There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

Originally posted by 5280High:
Lol, #1 rule of the zone... Hate first, hope nobody remembers later. People need to get over the NFCCG, its in the past let it go people. Kaep will make all our receivers look good so hating on any of them is a fools errand.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol, #1 rule of the zone... Hate first, hope nobody remembers later. People need to get over the NFCCG, its in the past let it go people. Kaep will make all our receivers look good so hating on any of them is a fools errand.

This myth that a good QB can turn s**t into gold is getting old.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Not sure why Kyle Williams is even in this debate. He's going to have to fend off Hawkins for the #4 spot.

Hawkins has looked good but dont forget who it was against. Preseason all star doesn't mean regular season stud. A week ago people were saying he was going to get cut...now he is pushing KW out?

It would be better to make the move now and spare the controversy later, because if Williams comes out and flubs it in week 1, people are going to bust out the pitchforks demanding Hawkins be inserted in his place.
I'd go Boldin, Patton/Moore, Williams, Baldwin then if we keep 6 Hawkins/Jacobs/Hall. I know a lot have high hopes for Williams and hopefully he breaks out but in the last 2 seasons only has 34 catches for 453 yards and 4 tds. 17 Catches 226 Yards and 2 TDs not that impressive of an average.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'd go Boldin, Patton/Moore, Williams, Baldwin then if we keep 6 Hawkins/Jacobs/Hall. I know a lot have high hopes for Williams and hopefully he breaks out but in the last 2 seasons only has 34 catches for 453 yards and 4 tds. 17 Catches 226 Yards and 2 TDs not that impressive of an average.

oh oh! but he was hurt!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I say Marlon Moore, with Patton as the #3, the secret weapon.

Kyle Williams can be cut for all i care.

Seriously, when/if Manningham or Crabs returns, I'd keep Hawkins over Williams. I don't get all the f**king love Williams gets around here, his speed is mediocre (go back and look at that Bears game), was almost invisible in the playoffs, worthless in the Superbowl, and cost us a trip to the SB. s**t bag was supposed to get cut last year, but Harbaugh felt sorry for him.

Williams is a WR that would fit on an Alex Smith era 49ers team, not a Colin Kaepernick era 49ers team.

He was worthless in the Super Bowl because he had a torn ACL.

Myth? yeah right. Cause Kaep had soooo many series with Jenkins this preseason, gtfo. If honestly dont believe Kaep elevates his receivers more than the previous QB then there is no hope for you. Keep on grasping at straws.
Not sure why Kyle Williams is even in this debate. He's going to have to fend off Hawkins for the #4 spot.

Hawkins has looked good but dont forget who it was against. Preseason all star doesn't mean regular season stud. A week ago people were saying he was going to get cut...now he is pushing KW out?

It would be better to make the move now and spare the controversy later, because if Williams comes out and flubs it in week 1, people are going to bust out the pitchforks demanding Hawkins be inserted in his place.
No they wont. After Baldwin had a great game he was the guy pushing to start. Hawkins had a great game so now he is the new fan favorite to start. This isn't his first rodeo, he's a 5 year vet, he should look great against backups and the backups to the backups. Hawkins and Baldwin will be fighting for the 5th and 6th spots, making one of them inactive on game day. Over time he may emerge but after 1 game people wont be calling for benchings...that would be dumb.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

1. Williams missed the last 5 games of the season and all of the playoffs after tearing his ACL against the Saints
2. Williams literally had 1 game with Kaep throwing him the ball, the rest of the games those 2 years consisted of an incompetent Smith throwing him the ball in a run-first offense.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
1. Williams missed the last 5 games of the season and all of the playoffs after tearing his ACL against the Saints
2. Williams literally had 1 game with Kaep throwing him the ball, the rest of the games those 2 years consisted of an incompetent Smith throwing him the ball in a run-first offense.

Its useless, just let them suck the preseason shaft until their stomachs are full. Cant wait for the regular season to get here!
Choices, choices, choices. Who would have thought this after the second preseason game? Positive momentum going into week 1.

Myth? yeah right. Cause Kaep had soooo many series with Jenkins this preseason, gtfo. If honestly dont believe Kaep elevates his receivers more than the previous QB then there is no hope for you. Keep on grasping at straws.

It's not a myth. Great QB's elevate their WRs, but to a certain extent.

People like to jump to extreme conclusions. Either a QB has everything to do with a WRs success, or nothing at all. In reality, its somewhere in between.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

People like to jump to extreme conclusions. Either a QB has everything to do with a WRs success, or nothing at all. In reality, its somewhere in between.

I believe in that argument. Brady, Peyton Manning, Rogers and Brees will find a way to get the most out of any receiver they are working with. I had endless debates with my roommate who claimed the Packers had the best WR core in the NFL. He straight up told me he'd take James Jones over anyone the 49ers had last year

But, if Kaep will someday fall in that category is a whole nother story. I sure hope he does, but it remains to be seen. I'm confident to say that this group of WRs will put up far better numbers with Kaep compared to if Smith were still here.

Jenkins practiced with Kap. If the pecking order is established at practice what is the problem? Because you dont know I will tell you, he was garbage. If this myth was true, we could throw any WR on the field and Kap would use his wizard powers to make them all probowlers. Because Kap isnt a wizard, the individual skill set of the player is actually important to their performance. Kap couldn't make AJ run faster, couldn't make him stronger, couldn't make him run better routes, block better, catch better, fight off defenders better....nothing. All of that is on the WR. All Kap is responsible for, is putting the ball in a place that it can be caught.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

This, Manning was a great QB, but it'd be ridiculous to claim that he'd have had the same level of success throwing to Jason Hill and Arnaz Battle as he was with Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison.