There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Andy Lee unveiling the knuck?

Pretty sure it will be a situational kick. IE: we get stopped just out of Dawsons range so Lee has an opportunity to leave a high hanging flyer. Its really the only way a punter could knuckle ball it. Other wise they are sacrificing distance and hang time.
If it's taken him 3 years to figure out, what are the chances that other teams can even practice kicking it, let alone catch it.
I see a hashtag #knucklepunting in the future.

If they need practice muffing punts, KW is more than happy to help.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I hope he tries it at CAWK land in week two and it works... stymie those CAWKS !!
"it came down like a punt, coach..."

Can they do a Read option punt? Where kaepernick can hand it off to Andy lee to punt
The ball or kaepernick can fake it to run.
There's really no downside to it. If he can master the technique consistently it should result in several muffed punts. Doesn't matter if he shows it in a live game, the opponent won't know when or if he's using it (the only tip-off might be if it's around midfield but they still really won't know). It's fun to think about anyway.
I was able to do this when I played all the time. It was crazy watching it in the air. The problem is I had no clue on accuracy or distance. And often times just abandon trying to catch it. It is then a crapshoot on the bounce.

Our coach went with the guy who could get a consistent 40 yard spiral over my 25-50 yarder end-over-end wobblers.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
There's really no downside to it. If he can master the technique consistently it should result in several muffed punts. Doesn't matter if he shows it in a live game, the opponent won't know when or if he's using it (the only tip-off might be if it's around midfield but they still really won't know). It's fun to think about anyway.

The downside is a 15 yard punt when returners let it bounce and it comes back 20 yards.
If it moves like this then watch out!

With no spin on the ball in the wind a the stick it should do some crazy stuff. At least let our cover units get down there without any returns. It's great to have the best punter in the league. While others are trying to just get better Lee is working on changing the game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
regular punting is much to easy for him
Unleash The "KNUNT"

49ers ST = recovers record # of muffs ( ) this year
Well, if anyone could pull it off successfully it's be Lee.