There are 337 users in the forums

Frank "the tank's" replacment?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Frank "the tank's" replacment?

Our RB depth in the long-term, as well as the present, is incredible.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
who says he has one year left, he does not run out of gas. anyone who would b***h because he did not score a touchdown on the long run vs the ravens should have their head examined in my opinion. he has had about everything fixed and replaced and keeps coming back. the problem is to keep him on the bench for a rest.
I think Hunter will go into camp as the heir apparent next year. Assuming of course at the end of the year he shows no ill-effects of his Achilles injury. Lattimore has the talent to take the job though. We'll just have to see.
Originally posted by cciowa:
who says he has one year left, he does not run out of gas. anyone who would b***h because he did not score a touchdown on the long run vs the ravens should have their head examined in my opinion. he has had about everything fixed and replaced and keeps coming back. the problem is to keep him on the bench for a rest.

Might only have 1 year left with the 49ers. This is the NFL man, it is extremely rare for a team to let a guy play out his career with them when they have 3 young guns in the wings. There is always a youth movement.
This article says he tore 3, not 4, latest one i found

Lattimore accepts 49ers' measured approach to comebackPublished: August 6, 2013

SAM FARMER — Los Angeles Times

SANTA CLARA, CALIF. — Marcus Lattimore's bad right wheel isn't up to full speed, but the wheels in his head are spinning in overdrive.

"I'll be better than I was when I was playing at 100 percent, no doubt," said Lattimore, a South Carolina running back drafted in the fourth round by the San Francisco 49ers in April.

Lattimore, who suffered a catastrophic knee injury last fall, feels he's capable of participating in training camp. But he also respects the 49ers' decision not to rush his recovery. He's on the active/non-football injury list, meaning he counts against the 90-man roster limit and can be activated at any time before final cuts. Still, he's expected to miss most of his rookie season, if not all.

"I could play now, without question," he said after a recent workout with a team trainer. "I probably wouldn't look my best. But if I was called upon, it could happen."

Heading into last season, Lattimore was college football's top running back prospect and on track to be an NFL first-rounder. At 5 feet, 111/2 inches and 232 pounds, he had size to go with his speed. But on Oct. 27 — with millions of viewers covering their eyes for the replays — his right knee bent the wrong way, dislocated, and left him with three torn ligaments.
Depending how well he can come back but Lattimore get a nod.

Hunter is an excellent change of pace back and I still have my doubts about him taking a full time load. LMJ would be 3rd in the pecking order.
No worries here. I don't know when Frank is going to wear down, but right now he looks great. Hunter and Lattimore are both capable of getting the nod eventually.

Not concerned about Hunter's size at all. He's short, but strong. I think he can be an every down back for us. Some of the running lanes this scheme and o-line create are massive, and Hunter is a very decisive runner who hits the hole in a flash.

I feel confident Lattimore can return from his injury and be great. He obviously has the physical tools to take over for Frank when the time comes.
Lattimore+Hunter+James. Really now a days your RB's better good at catching out the backfield so I'll be interested to see how good Lattimore' s hands are. This is more than likely Roman's last year no matter what happens with the team so it would be interesting to see who the next OC would be. That would answer the OP question better
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Lattimore+Hunter+James. Really now a days your RB's better good at catching out the backfield so I'll be interested to see how good Lattimore' s hands are. This is more than likely Roman's last year no matter what happens with the team so it would be interesting to see who the next OC would be. That would answer the OP question better

lattimore has great hands. its a strength in his game!

Yeah, that is really unfortunate. I'll say this though, I'm so damn happy that the 49ers were able to keep him for 3 years.... especially after that 7 year run of not being able to keep a decent OC and replacing them with eff-ups.

Originally posted by outside4949:

lattimore has great hands. its a strength in his game!

Prob does. Didn't see it much at SC.Gore and James and even Dixon can all catch out of the backfield. Don't forget Miller
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

Yeah, that is really unfortunate. I'll say this though, I'm so damn happy that the 49ers were able to keep him for 3 years.... especially after that 7 year run of not being able to keep a decent OC and replacing them with eff-ups.

Even when he leaves our identity won't change under Harbs. Especially not with our O-line.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

Even when he leaves our identity won't change under Harbs. Especially not with our O-line.
It will change a little bit. When a team loses a quality coach, they lose that comfort level and that trust between the players and the OC. Think of the Packers with Philbin, they evolved into a nearly unstoppable force with him and when he went to Miami their offense was still pretty good but not even close to where they were with him as OC. Sure, they had some injury problems last year and that hurt too. I'm not fully disagreeing with you though, I also believe that Harbaugh is a driving force in the offensive philosophy so it will still be the same team, just maybe not a well-oiled machine without Roman.
Originally posted by stunder49:
baalke trades baldwin for adrian peterson

LaMike to Chiefs for Jamaal Charles. We seem to always sell the dead bird to the blind kid of the league.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by stunder49:
baalke trades baldwin for adrian peterson

LaMike to Chiefs for Jamaal Charles. We seem to always sell the dead bird to the blind kid of the league.

Who's a pretty bird? Who's a pretty bird?

You sold it to Petey?!?!?!
Share 49ersWebzone