There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Preseason draft grades

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You shut your filthy mouth.

I really do think that you guys, our draft prognosticators, provide the rest of us with solid information and insight.

I appreciate the work that you all do. (I would list names, but knowing me I would forget at least one person.)
did they take down the individual grades? i don't see dial mentioned anywhere
Who cares. I'm confident that this draft class will pan out to be one of the best in 49er history. Lemonier, McDonald, and Reid have all looked great. Patton, in limited time, has shown that he could be a legit #2 WR.

All of that aside, Carradine was my favorite draft pick.... and he hasn't even stepped on the field yet. He will be a beast once he is healthy and up to speed on the defense.
who cares. Tank, Lattimore and Dial have major upside. Vance and Lemonier are looking like vets already, and Reid is making most forget about Goldson. Daniels has major upside too. At worst it's a B+ draft, I think A for me. 3 upside players, we have our future backup to Kap. Starting FS, stud 3rd OLB, and stud TE #2. And then when Tank and Dial are healthy, maybe this year, we will have major depth. Lattimore can rehab and be our future at RB with Hunter.

Edit: I forgot Patton, #2 WR talent IMO.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM ]
Reid should be an A since he made the starting unit on a great defense.
It's Bleacher Report. There is no difference between this article being written there, or Ryan Riddle creating an account and posting a thread here. They require the same amount of expertise/intelligence/writing ability.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
who cares. Tank, Lattimore and Dial have major upside. Vance and Lemonier are looking like vets already, and Reid is making most forget about Goldson. Daniels has major upside too. At worst it's a B+ draft, I think A for me. 3 upside players, we have our future backup to Kap. Starting FS, stud 3rd OLB, and stud TE #2. And then when Tank and Dial are healthy, maybe this year, we will have major depth. Lattimore can rehab and be our future at RB with Hunter.

Edit: I forgot Patton, #2 WR talent IMO.

It's actually pretty amazing. EVERY healthy draft pick looks like they are plus pick so far, and the injured ones are loaded with potential.

The draft class reminds me of Kap at this time last year. Oozing with talent that is undeniable, but not yet proven.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Reid should be an A since he made the starting unit on a great defense.

Well, but his competition wasn't the best. Still, earning the starting spot keeps his arrow up.
bleacher report?
Reid: B+
Carradine: INC
McDonald: B+
Lemonier: A-
Patton: A-
Lattimore: INC
Dial: INC
Moody: B-
Daniels: A
Bykowski: C
Cooper: C
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

My goodness, what an amazing draft.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

My goodness, what an amazing draft.

Really. If things pan out the way I expect (hope?!), this will be one of the great drafts. For any team. And it was made by a team already very strong.
Originally posted by English:
Really. If things pan out the way I expect (hope?!), this will be one of the great drafts. For any team. And it was made by a team already very strong.

I didn't think we would surpass the mighty 2011 draft anytime soon, but even with Kap and Aldon leading that class, we might have actually done it.

I think that McDonald will be an "A". Also for a 6th Moody looks good and will likely play for a long time!
They gave the Ram's Ogletree a C. He looked like an absolute beast last game.

They're mainly looking at preseason play. We drafted players for the future and took guys with injuries. At least these clowns gave Lemonier his due.