LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Pick 2 players who will surprise and make the roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Every year there are a couple guys who make the roster when nobody saw it coming. Last year it was Celek and McBath.

Give me 2 players (one offense, one defense) who shock the world and make the 53. Here's my guess:

Offense: Chuck Jacobs
Defense: Nate Stupar
I think we go with Moody but Stupar played well the last 3 games after a bad first game. I'd hate to lose Moody but Stupar might be worthy. Yeah Chuck Jacobs would hate to see him get cut because doubt he makes it to the PS and stays there.

I'm going to go McDermott over Jennings and Tony Jerod-Eddie over Tukuafu. Just for fun hardest guys to potentially cut will be Jacobs and Gray.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM ]
Hawkins
Johnson

not much of a surprise but I dont think we get surprises this year
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I'm going to go McDermott over Jennings and Tony Jerod-Eddie over Tukuafu.

Good call. I can see both happening.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Hawkins
Johnson

these guys should make it. id hate to see either of them cut. watching this game made me realize how stacked we are at damn near every position
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Every year there are a couple guys who make the roster when nobody saw it coming. Last year it was Celek and McBath.

Give me 2 players (one offense, one defense) who shock the world and make the 53. Here's my guess:

Offense: Chuck Jacobs
Defense: Nate Stupar

Dude, Jacobs has jump ball skills. Polish him up a little and he'll be able to play with the big boys.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Hawkins
Johnson

these guys should make it. id hate to see either of them cut. watching this game made me realize how stacked we are at damn near every position
the only position that worries me is the most important, backup OL
I'm pretty torn on Hawkins and Jacobs. Jacobs probably has more potential but Hawkins might be able to come in and contribute right away. Problem is the #6 WR if we keep one would likely be inactive anyway. Damn 46 man rule.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Hawkins
Johnson

i think they are better than they looked. besides, if they have to play they will have our probowl linemen playing next to them so it wont all be on them. as good as our starters are i think they can survive a missing lineman or two for a while. plus kaep is fast as s**t and quick to get the ball away so he'll be ok.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Dude, Jacobs has jump ball skills. Polish him up a little and he'll be able to play with the big boys.

Agreed. A little seasoning and some added weight (he's listed in the 170's) and we might have a hidden gem here.

At this point I'd put Jacobs or Gray as the 8th or 9th OL just so it doesn't look like we are keeping 7 WRs or 4 TE's which both seem unlikely. Just joking but really I'd rather cut Looney at this point than Jacobs or Gray. Just unfortunate because we probably don't even need 6 WR's because we hardly ever use more than 3 wr sets. Just to bad because I think Hawkins and Jacobs earned a spot.

As for backup OL not worried because will only keep the starting 5 then Snyder and Kilgore, possibly Looney. Rest of guys who were bad won't make it anyways. Then next draft I hope we take a C/G or G/T versatile type in round 3-5.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
At this point I'd put Jacobs or Gray as the 8th or 9th OL just so it doesn't look like we are keeping 7 WRs or 4 TE's which both seem unlikely. Just joking but really I'd rather cut Looney at this point than Jacobs or Gray.

As for backup OL not worried because will only keep the starting 5 then Snyder and Kilgore, possibly Looney. Rest of guys who were bad won't make it anyways. Then next draft I hope we take a C/G or G/T versatile type in round 3-5.

Word. At this point I'd rather cut Looney and see if we can stash him on the practice squad. Pick up a vet o-lineman with experience who can pick up the offense quickly.
niners trade kyle Williams and give his spot to Lavelle Hawkins, and cut joe looney for carter bykowski
Amameh and Collie.
Originally posted by hofer36:
niners trade kyle Williams and give his spot to Lavelle Hawkins, and cut joe looney for carter bykowski

Another WR trade

Definitely would not have seen that coming. I like it.
Share 49ersWebzone