There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN Predicts....

why get mad over these things, they are just darts thrown on the board...who saw the 2011 niners going 13-3? who saw rusell wilson emerging last year? there are just too many variables, such as injuries or break out teams and players, that are unknown to these prognosticators...and what do they know, peter king picked the rams the year they won 1 or 2 games and got the 1st rd pick
that said, the seahawks nuthuggers downplay the niners b/c of the crabtree inj yet they are losing harvin
I don't even think that missing Percy Harvin is the Seahawks' biggest problem. They don't have Irvin, Clemmons is not at 100%, Mebane and McDaniel have groin injuries and will miss the preseason final game and Bennett has an injured toe. Basically, they're going into those first five games with a very injured defensive front. If Clemons isn't ready to play by the time they play the Niners and without Irvins, how do they get to Kaepernick? If McDaniel and Bennett are also nursing injuries, how do they stop the Niners running game? And, before they play the Niners, they have to go back and play Cam Newton at 10:00 AM. 12-4??? Like I said before, I'll believe it when I see it.
I just read this on ESPN and chuckled when I saw Sando was the one who wrote it. ESPN is a joke, they let people who are fans of a team write about the rest of the division instead of getting an objective football expert. It used to piss me off, but now I just don't click on any of Sando's BS.

I LOVE that the Seahawks are favored and getting all the preseason h-jobs. Let them! Id rather read about how SB losers never make it back the following year since 19whatever. Those preseason hype men are the kiss of death. After I read the glowing report for the Seahawks on ESPN, which had more to say about the fans hype in the area and less to say about their actual team....( notice the homer slipped when he said HERE )

12-4
Never before in the history of Seattle sports franchises has any team entered a season with higher expectations. And no team ever has captured the heart of this city the way these Seattle Seahawks have. Every home game is sold out. The Seahawks even sold out every day of training camp for the maximum 2,500 spots available. TV ratings for the preseason games have more than doubled what the team had for regular-season games just two years ago. Anything less than a trip to the Super Bowl will be a disappointment to most of the rabid fans here. It's a lot to live up to for a young team still growing and learning how good it can be, especially its sensational second-year quarterback, Russell Wilson. In Russ We Trust. It's the hottest T-shirt in the Pacific Northwest. This team will go as far as Wilson takes it, and assuming he doesn't have a sophomore slump, that could be all the way. The Seahawks are the deepest team in the NFL, except at quarterback. Wilson is the key. This is his team now, and he has the ability and the character to take it to the top.

.......I went to an article on NFL.com and started to crack up when I read this

On the flip side, the Seattle Seahawks will take a step back. I saw this from Pete Carroll way too many times at USC; the Trojans played their best when expectations were low, but once they became a title contender, losses to Oregon State and Stanford always derailed them. Good news for Pete: Mike Riley is still at Oregon State. Bad news for Pete: Jim Harbaugh is still in San Francisco.

Oh Petey, I remember you VERY fondly when you were here in NY with the Jets, it's just a matter of time old friend. Keep eating up all the hype......
Yeah they are just trying to sell stories and get people worked up. Everyone seems to be picking Seattle though and I think it's funny. I will give Seattle credit if they get over the hump and win the division out right. Until then, they are just pretenders IMO. They keep making a bunch of noise with a 2nd place schedule. Last year they got all their hard games at home and even got a free-bie with the Green Bay game.

Can't wait to read about how much yoga meditation they will need after we go into their house and beat them in week 2.
Great fodder for our locker room.

Mike sando used to cover the Seahawks, is very pro Seahawks. ESPN in general has been slobbing their knob all offseason. Niners will crush them.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't even think that missing Percy Harvin is the Seahawks' biggest problem. They don't have Irvin, Clemmons is not at 100%, Mebane and McDaniel have groin injuries and will miss the preseason final game and Bennett has an injured toe. Basically, they're going into those first five games with a very injured defensive front. If Clemons isn't ready to play by the time they play the Niners and without Irvins, how do they get to Kaepernick? If McDaniel and Bennett are also nursing injuries, how do they stop the Niners running game? And, before they play the Niners, they have to go back and play Cam Newton at 10:00 AM. 12-4??? Like I said before, I'll believe it when I see it.

