There are 434 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

should we cut brock for cooper

Cooper is a practice squad guy to me..I would rather want Morris then cooper on the 53 if we were picking..Morris has rare speed and could atleast be a really valueble special teams guy. Brock is safe in my opinion
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
brock is horrible on special teams

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/special-teams-category

#1 on our team and tied for 10th in the league with 16 tackles last year
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
brock is horrible on special teams

Dime a dozen, Dan Skuta and Craig Dahl will take it from here.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Pretty irrelevant, I don't think so, I think hes probably one of the best on the team, also was pretty good at it in college too. But his coverage has been pretty up to this point where he made a few mistakes. Tell me who do you think would've won on that jump ball with Joe Webb, Brock or Webb??

Yes, it is irrelevant when we already have Williams and James ahead of him for PR duties.

What makes you think that TD play is relevant to me anyways? I'm not mad at Cox for losing a jump ball but just overall je gave up much more than Brock did. Cox also had a terrible PI penalty in the end zone on 3rd down. But that play was on Reid as well.
Dime a dozen, Dan Skuta and Craig Dahl will take it from here.

That's what we all thought when we decided to let Costanzo and Jones go because they weren't versatile enough. I think we should keep 6 and Cooper or Morris should make it. Not like we have an abundance of depth at DL or S anyways. Spillman and Dahl can backup both spots so we don't necessarily need a 5th S. DL Dial and Carradine to PUP so could might only keep 6 so there might be room for 6 CBs.
That's what we all thought when we decided to let Costanzo and Jones go because they weren't versatile enough. I think we should keep 6 and Cooper or Morris should make it. Not like we have an abundance of depth at DL or S anyways. Spillman and Dahl can backup both spots so we don't necessarily need a 5th S. DL Dial and Carradine to PUP so could might only keep 6 so there might be room for 6 CBs.

And ST haven't been the same ever since. Colin Jones is another forgotten guy who I think they're hoping Dahl turns out to be on the ST unit.

LOL, man the Brock hate is strong on this site! But just from experience, bringing up stats will not change people's opinions. He is still a bum to their eyes ,
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
And ST haven't been the same ever since. Colin Jones is another forgotten guy who I think they're hoping Dahl turns out to be on the ST unit.

Seriously, losing those two were the worse thing to happen to this team in the last two years. We went from having the BEST coverage unit to having one of the worse. And to be honest, in preseason it hasn't looked much better.

Jones went for a 7th round pick, and Contanzo only wanted a 1 year 1 million type of deal.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
LOL, man the Brock hate is strong on this site! But just from experience, bringing up stats will not change people's opinions. He is still a bum to their eyes ,

I think Brock gets a ton of hate from the one play on 3rd and long where he gave up the TD to Manningham in the NFCCG. He was right there on the play just unfortunate that he had to be in the game because Goldson knocked out Brown.

Yeah Costanzo got signed for like 2 years, 2.2 mil I think. We let him go because he couldn't backup at ILB. Still I thought we should have kept him for that. Even if he was the #4 or 5 ILB, he wouldn't have had to play there at all anyways most likely. Jones same thing just wasn't going to make it at safety and I think we were going to cut him so got something for nothing. I think Costanzo's loss was bigger because he was the leader of that Tony Montana squad. Some times we go a little overboard with versatility.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM ]
I mean think about the situation he was put in. Up four points in the 4th quarter of a NFCCG in a season he hasn't seen real action since like week 3. That is a tough situation to be put in but yeah on a 3rd and 15 that was terrible. Whatever though, if people want to continue to use that as the reason he sucks, so be it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Pretty irrelevant, I don't think so, I think hes probably one of the best on the team, also was pretty good at it in college too. But his coverage has been pretty up to this point where he made a few mistakes. Tell me who do you think would've won on that jump ball with Joe Webb, Brock or Webb??

Yes, it is irrelevant when we already have Williams and James ahead of him for PR duties.

What makes you think that TD play is relevant to me anyways? I'm not mad at Cox for losing a jump ball but just overall je gave up much more than Brock did. Cox also had a terrible PI penalty in the end zone on 3rd down. But that play was on Reid as well.

Every CB has a PI penalty, I don't know any player that has never been flagged for one.

And your kidding me right, I don't want Kyle Williams anywhere near PR or KR duties. I've always said, he makes a better receiver than a special teamer. And judging
from what I've seen of Cox, Kyle Williams is NOT the better PR.
You don't want Williams near PR duties because of the NFCCG, correct?

Aw great, fits in perfectly with the Brock hate LOL.

Last year Williams only had 4 PRs, but avg 13 a return and looked pretty solid. And on kickoffs he avg 27.2 per attempt which was four yards better than Ginn. Cox didn't even return a punt or kick. But yeah, you're right Williams is ahead of Cox LOL.
Every CB has a PI penalty, I don't know any player that has never been flagged for one.

And your kidding me right, I don't want Kyle Williams anywhere near PR or KR duties. I've always said, he makes a better receiver than a special teamer. And judging
from what I've seen of Cox, Kyle Williams is NOT the better PR.

Also, I know penalties happen but how can you act like he played better than Brock this preseason. I already put out their stats and Brock has out performed him by even going up against better competition.
I think Brock gets a ton of hate from the one play on 3rd and long where he gave up the TD to Manningham in the NFCCG. He was right there on the play just unfortunate that he had to be in the game because Goldson knocked out Brown.

Yeah Costanzo got signed for like 2 years, 2.2 mil I think. We let him go because he couldn't backup at ILB. Still I thought we should have kept him for that. Even if he was the #4 or 5 ILB, he wouldn't have had to play there at all anyways most likely. Jones same thing just wasn't going to make it at safety and I think we were going to cut him so got something for nothing. I think Costanzo's loss was bigger because he was the leader of that Tony Montana squad. Some times we go a little overboard with versatility.

I don't dislike Brock for any specific play. I dislike him bs he sucks in general.
I mean think about the situation he was put in. Up four points in the 4th quarter of a NFCCG in a season he hasn't seen real action since like week 3. That is a tough situation to be put in but yeah on a 3rd and 15 that was terrible. Whatever though, if people want to continue to use that as the reason he sucks, so be it.

Your making excuses for Brock. You've been making excuses for Brock the entire thread. It's whatever though. My opinion of Brock is based solely on the preseason. I thought it was interesting that Brock has given up less yard than Cox. If it makes you feel better I will be doing my best to analyze Brock as objectively as possible tonight. I