There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank "the tank's" replacment?

Frank "the tank's" replacment?

People already crowning lattimore? Lol hunter is a beast and would start on half the other teams in the nfl
Lattimore I hope. He can be our answer to lynch. No cren putos?
i stand corrected. my info was old.
Gore can never be replaced
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
he can only be succeeded
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
he can only be succeeded

Like Jerry, Joe, Steve, and Ronnie
Hunter is a tough dude. Should be a great training camp battle with Lattimore for the #2 spot. Frank is still around.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
NO love for BIG DIX?
When Gore leaves the Niners, I leave the Niners. Just kidding, but truthfully I am thinking we might even draft another back for the simple reason that LMJ has been somewhat underwhelming to say the least. He has had troubles with ball security/ pass blocking among other things, I don't see LMJ as a necessity for this team. Even if he improves, I wouldn't be against trading him for some kind of conditional draft pick. Don't forget, since the Harbaugh regime, we have drafted at least one running back a draft since. Right now Hunter is the apprentice, he has taken to pass blocking quite well and he has a style very similar to the Inconvenient Truth. I would welcome a healthy Lattimore to come in and turn heads and be good enough to compete for the starting HB spot but we will just have to wait on that one. The fact that he is taking the season off barring some kind of terrible injury plague to our backfield coupled with an amazingly fast recovery, maybe we'll find out sooner than later, but the way I see it, Its Gore then Hunter, anything else after that is TBD.
[ Edited by prime21 on Aug 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM ]
Too early to tell at this point. If Lattimore disappoints, that guy is not even a 9er yet.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Too early to tell at this point. If Lattimore disappoints, that guy is not even a 9er yet.

People have been talking about replacing Gore for what--at least the last three years. This has become an annual discussion.

Hunter is the next in line--and Hunter is no slough.

We do have to see what happens with Lattimore, but I am pretty sure that he is a 49er; unproven perhaps, but still a 49er.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Rascal:

People have been talking about replacing Gore for what--at least the last three years. This has become an annual discussion.

Hunter is the next in line--and Hunter is no slough.

We do have to see what happens with Lattimore, but I am pretty sure that he is a 49er; unproven perhaps, but still a 49er.

I think you misunderstood. I meant if for some reason Lattimore is not as good as advertised, the person (as in the guy who is supposed to take over from Frank is not a 9er yet, as in he is not here, as in we are yet to identify that guy, as in we are yet to draft him, etc).