Avril hurt his hamstring as well. I agree. They think they are gonig to cruise to the super bowl. Its not that easy. But they wouldn't know seeing as they have 0 titles.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM ]

Yup, for having this COMPLETE roster, there sure are a lot of holes on the front 7. They lost their best pass rusher in Clemmons, they let Jason Jones walk, their new guy Avril is hurt and Irvin is suspended. On top of that they lost their best run stuffer Alan Branch. Add in losing Gus Bradley and I have a hunch Seattle may not be #1 in points allowed when the season ends, just a hunch.

Also, the Seahawks oline is solid, but not dominate, I think our new and improved ( healthy ) Dline will play a weeee bit different with fresh legs in week 2...again, just a hunch.

CANT WAIT FOR THIS SEASON TO START!!!!
I only know how to photoshop. Does anyone know how to alter GIF files?

I want to put the faces of 49er players on this whenever ESPN gives some time of partial prognostication

Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Yeah they are just trying to sell stories and get people worked up. Everyone seems to be picking Seattle though and I think it's funny. I will give Seattle credit if they get over the hump and win the division out right. Until then, they are just pretenders IMO. They keep making a bunch of noise with a 2nd place schedule. Last year they got all their hard games at home and even got a free-bie with the Green Bay game.

Can't wait to read about how much yoga meditation they will need after we go into their house and beat them in week 2.

Not only that, but lets remember, when RGIII's knee was still in one piece, they were getting their doors blown off in Washington. If RGIII stays upright the entire game, Washington wins that game easily.
Lol i just read the predictions for mvp opoy dpoy roty and coty so many people riding seattle dick you know there bound to fall flat on there face.
I think everyone picking seattle has more to do with how much the 49ers are hated than it does seattle being good. other than the last game they played us last season harbaugh has owned carrol. pete the cheats teams are inconsistant from year to year in the nfl. and it would be easy to argue that when they beat us 2 of 3 of the most important players on the team were playing with severe injurys. Im not saying the seahawks suck. but everyone is judging them off the second time they played us. It would no shock me if we steam roll them in week 2.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Avril hurt his hamstring as well. I agree. They think they are gonig to cruise to the super bowl. Its not that easy. But they wouldn't know seeing as they have 0 titles.

I forgot about Avril. Wow, those first five games for them are looking pretty scary. Three of them at 10:00 against the Panthers, Colts and Texans. And one of their home games is the Niners. I'm going to be falling out of my chair laughing if they start at 1-4 or 2-3. Of course, the NIners don't exactly have a walk in the park for their first five games. We'll see.

I forgot about Avril. Wow, those first five games for them are looking pretty scary. Three of them at 10:00 against the Panthers, Colts and Texans. And one of their home games is the Niners. I'm going to be falling out of my chair laughing if they start at 1-4 or 2-3. Of course, the NIners don't exactly have a walk in the park for their first five games. We'll see.

yeah, our first 5 games are pretty brutal

Packers
@Hawks
Colts
@Rams
Texans

With the way all the experts are saying the 9ers and Hawks are 1-2 in the league, I think the rest of the league would get a big laugh if we BOTH started 2-3.

Bottom line, we can throw hate at them all we want, but they are a super talented team and so are we. With the Rams and Cards improving, would it really surprise anyone if we all beat the crap out of each other to .500 records in the division? The NFC overall is going to be a bloodbath. Damn AFC is so soft.

Anthony Davis owns Avril anyway it's hilarious watching Davis toy with him. Only guy that gives problems is Red Bryant.
Originally posted by VDSF:

No wonder sports fans are fed up with The Worldwide Leader Of Sports Bias.