LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

should we cut brock for cooper

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i really think brock is expendable ..why not let cooper take his place as the fourth cornerback ...cooper provides height and speed .and also brock is horrible on special teams ...look at the tapes on kick offs
I wouldn't be mad if we made this move.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yea. we know brock is poo. cooper would be cheaper too.
Brock is ahead of Cox so I can't imagine it happening.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Brock is ahead of Cox so I can't imagine it happening.

This.
It doesn't make sense. The whole preseason it looked as if Nnamdi was competing with Cox for the #3. All the reports read "Nnamdi wins the 3# over Brock". Brock being in the race was the real news.

Edit: I don't see why not. Brocks contract expires after this year. I would rather invest the time in a guy we have for the next couple of years and see if he pans out Investing another year in a guy that we don't plan on resigning is foolish.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
Because they can hide cooper on ps for the year. Brock gives them decent exp and lets be serious, Cooper isnt better right now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
should we or could be
I feel like everyone hates Brock strictly because Manningham beat him for that TD in the '12 NFCCG. He's really not a bad 4th CB, and he's solid on STs.
Turning over a roster every year is what a good GM does. If the players talent level are similar, always go with the younger guy.
Most ruhtarded question asked since "is Aldon a bust cause his hands were on his hips" .... Brock will make the roster, he is the lovechild of Harbaalke. the real decision is between cooper or morris.

have you not seen brock on special ....he is always trailing the pr guy ..which makes you think what role does he have to contribute to the team if we can get bigger and faster with a younger and cheaper player
I doubt Brock is going to go from nearly becoming the nickel corner to released in a few weeks.
Absolutely not, Brock has played great in preseason and people are just holding his past play against him. The amount of growth he has shown from last year to this year is promising, and we need to keep him since he is one of our few young CBs.

I love the potential of Cooper though, and would like to keep him as well. He has size/athleticism you can't teach and if we let one CB go, let it be Cox. And lets not forget, Brock is a solid STs contributor as well.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
yea. we know brock is poo. cooper would be cheaper too.

We know that because you are remembering him allowing that TD to Manningham? He has shown NOTHING in preseason to tell you he is poo. Brock has played very well and has been sticking opposing WRs like glue.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
We know that because you are remembering him allowing that TD to Manningham? He has shown NOTHING in preseason to tell you he is poo. Brock has played very well and has been sticking opposing WRs like glue.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone