LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Kap & Aldon - Are you worried

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'd let both Iupati and Crabtree walk... just to make sure that Kaep and Aldon get locked up as 49ers for many more years. Got to make sacrifices somewhere.
Over pay for Kap + Oline + maybe Vernon.......don't over pay for WRs and RBs
Over Pay for defense....but not DT.

I think if we have journeymen vet WRs and WRs draft picks...Kap will take care of us just enough...like Brady does for the Pats.
NO!
Originally posted by outside4949:
I think of the big contracts coming up iupatti is the easiest to replace. I wouldn't sale crabs down the road yet. for whatever reason this coaching staff has not been great at finding recievers. jenkins edwards moss. bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

This is in agreement with Bill Walsh book entitle "The winning edge" A premium is put on qb, pass rush, WR, shut down CB, and blind side OT, the interior line can be replaced much easeir than the aforementioned four positions.

I love Iupati, but if CK7 is injured, the niners are screwed, if Iuipati is out, the betting line might not even change.
Pay them at all costs.
As far as players that we could do deals with now, so far the only rumors I can recall hearing have been about preliminary talks with Iupati. Haven't heard a peep about extending Crabtree before or after the achilles injury. For those looking for Blue's Clues.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Over pay for Kap + Oline + maybe Vernon.......don't over pay for WRs and RBs
Over Pay for defense....but not DT.

I think if we have journeymen vet WRs and WRs draft picks...Kap will take care of us just enough...like Brady does for the Pats.

It feels like as long as the 49ers have Jim Tomsula they will be fine on the defensive line. That dude has done absolute wonders with the guys that he has brought up through the system and coached them into quality starters. Just look at the list of guys that he has brought up since 2007. Starting with Franklin and RayMac, then Sopoaga, RJF, and now Ian Williams is showing real promise after being coached up. These guys all had/have talent, but Coach Tomsula brings out the best in guys. It pretty much seems like if we give Tomsula 3 years to coach up guys, they'll be serviceable starters by their 3rd year.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I'd let both Iupati and Crabtree walk... just to make sure that Kaep and Aldon get locked up as 49ers for many more years. Got to make sacrifices somewhere.

I don't think it'll come to that. Kap and Aldon are due for big pay raises in the near future, but some big money will be coming off the books as well. Goodwin, Rogers, Whitner are a few high-priced veterans who will come off the books as soon as next year. We may not be able to sign both Iupati and Crab, but I'm highly confident we'll keep one. My money is on Iupati. Crabtree seems like he might go to the highest bidder. Haven't forgot his ridiculous rookie holdout.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't think it'll come to that. Kap and Aldon are due for big pay raises in the near future, but some big money will be coming off the books as well. Goodwin, Rogers, Whitner are a few high-priced veterans who will come off the books as soon as next year. We may not be able to sign both Iupati and Crab, but I'm highly confident we'll keep one. My money is on Iupati. Crabtree seems like he might go to the highest bidder. Haven't forgot his ridiculous rookie holdout.

If you got to chose would it be Iupati or Crabtree?
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Same here man, Iupati seems like the guy more likely to get a contract extension from the 49ers. Its not like the 49ers won't try to get Crabtree, but his ridiculous rookie holdout was a pretty good foreshadowing that he won't take anything less than Top-5 money at his position. He doesn't deserve that kind of money so Baalke won't pay him.. someone probably will though, Houston maybe?

I mean you guys act like there's not another guard on the planet that can block. Finding a guy Crabtree? Goodluck.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Same here man, Iupati seems like the guy more likely to get a contract extension from the 49ers. Its not like the 49ers won't try to get Crabtree, but his ridiculous rookie holdout was a pretty good foreshadowing that he won't take anything less than Top-5 money at his position. He doesn't deserve that kind of money so Baalke won't pay him.. someone probably will though, Houston maybe?

I don't think Houston has the cap space. They have Watt coming up soon I think. They were the pressing the cap last season and the resigning Joseph. Probably the Browns. Lol.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM ]
They shouldn't pay Kaep 20 mil no matter what. A contract like that could cripple this franchise for years to come. Contracts like Flacco and M. Ryan are ruining if for other franchises. Neither those guys should be getting that money. Oh and I forgot the insane contract that Romo got. Kills me. They shouldn't pay Kaep more than 15 mil a year regardless what he does. Aldon far less. Aldon has shown what a non factor he can be without the cowboy lined up next to him and unfortunately cowboys years are numbered. The FO has been good about keeping a solid team without giving huge contracts. Should be same for every position. I know people are gonna say Kaep is the QB and should get the money but most people especially a lot on this website thought Kaep wasn't what he is in only 2 years. If need be draft another to groom now.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by eonblue:

If you got to chose would it be Iupati or Crabtree?

That's a tough one, man. I love both guys. If I had to choose one, I'll go with Iupati. I think he's a rare-caliber guard that you want to keep around. Crab is great, but I think we can plug in other receivers who can be effective with Kap at QB.
Share 49ersWebzone