There are 305 users in the forums

Kap & Aldon - Are you worried

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Let's keep in mind that it costs a team a lot less to sign a top ten guard than it does to sign a top ten receiver.

i do not even know if crabs is a top ten wide out. i know that could lead to a whole other thread and a whole other headache but my point is that i agree with you!
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
I'm firmly in the Crabtree cap assuming he's looking for reasonable number 1 money. I think the drop off between Crabs and lets say average WR is much greater than Iupati and average guard. Kap is good enough to create time. Crabtree is a very special talent.So is Iupati, but I just dont think he effects the game the way Crabs does.

Yea I don't see how any person could honestly believe a top 10 guard affects the game the same way a top 10 receiver does. He probably isn't going to want reasonable money and to be honest neither are Kaep and Aldon. What makes you guys think Aldon isn't going to ask for the moon? Mario Williams signed a 96mil contract a couple of years and he had half the production Smith had. Clay Matthews is getting paid 66mil. Hmmmm. I wonder if Aldon is willing to play for the pennies were speculating he will when other studs that he clearly outperforms are getting the big money. Would you pay him a 66mil? Flacco, Romo, Rodgers at 100mil. Would you pay Kaep 100mil? I don't envy the FO because the next couple of year are going to have some hard decisions. I think it funny people want to right Crab off as if he's the one that's going to want to break the bank.

Problem is those first three guys are top ten at their position....Crabs isn't, but you can bet you @$$ he will wanna be paid like he is.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Problem is those first three guys are top ten at their position....Crabs isn't, but you can bet you @$$ he will wanna be paid like he is.
this time infinity,, philly and i are joined at the hip tonight i will believe it when i see it,, for those who say crabs will be reasonable
hopefully we see it.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone