There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Look. I hope that Patton is the No. 2 to start the year. He's probably already my favorite player on the roster and I think 800 yards is not that outrageous of a claim. I'm just arguing the fact that Phoenix said it's obvious he's better than KW. You simply can't say that after 1.5 preseason games.

Its just the same kneejerk reactions you can expect on the zone. Patton will be good for sure, but people want to anoint him as the #2 and he still has a ways to go. KW had very little time with Kaep in the scheme of things so zoners dont know how good KW can be with a real QB throwing lasers to him. Same with Moore, same with Patton. I would be shocked if Patton got much more than 500-600 yards, this is gonna be a receiver corps by platoon and people are just losing sight of reality.
Look. I hope that Patton is the No. 2 to start the year. He's probably already my favorite player on the roster and I think 800 yards is not that outrageous of a claim. I'm just arguing the fact that Phoenix said it's obvious he's better than KW. You simply can't say that after 1.5 preseason games.

Yeah you can. I've never seen Kyle Williams play like this. He's just got it. The guys who got it are good right away like Patton is.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah you can. I've never seen Kyle Williams play like this. He's just got it. The guys who got it are good right away like Patton is.

Yes you have, you just have selective memory.
I think the coaches most preseason have acted like Marlon Moore is the #2. I haven't seen much from him, but against 1's hes had a few nice catches.

Solid analysis. You convinced me.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Its just the same kneejerk reactions you can expect on the zone. Patton will be good for sure, but people want to anoint him as the #2 and he still has a ways to go. KW had very little time with Kaep in the scheme of things so zoners dont know how good KW can be with a real QB throwing lasers to him. Same with Moore, same with Patton. I would be shocked if Patton got much more than 500-600 yards, this is gonna be a receiver corps by platoon and people are just losing sight of reality.

I'm glad I'm not the only one not prone to knee-jerk reactions here... I can forget how niner talk can be sometimes.
smfh @ this thread.

People were shaking their heads when Harbaugh decided to nut up and put Kaepernick in there when Smith clearly wasn't the answer, and I think that turned out pretty damn well for the San Francisco 49ers.

We've also seen Kyle Williams screw endless number of routes, get caught from behind when he was supposed to have "breakaway" speed, and oh yeah, fumble the Super Bowl away.

The negatives far outweigh the positives in the case of one Kyle Williams.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
smfh @ this thread.

People were shaking their heads when Harbaugh decided to nut up and put Kaepernick in there when Smith clearly wasn't the answer, and I think that turned out pretty damn well for the San Francisco 49ers.

lol that has nothing to do with anything, in fact it probably reinforces my point about kneejerk reactions cause multiple zoners were bashin Kaep as of the end of last preseason.
Maybe wait a week to make Patton starter week 2. Kyle is punt returner.
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:

Keep Kyle Williams away from my punts. Forever.

LMJ or Osgood. Or Patton.

Lol that's probably why you hate KW as a wr so much, because you let 2 plays that happened 2 years ago on special teams cloud your judgement. Plus, KW had some very good returns that year, specifically in the game up in Seattle where we beat the Seahawks. He had two very big returns that set us up with good field position.

Lol that's probably why you hate KW as a wr so much, because you let 2 plays that happened 2 years ago on special teams cloud your judgement. Plus, KW had some very good returns that year, specifically in the game up in Seattle where we beat the Seahawks. He had two very big returns that set us up with good field position.

That's a pretty huge cloud, as a 49er fan, I don't know how the hell you just let that "blow over."

And I'm not judging Williams' play at all. It's not Gymnastics where what you see is up to interpretation. The footage is there for all to see. He sucks!
I like Patton as the #2, but like him a lot more lined up in the slot position
Originally posted by wailers15:
I like Patton as the #2, but like him a lot more lined up in the slot position

Same here dude. He's going to cause some serious matchup issues for opposing defenses.