There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

should we cut brock for cooper

This what? That he hasn't impressed you in preseason or that he hasn't shown anything in preseason to make the assumption he is "poo?"
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Most ruhtarded question asked since "is Aldon a bust cause his hands were on his hips" .... Brock will make the roster, he is the lovechild of Harbaalke. the real decision is between cooper or morris.

i like coopers' size and morris' quickness/closing speed....
If it is between Cooper and Morris, give me Cooper all day EVERY DAY. Cooper has size/athleticism you can't teach and has more potential because of it. Give him a full year to learn and lets see what we have in him.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
This what? That he hasn't impressed you in preseason or that he hasn't shown anything in preseason to make the assumption he is "poo?"

He hasn't impressed me in preseason. I've watched the secondary pretty closely and he has been the least impressive by far. I don't see how you think he sticks to receivers like goo but there's no use arguing over that.

If I had to choose between Cooper or Brock it would be Cooper but I don't see the point in cutting Brock if we don't have to. Cooper would probably clear waivers so that's most likely where's he going and honestly Brock is more prepared for the roster.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM ]
So since you have watched him closely, please tell me what bad plays he's had to make you question him. He allowed two short completions against Den, allowed NOTHING against KC, and maybe allowed one catch against MIN. He was called for a bogus PI call though. Again, people can't look objectively on this matter and make claims against Brock that are not true. This preseason he has played very well and he's seen the field more than any other CB.
In 62 pass coverage snaps, Brock has allowed 31 total yards. But yeah, I guess he hasn't been impressive.............................
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I feel like everyone hates Brock strictly because Manningham beat him for that TD in the '12 NFCCG. He's really not a bad 4th CB, and he's solid on STs.

I hate him because when the 49ers went to Lambeau his rookie year, he got beat for 2 TDs and probably around 250 yards by Aaron Rodgers.

Watching him against Peyton Manning, he gave up 2 first downs and the one time Manning went deep the WR beat Brock but the pass was uncatchable. Brock is pure garbage.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I hate him because when the 49ers went to Lambeau his rookie year, he got beat for 2 TDs and probably around 250 yards by Aaron Rodgers.

Watching him against Peyton Manning, he gave up 2 first downs and the one time Manning went deep the WR beat Brock but the pass was uncatchable. Brock is pure garbage.

Lmfao, so when Manning went deep it was only because it was uncatchable, right? It wasn't because Brock was RIGHT there with Thomas, right?

Again, you proved James and mine point with your post. You are holding the past against him but Manning beat him for one first down. The other one was like a seven yard catch. He has more than held his own in every game.
i couldnt care less
By the way, you are FULL of crap saying he allowed 200 yards against GB. Obviously you were being sarcastic, but hard to do all that playing only one snap LOL.

So yeah, you probably were thinking of someone else. Only real time action he has ever seen was in 2011.

He was thrown at 12 times and allowed 6 catches for 99 yards and 2 TDs. Brock also had 2 INTs before getting hurt and obviously having Culliver take his spot.

Brock definitely wasn't great that year, but people are making up some crap on him like I assumed.........................
Brock has played really well in preseason.
So since you have watched him closely, please tell me what bad plays he's had to make you question him. He allowed two short completions against Den, allowed NOTHING against KC, and maybe allowed one catch against MIN. He was called for a bogus PI call though. Again, people can't look objectively on this matter and make claims against Brock that are not true. This preseason he has played very well and he's seen the field more than any other CB.

He's stay about 2 yards off of recievers in man coverage. He can't cover strong recievers. He's slow to react in zone. Maybe he didn't give away any receptions against KC, which I can't say for sure because I'm not a lexicon of CB plays, but he got beat by Baldwin on a couple of plays but Baldwin likes juggle balls not catch them. Also Brock has not played a majority of the preseason snaps. Cox played more than him in the first 2 preseasons game by about 5 snaps each game. Cox has been going against the 1st and 2nd string offense at NB/CB whereas Brock has seen most of the tail end snaps. Cox has been more impressive against the 1st string than Brock has against the 3rd string. I guess saying he's bad is unfair. He's not good though. I really hope they give Cox a look as the #4.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I feel like everyone hates Brock strictly because Manningham beat him for that TD in the '12 NFCCG. He's really not a bad 4th CB, and he's solid on STs.

When did we go to Lambeau in Brock's rookie year? We didn't play the Pack in 2011.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
When did we go to Lambeau in Brock's rookie year? We didn't play the Pack in 2011.

Yep, in 2010 he played one snap in garbage time but supposedly he allowed 250 yards and 2 TDs LOL.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Yep, in 2010 he played one snap in garbage time but supposedly he allowed 250 yards and 2 TDs LOL.

Ah, I thought Brock came on board in 2011, don't remember him at all in 2010.