There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

Starter at WR opposite Anquan Boldin?

I don't have much confidence in KW to be honest, I think that he may be one of the cuts if Crabs and MM come back. He's not done enough to distance himself from the other receivers.
ok so im about to drop Aaron dobson from my fantasy team since hes not starting for NE and thinking of picking up Patton, Moore or WIlliams.

any advice?
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
ok so im about to drop Aaron dobson from my fantasy team since hes not starting for NE and thinking of picking up Patton, Moore or WIlliams.

any advice?

Find another receiver would be my advice, non of those you mentioned will put up any consistent stats week to week. Grab a Rueben Randle, or Cobb from GB or one of Brees receivers.
From page 5, for 5280:
Hey, amigo, go over the tape again, and you will see that Baldwin caught at least 3 balls in full stride, and made it look like it is supposed to...EASY. He managed to get his hands on the fastball Colt threw behind him and he was leaning left when ball came in behind him, a heater, and somehow Baldwin at least got a few fingers on it, while leaning in the opposite direction. Also recheck your tape and you will see he blocked just fine. New place , new start, 2yrs experience, and guy has caught 40 passes. PLus we came out about ~ $2.7 mil better capwise. You really don't like this guy and he allowed us to swap out a genuine mistake, AJ. Bad blood in the locker room, alluded to during the game, interestingly, can do bad things to teams, and can result in a really lopsided trade, just to get someone gone and in this case KC gets a 1st rd pick who has done zippo to this point. Hard to see why you don't like Baldwin. It's not like I think he going to catch 90 passes this yr....but he will be a great improvement over an admitted mistake, AJ. Hey, we done good, and we have barely seen Baldwin play. Also, as you know he had exactly 3 days to learn a few plays. I would say that portends well for the guy.

If you feel differently, well that is your prerogative, but from the cheap seats, I liked what I saw.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM ]
Should I drop Dwayne Bowe from mt fantasy team, for Patton? I do't think Smith knows how to find wide outs on a football field.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
From page 5, for 5280:
Hey, amigo, go over the tape again, and you will see that Baldwin caught at least 3 balls in full stride, and made it look like it is supposed to...EASY. He managed to get his hands on the fastball Colt threw behind him and he was leaning left when ball came in behind him, a heater, and somehow Baldwin at least got a few fingers on it, while leaning in the opposite direction. Also recheck your tape and you will see he blocked just fine. New place , new start, 2yrs experience, and guy has caught 40 passes. PLus we came out about ~ $2.7 mil better capwise. You really don't like this guy and he allowed us to swap out a genuine mistake, AJ. Bad blood in the locker room, alluded to during the game, interestingly, can do bad things to teams, and can result in a really lopsided trade, just to get someone gone and in this case KC gets a 1st rd pick who has done zippo to this point. Hard to see why you don't like Baldwin. It's not like I think he going to catch 90 passes this yr....but he will be a great improvement over an admitted mistake, AJ. Hey, we done good, and we have barely seen Baldwin play. Also, as you know he had exactly 3 days to learn a few plays. I would say that portends well for the guy.

If you feel differently, well that is your prerogative, but from the cheap seats, I liked what I saw.

Never said I dont like Baldwin, I am with most of the zone hoping he does fulfill his potential. But history is the best indicator of future success, and his history is filled with drops and bad routes. Let me put it to you this way... do you think Jenkins is gonna put it all together and finally realize his potential? Dont get me wrong, I am hoping we just landed a 6'3 230 pound beast of a receiver, but Im not holding my breath over it.
I expect Kyle Williams or Marlon Moore to get the start. By the end of the season, Moore, Patton, and Baldwin should be ahead of Williams on the depth chart. Hopefully they are playing well enough so that Crabtree doesn't have to rush a return. I see Mario Manningham trying to make it back, because if he doesn't he's probably going to get peanuts for his next contract. At that point, the odd man out at receiver could be cut.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Should I drop Dwayne Bowe from mt fantasy team, for Patton? I do't think Smith knows how to find wide outs on a football field.

LOL....no. Bowe will do just fine, the only other viable target that KC has right now is Fasano. Kelce has looked like crap and Avery has Delanie Walker hands.
KW better bust his balls if he wants to hold off Moore and Patton.
I hope Patton gets his fair share of time to contribute. He could be a very valuable player as he goes forward.
So, other than running deep posts routes in hoping to draw double-team attention, does it really matter? VD, McDonald and Boldin will be the "receivers" while we dominate on the ground with Gore and Hunter. The best run blocker on the outside of the bunch will be Baldwin, by far. He is also a known "deep threat" so perhaps he gets a lot of reps at the X position for those two reasons alone (playing the Moss-role). The others in Moore, Patton and Williams, they will get there chances at all three WR positions esp. in the slot (Y). And CK will find whoever is the most wide open.
Harper may be the best blocking WR on the team. It's what he did in college every game.

I think Williams will finally show something if he can stay healthy ... and he's going to start.

Patton is the game changer.

Boldin and Baldwin could be 3rd down machines.
Originally posted by Scoots:
Harper may be the best blocking WR on the team. It's what he did in college every game.

I think Williams will finally show something if he can stay healthy ... and he's going to start.

Patton is the game changer.

Boldin and Baldwin could be 3rd down machines.

This is going to be fun to watch play out (hopefully)!
And Davis, and McDonald, and even Celek occasionally.

And Gore, Hunter, and James will make catches.

The 49ers QBs have always been at their best when everyone is getting the ball. Someone always rises to the top, but if everybody is getting chances it's going to give defenses fits.

And the best run blocking OL in the game.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,072
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes I am the one man crusade for the keeping of moore

Bolin, Williams, Manningham, and Moore will be free agents at the end of the year.

We have to hope that Quinton Patton proves to be a solid wide receiver. I believe that he will actually be better than solid.

It would be nice to see either Moore or Williams step up this year, but I tend to think that it will be Moore who surprises us.