There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Jenkins practiced with Kap. If the pecking order is established at practice what is the problem? Because you dont know I will tell you, he was garbage. If this myth was true, we could throw any WR on the field and Kap would use his wizard powers to make them all probowlers. Because Kap isnt a wizard, the individual skill set of the player is actually important to their performance. Kap couldn't make AJ run faster, couldn't make him stronger, couldn't make him run better routes, block better, catch better, fight off defenders better....nothing. All of that is on the WR. All Kap is responsible for, is putting the ball in a place that it can be caught.

LOL not arguing for Jenkins so get off that whole trip. A good QB elevates his receivers, my argument was that KW had one game with Kaep so those bashing him dont even know how that pair will pan out over a full season.

I could give 2 sh*ts about Jenkins, so dont get confused.
Originally posted by 5280High:
LOL not arguing for Jenkins so get off that whole trip. A good QB elevates his receivers, my argument was that KW had one game with Kaep so Yothose bashing him dont even know how that pair will pan out over a full season.

I could give 2 sh*ts about Jenkins, so dont get confused.

It's not a matter of how Williams will play with Kaepernick, its a matter of Williams simply not being a very good WR. Its looking at the mechanics of the player, a guy who struggles to get separation, isn't a very good run blocker, even though he's smaller and faster, he's not very elusive, he lacks the sort of stutter-step/juke movements that you've seen from Moore and Patton. You can have the best hands in the world but its all for naught if you can't get open. I'm simply stating that I see far better potential in Moore and Patton both to create separation for themselves and make themselves more viable targets for the QB than I do with Williams.

Its also psychological, if Kaepernick sees that Patton and Moore are frequently open, he'll automatically look for them more often.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It's not a matter of how Williams will play with Kaepernick, its a matter of Williams simply not being a very good WR. Its looking at the mechanics of the player, a guy who struggles to get separation, isn't a very good run blocker, even though he's smaller and faster, he's not very elusive, he lacks the sort of stutter-step/juke movements that you've seen from Moore and Patton. You can have the best hands in the world but its all for naught if you can't get open. I'm simply stating that I see far better potential in Moore and Patton both to create separation for themselves and make themselves more viable targets for the QB than I do with Williams.

Its also psychological, if Kaepernick sees that Patton and Moore are frequently open, he'll automatically look for them more often.

Thats your own opinion, and a delusional one at that. I prefer to listen to the beat writers who mentioned that when KW was on the practice field he looked better than all the other receivers except Boldin. But dont worry Ill remember this convo for the future when he becomes a nice part of the WR rotation.

Peace beotches Im out!
Thats your own opinion, and a delusional one at that. I prefer to listen to the beat writers who mentioned that when KW was on the practice field he looked better than all the other receivers except Boldin. But dont worry Ill remember this convo for the future when he becomes a nice part of the WR rotation.

Peace beotches Im out!

That's like....your own opinion man.

"when KW was on the practice field he looked better"

Key word being PRACTICE field, he's already shown he's largely a non-factor during actual games when it matters. Chad Hall and AJ Jenkins were also impressive and beastly during "practices."

I'll also remember this convo in the future bro.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM ]
I still think it's Marlon Moore. QP will be #3 and might earn #2 later on. Lavelle Hawkins will see playing time too if he makes the team, which he SHOULD.
  • buck
  • Veteran
At this point the only thing saving Baldwin is his "potential" and being associated with a 1st round pick. He's probably the 6th best WR on the team at the moment. He's had what, one good catch to make up for 2 years of bad drops?

You do have a solid point. I do think we should go with a younger receiver. Baldwin or Jacobs are my options. Still not absolutely clear.
Everything Phoenix49ers said.
Originally posted by cciowa:
LOL again Moore is like the red-headed step child of the zone. People STILL forget about him.

yes I am the one man crusade for the keeping of moore

Not alone cc, I like Moore, as the #2 for the time being, then Patton takes over. Williams doesn't do it for me. He isnt a good returner that everyone wants him to be, it seems its Cox and James jobs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
#1 Boldin
#2 Patton
#3 Baldwin
#4 Wallace
#5 Moore

Peace beotches Im out!

Key word being PRACTICE field, he's already shown he's largely a non-factor during actual games when it matters. Chad Hall and AJ Jenkins were also impressive and beastly during "practices."

This aggression will not stand maaaaaaan.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
LOL again Moore is like the red-headed step child of the zone. People STILL forget about him.

Not alone cc, I like Moore, as the #2 for the time being, then Patton takes over. Williams doesn't do it for me. He isnt a good returner that everyone wants him to be, it seems its Cox and James jobs.

Same here. I think Marlon Moore is far and away the #2 WR right now. That guy is sharp, extremely sharp. I think Kaepernick likes him too. Patton in the slot, Boldin on the other end, Vernon over the top....good times are coming dude. Good times.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I like Moore and think he will be kept. He and Patton might rotate depending on down and distance. But, soon Patton will be #2, and Moore #3--if those numbers have any real meaning is a different question.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Same here. I think Marlon Moore is far and away the #2 WR right now. That guy is sharp, extremely sharp. I think Kaepernick likes him too. Patton in the slot, Boldin on the other end, Vernon over the top....good times are coming dude. Good times.

agreed 110%. Waiting for game 1, when it counts, our Offense should be more dynamic with Kap at the helm. We wont use just the read option, pistol, we will run Gore, pass to Vernon, and use our WRs. I like Moore at 2, and Patton at 3, but Williams will likely start at 3. I hope we get Crabs and Mario back, if so our WR core will be stacked for playoffs.
Originally posted by buck:
I like Moore and think he will be kept. He and Patton might rotate depending on down and distance. But, soon Patton will be #2, and Moore #3--if those numbers have any real meaning is a different question.

Very true dude. Both have awesome speed and could be interchangeable. Lavelle Hawkins also brings speed...and apparently toughness as well lol.

Is that a Big Lebowski reference?

Moore. He's the most refined product we have outside of Boldin. I don't think he dropped one pass this preseason. I didn't see him run any deep routes but his slant, crossing, and hook produced.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home