LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

It'll be Williams, who will be exposed as being the same mediocre receiver he has always been and eventually Patton or Moore will take the #2 role.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by verb1der:
K Will is even more expendable now.

Zone logic= found one quality receiver, lets dump the other 4.

lol, I'm just not over the NFGCC.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I say Marlon Moore, with Patton as the #3, the secret weapon.

Kyle Williams can be cut for all i care.

For who? So Chad f**king Hall can make the team?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It'll be Williams, who will be exposed as being the same mediocre receiver he has always been and eventually Patton or Moore will take the #2 role.

That would be beautiful

That would be beautiful

More beautiful would be he starts the year because he is already better obviously. Patton that is.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

That would be beautiful

More beautiful would be he starts the year because he is already better obviously. Patton that is.

Knee-jerk reaction, maybe?

Let me just say that Patton is probably my favorite player on the 49ers right now (yes, even more than LaMike) but it's impossible to say that he's obviously better than KW after two freakin' preseason games.
Williams should be cut , keeping space on the roster . Boldin , Moore & Patton , bing in Baldwin by the end zone
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Let me just say that Patton is probably my favorite player on the 49ers right now (yes, even more than LaMike) but it's impossible to say that he's obviously better than KW after two freakin' preseason games.

He's obviously better than Kyle Williams, I don't have the slightest doubt about that whatsoever. Williams is a nice guy in the slot and a decent deep threat but he should never be anything more than a #4 WR on a quality NFL receiving corps.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM ]
Dude, Williams sucks as a receiver, he has 35 receptions in his whole career. And Moore is no better either, okay yes, he's been a training camp star. But he's done nothing his whole career as a receiver either. The only receiver besides Boldin who is healthy and has actually produced at the NFL level is Collie. People are so quick to hit on his injuries in the past, he hasn't had a concussion since 2010, and he's recovered from his knee injury from last year. If he gets cut he's going to start somewhere else.
Send in "The General". Patton needs to roll in the heavy artillery.

smfh @ this thread.

He's obviously better than Kyle Williams, I don't have the slightest doubt about that whatsoever. Williams is a nice guy in the slot and a decent deep threat but he should never be anything more than a #4 WR on a quality NFL receiving corps.

How is it so obvious lol? Patton has only played in two meaningless games and missed most of his first training camp. It's far from obvious. Obvious shouldn't even mentioned in this debate.

Again, I hate arguing against Patton because I think he's going to be great. But come on, man. KW has had the most experience with Kaep out of all the receivers in the group ATM, so he deserves to get at least the first shot at the No. 2 or slot receiver at the start of the season, barring he's healthy.

And I don't know when this was updated or how seriously to consider it, but looks like KW is the No. 2 receiver: http://www.49ers.com/team/depth-chart.html
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM ]

I agree. He's way better than Williams. Way better. Williams has no business being a #2 ever.
I wouldn't put it past this guy to get 800 yards this year as a rookie.
Look. I hope that Patton is the No. 2 to start the year. He's probably already my favorite player on the roster and I think 800 yards is not that outrageous of a claim. I'm just arguing the fact that Phoenix said it's obvious he's better than KW. You simply can't say that after 1.5 preseason games.
Share 49ersWebzone