LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Is Asomugha or Culliver better RIGHT NOW if Culliver is healthy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Asomugha or Culliver better RIGHT NOW if Culliver is healthy?

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWay:
The point is pretty simple and valid.

To gain an understanding of what to expect, like we do with everything else here as fans.

Everyone has an opinion and a sense, and I am curious to see what the responses are to a valid subject.

We have no idea though. Does Fangio saying he'll be the #3 CB and us watching him against qb's that can't hit receivers give anyone enough info. about how well he'll play in the regular season?
No clue Who can knockdown a high pass? Culliver is very physical but unfortunately, he doesn't play for Seattle so he's called for P.I. I gotta go with Nnamdi though b/c of his height and veteran status (he'll get those calls that Culliver won't). Period. And both press very well but Nnamdi may be more technically sound at this stage.
Originally posted by Raul98:
The question i have is when Wright comes back in week 6 is he the number 4 corner ? or does he have a chance to fight for the 3 spot ? my dream scenario is Asomugha plays good enough to win a starting spot and then they bench Rodgers since i don't think they re sign him anyway. And make Nnamdi and Brown starters and Wright the 3rd corner.
I like that! And Cox can play outside as well and good depth with Rogers, Cooper, Brock, Morris, etc. Nice!
Got to get that sweet stuff outta here
Based on the past 2 years, Culliver. But we'll see how well Nnamdi performs for us.
I think I would prefer nmand in a big game but the niners go for the best matchup available rather than who is the so called 1 2 or 3
I miss Cully
Culliver. LOL.
Asomugha had one bad play where he missed the tackle on Nelson. But aside from that? He played well and the TD looked like he thought Whitner would be there.

Asomugha was thrown at 9 times and allowed only 4 catches. How did Culliver look with a inconsistent pass rush? He wasn't all that great either, as that was the case with everyone in the secondary.
Solid performance by Nmandi , inn his first game vs AR. I will take it

Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Asomugha had one bad play where he missed the tackle on Nelson. But aside from that? He played well and the TD looked like he thought Whitner would be there.

Asomugha was thrown at 9 times and allowed only 4 catches. How did Culliver look with a inconsistent pass rush? He wasn't all that great either, as that was the case with everyone in the secondary.

He did end up doing better

That missed tackle is going to stick with him though

,gif of the future
I liked what I saw from Nnamdi...he was covering well. The one long pass Nelson caught on him he just didn't turn around to knock it away.
Yeah, but on that Nelson pass he was RIGHT there with him but just too tough to stop. The same thing basically happened to Brown in the 2nd half. You just have to tip your cap to Rodgers and Nelson on those back shoulder passes.

The TD to Nelson was a bit confusing though. Nnamdi reacted very slow as if he thought they were running a zone. I mean why would he just let Nelson get a free release there and let him run a slant in front of him? Either way, I thought he played physical at the LOS and had good coverage all game. The missed tackle is something he needs to correct for the next game though.

End of the day, the pass rush will decide just how good are secondary does. A inconsistent pass rush will make it hard on pretty much anyone.
Feel really god we have both.
Nnamdi
Share 49ersWebzone