There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners get 7th for Parys Haralson

Niners get 7th for Parys Haralson

Originally posted by Raul98:
My guess is a 3rd rounder but i'm hoping a 2nd rounder since there D is terrible. The trade bummed me out he was a beast this preseason i couldn't wait to see how he would do in the regular season. But with lemonier playing well i guess i can see why they had to do this.

  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,023
...raped naked dogs in a ditch...
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm guessing that means it could become a 6th?

No, we only get a 7th rounder IF he makes the team. So not guaranteed to get anything out of this even though Haralson is pretty much a lock to make the team.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm guessing that means it could become a 6th?

No, we only get a 7th rounder IF he makes the team. So not guaranteed to get anything out of this even though Haralson is pretty much a lock to make the team.

a seventh sucks but it was a salary cap move more than anything. getting boldin for a 6th was pretty much the same thing. and two high picks for alex.
Pretty terrible trade imo, but I guess they must've planned on cutting him otherwise.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,220
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
6th that could turn into a 5th depending on playing time for PH.

i hope this is it
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,023
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Michael Schottey @Schottey
The idea that Parys Haralson was expendable to the San Francisco 49ers should scare the absolute **** out of every other team in the NFC



Dont know who Schottey is other than he probably sat shotgun all his life... but Good... good (would post a meme but dont know how to do that on a Mac at the moment... wheres the f*ckin right click ugh)

a 7th is better than paying Haralson and cutting a youngster with future potential
Why does this suck? We were going to cut him anyways and go with the younger route.

People tend to overrated their own players all the time. What value did Haralson have? He is a back up that is coming off a injury so what did you expect? He's not a great pass rusher which pushes his value even lower even though he is good against the run.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,471
Report: Saints get Parys Haralson Updated: August 26, 2013, 10:44 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
Recommend79 Tweet33 Comments24 Email Print
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- A person with knowledge of the trade says the San Francisco 49ers have sent linebacker Parys Haralson to the New Orleans Saints, who are in desperate need at the position as a pair of would-be starters are sidelined with knee injuries.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity Monday night because neither team had announced the trade. It wasn't clear what compensation the 49ers would receive in return.

Haralson departed San Francisco team headquarters Monday night after saying his goodbyes before the team began a late practice, acknowledging that he had been traded while providing no further details other than, "I'm outta here."

Saints outside linebacker Will Smith will be sidelined for the season with a knee injury, he confirmed to ESPN's Ed Werder via text message. Victor Butler also is recovering from knee surgery that will sideline him most or all of the season.

The Mercury News first reported the trade was with New Orleans.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.



http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9603352/parys-haralson-says-traded-san-francisco-49ers

The Saints have a major need at OLB. Parys Haralson could well have been their best available option. It is hard to play the 3-4 without good outside linebackers.

Baalke is not an idiot. We get at least a 5th round pick? Maybe two picks over two years.
Originally posted by buck:
Report: Saints get Parys Haralson Updated: August 26, 2013, 10:44 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
Recommend79 Tweet33 Comments24 Email Print
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- A person with knowledge of the trade says the San Francisco 49ers have sent linebacker Parys Haralson to the New Orleans Saints, who are in desperate need at the position as a pair of would-be starters are sidelined with knee injuries.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity Monday night because neither team had announced the trade. It wasn't clear what compensation the 49ers would receive in return.

Haralson departed San Francisco team headquarters Monday night after saying his goodbyes before the team began a late practice, acknowledging that he had been traded while providing no further details other than, "I'm outta here."

Saints outside linebacker Will Smith will be sidelined for the season with a knee injury, he confirmed to ESPN's Ed Werder via text message. Victor Butler also is recovering from knee surgery that will sideline him most or all of the season.

The Mercury News first reported the trade was with New Orleans.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.



http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9603352/parys-haralson-says-traded-san-francisco-49ers

The Saints have a major need at OLB. Parys Haralson could well have been their best available option. It is hard to play the 3-4 without good outside linebackers.

Baalke is not an idiot. We get at least a 5th round pick? Maybe two picks over two years.


Sucks for Haralson, not having a Justin Smith or Ray McDonald to pave the way in New Orleans, but it's a paycheck so whatever, lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows26sCompensation for Parys Haralson is a conditional seventh-round pick in 2014, according to a league source.

I'm guessing that means it could become a 6th?


oh, wait!

Pierre Thomas so Whitner can knock him the F out in practice. But seriously, why the hell are we helping out the Saints anyway? Those Fers.
Originally posted by buck:
Report: Saints get Parys Haralson Updated: August 26, 2013, 10:44 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
Recommend79 Tweet33 Comments24 Email Print
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- A person with knowledge of the trade says the San Francisco 49ers have sent linebacker Parys Haralson to the New Orleans Saints, who are in desperate need at the position as a pair of would-be starters are sidelined with knee injuries.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity Monday night because neither team had announced the trade. It wasn't clear what compensation the 49ers would receive in return.

Haralson departed San Francisco team headquarters Monday night after saying his goodbyes before the team began a late practice, acknowledging that he had been traded while providing no further details other than, "I'm outta here."

Saints outside linebacker Will Smith will be sidelined for the season with a knee injury, he confirmed to ESPN's Ed Werder via text message. Victor Butler also is recovering from knee surgery that will sideline him most or all of the season.

The Mercury News first reported the trade was with New Orleans.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.



http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9603352/parys-haralson-says-traded-san-francisco-49ers

The Saints have a major need at OLB. Parys Haralson could well have been their best available option. It is hard to play the 3-4 without good outside linebackers.

Baalke is not an idiot. We get at least a 5th round pick? Maybe two picks over two years.

We got a 7th rounder for him and he didn't have much value to our team with the emergence of Lemonier.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Why does this suck? We were going to cut him anyways and go with the younger route.

People tend to overrated their own players all the time. What value did Haralson have? He is a back up that is coming off a injury so what did you expect? He's not a great pass rusher which pushes his value even lower even though he is good against the run.

To the greatest rushing OLB in the league. Its not like he's a back up to some scrub LBs on a 2-14 team.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home