There are 366 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners get 7th for Parys Haralson

Niners get 7th for Parys Haralson

5th would be fair. Higher than that would be like trading with the Chiefs.....
If we get a 5th or better than it's a wash. Wasn't he picked in the 5th?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
anything higher than a 7th would be a bonus.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
Originally posted by SJniner7:
If we get a 5th or better than it's a wash. Wasn't he picked in the 5th?

somewhere around there. 7 YEARS AGO. He's not exactly a bottle of wine.
a miley cyrus
Jim Everett
Originally posted by stunder49:
a miley cyrus

This, she would rush to the QB untouched... unless that ugly white girl rumor is true
If you were a GM would you trade moire than a 7th for a past-his-prime reserve who is about to be cut? I know Parys is a quality player, but the league only thought he was worth a 5th rounder 7 years ago when he had his whole future in front of him. Do you really think "desperation" is going to make them absurdly over-value him today? Would you really do that if you were a GM?!

Alex Smtih got a 2nd and 3rd (possible 2nd) because he plays a more valuable position and he is a serviceable starter with a reasonable contract who could conceivably play another 10 years. And they weren't going to be able to draft a better quality quarterback with those picks. So the comparison is not relevant.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
If we get a 5th or better than it's a wash. Wasn't he picked in the 5th?

Agreed. A 5th would be a great deal for us. I don't think its realistic to think we would get a 4th or better.
Michael Schottey @Schottey
The idea that Parys Haralson was expendable to the San Francisco 49ers should scare the absolute **** out of every other team in the NFC
6th at worst 4th at best
Originally posted by bret:
If you were a GM would you trade moire than a 7th for a past-his-prime reserve who is about to be cut? I know Parys is a quality player, but the league only thought he was worth a 5th rounder 7 years ago when he had his whole future in front of him. Do you really think "desperation" is going to make them absurdly over-value him today? Would you really do that if you were a GM?!

Alex Smtih got a 2nd and 3rd (possible 2nd) because he plays a more valuable position and he is a serviceable starter with a reasonable contract who could conceivably play another 10 years. And they weren't going to be able to draft a better quality quarterback with those picks. So the comparison is not relevant.

Nobody compared them, except you. LOL
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:


ha! After seeing this pick I went out and bought some KFC. Wasn't as good as it looked.
two goats in a pepper patch
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:


ha! After seeing this pick I went out and bought some KFC. Wasn't as good as it looked.

Your welcome!