventure begins....
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM ]