LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Jerry Rice the gun-slinger

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Should post JTaylor throwing the ball too. He was the emergency qb during one year.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

What's even more amazing is his reaction. Cold-blooded killer

I agree. The reaction provides a glimpse as to why he was the GOAT. Players need to act like they're going to do it again, rather than act like its the first play they've ever made.

Well said, my friend.
God damn that was awesome.
Originally posted by facestabber:
I miss everything about Jerry Rice. I made a comment the other day on here about acting like you've been there before and took a lot of flak. Apparently "swag" is more important now. I couldn't disagree more. For a team that lost a Super Bowl I would much rather see a mission oriented/take care of business approach

I remember watching this game fall apart and costing us homefield to the cowpukes.

good post man, I wish I would have seen you take crap for saying we need to act like we've been there before (guessing you were talking about Hawkins?) I couldn't agree more, swag is BS (origination, in England when being a gay man was frowned upon it stood for secretly we are gay, look it up)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
stupid ass almost fumbled

Should have let Jerry kick the extra point.

Speaking of old time memories ... Saw McCoy bouncing the ball on the sideline a la Steve Young
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by facestabber:
I miss everything about Jerry Rice. I made a comment the other day on here about acting like you've been there before and took a lot of flak. Apparently "swag" is more important now. I couldn't disagree more. For a team that lost a Super Bowl I would much rather see a mission oriented/take care of business approach

I remember watching this game fall apart and costing us homefield to the cowpukes.

good post man, I wish I would have seen you take crap for saying we need to act like we've been there before (guessing you were talking about Hawkins?) I couldn't agree more, swag is BS (origination, in England when being a gay man was frowned upon it stood for secretly we are gay, look it up)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figging
  • thl408
Didn't know where else to put this. Yesterday on local radio (95.7) Rice was on and made a comment about Calvin Johnson breaking his record. In my opinion, Jerry zinged Megatron pretty good. Regarding Johnson breaking Jerry's record for yardage, Jerry said that it's different how defenses play you when a game is not meaningful. He speaks the truth, but what I take away from it is that his pride is very much there and he does not like WRs touching his records. Can't wait to hear more from Jerry throughout the season. He seems like he's going to speak the truth and not have his homer glasses on.

http://media.957thegame.com/a/80472009/jerry-rice-makes-his-first-weekly-appearance-on-b-t.htm
4:25 mark
I remember that like it was yesterday. Jerry could sling it!
Originally posted by thl408:
Didn't know where else to put this. Yesterday on local radio (95.7) Rice was on and made a comment about Calvin Johnson breaking his record. In my opinion, Jerry zinged Megatron pretty good. Regarding Johnson breaking Jerry's record for yardage, Jerry said that it's different how defenses play you when a game is not meaningful. He speaks the truth, but what I take away from it is that his pride is very much there and he does not like WRs touching his records. Can't wait to hear more from Jerry throughout the season. He seems like he's going to speak the truth and not have his homer glasses on.

http://media.957thegame.com/a/80472009/jerry-rice-makes-his-first-weekly-appearance-on-b-t.htm
4:25 mark

Its also easier now with since the NFL has become pussified to protect QBs and WRs past 5 yards.

50 yards in the air and he didn't even have a perfect set.

That's why he is the GOAT. Ran the ball, threw the ball, and caught the ball.

Would've made an awesome FS...better version of Merton Hanks.
Brent Jones sighting, Vance McDonald could be as effective as Jones was.
  • DBSYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Anti-noodle arm
Whoa that brings it back. I saw this live with my father and after Jerrys reaction he pointed it out:
"You see how Jerry reacted after that play? Look at it. LOOK. That's how a champion plays football. No bragging just walks off the field like its any other play". Thanks for posting this I forgot all about it.
Beast
Share 49ersWebzone