There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

should we cut brock for cooper

Glad it's not my job. Brock has been playing well all preseason and has been a good ST's guy as a gunner, but apparently Cooper is, too. In Harbaalke we trust.........
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Brock is ahead of Cox so I can't imagine it happening.

This.
It doesn't make sense. The whole preseason it looked as if Nnamdi was competing with Cox for the #3. All the reports read "Nnamdi wins the 3# over Brock". Brock being in the race was the real news.

Edit: I don't see why not. Brocks contract expires after this year. I would rather invest the time in a guy we have for the next couple of years and see if he pans out Investing another year in a guy that we don't plan on resigning is foolish.

Agreed, Cox/Brock were competing with Nnamdi for the 3rd CB spot when a team goes 3+ wide. Cox and Nnamdi will get a lot of snaps (not sure about Brock now - maybe in the nickle but his primary role will be on ST). Brown and Cox will now slide inside to the slot (b/c Rogers is too slow). All that said, Cooper should still make the 53 and I'd love is Morris could push Brock right off the roster as he is probably the only gunner we have on ST now.
lol. no. Brock has played very well this preseason.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
We know that because you are remembering him allowing that TD to Manningham? He has shown NOTHING in preseason to tell you he is poo. Brock has played very well and has been sticking opposing WRs like glue.

That's definitely when some people soured on him.
Whatever they decide on this is fine by me. I don't care enough about either CB to make a fuss over it. The coaches get to watch these guys closely every practice... me? not so much. Maybe Cooper makes it past waivers to the practice squad.. maybe not. Not a big deal.. but I'd have zero problems seeing both Cooper and Morris make the P-squad. We are going to need some CB depth in 2014, and if they can be young and have a year of experience in our system? all the better.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:
Webzone rule #43 - in the absence of evidence, newer is always better.

Webzone rule #1 Never admit you do not know.
Cooper should clear waivers and he could land on the P-squad. No!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would rather take a chance on Cooper, Brock had his chance, now its time to move over for the younger guy. Hard to decide though, both haven't really made any mistakes so far in Preseason, but I like Coopers 6'2" 190 pound measurables more.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Absolutely not, Brock has played great in preseason and people are just holding his past play against him. The amount of growth he has shown from last year to this year is promising, and we need to keep him since he is one of our few young CBs.

I love the potential of Cooper though, and would like to keep him as well. He has size/athleticism you can't teach and if we let one CB go, let it be Cox. And lets not forget, Brock is a solid STs contributor as well.

Cox is a pretty decent PR too and could very well compete on kick coverage, can't say the same for Brock doing both. Cox is much more valuable IMO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Cox is a pretty decent PR too and could very well compete on kick coverage, can't say the same for Brock doing both. Cox is much more valuable IMO.

this times infinity. i always forget about cox but he has been good for us and has really been a standout in pre season so far.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

this times infinity. i always forget about cox but he has been good for us and has really been a standout in pre season so far.

Sure Cox had a few mistakes in the last Preseason game, but those were errors any of the DB's could've made. No way any of our DB's except maybe Asomugha could've out jumped Joe Webb (6'4" 200 pounds) for that jump ball in the endzone. Also love to have multiple players that can back up at PR like Cox can, lord knows that's a crucial positon.
Brock is a better cover corner than Cox, and better gunner as well. So only thing Cox could do is return punts which is pretty irrelevant since we have plenty of guys who could do that. No clue why people love Cox so much but at the same time hate Brock. I'll give Cox a plus for being able to play the slot though. Those holding the Manningham TD against him are pathetic. That's like saying Williams lost us the Giants game so he deserves to be cut. Relax, it was one play and Brock was thrown into the fire at the absolute worse time. For anyone to say Brock hasn't been good in preseason are kidding themselves.

Cooper is a guy I want to keep as well. This is why I brought up the addition of Wright was unnecessary. Will jusy make us cut one of the younger guys.
I've always thought Brock was solid and steadily improving. "IF" someone gets injured who would you trust more?
I would, his play in preseason has given me much more confidence in him. Brock has very good speed and is comfortable in the system. Still can't believe he got called for a PI penalty on a play that he read perfectly.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Brock is a better cover corner than Cox, and better gunner as well. So only thing Cox could do is return punts which is pretty irrelevant since we have plenty of guys who could do that. No clue why people love Cox so much but at the same time hate Brock. I'll give Cox a plus for being able to play the slot though. Those holding the Manningham TD against him are pathetic. That's like saying Williams lost us the Giants game so he deserves to be cut. Relax, it was one play and Brock was thrown into the fire at the absolute worse time. For anyone to say Brock hasn't been good in preseason are kidding themselves.

Cooper is a guy I want to keep as well. This is why I brought up the addition of Wright was unnecessary. Will jusy make us cut one of the younger guys.

Pretty irrelevant, I don't think so, I think hes probably one of the best on the team, also was pretty good at it in college too. But his coverage has been pretty up to this point where he made a few mistakes. Tell me who do you think would've won on that jump ball with Joe Webb, Brock or Webb??