LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Did anyone else see Dixon block McDonald on the Hampton TD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the truth. that is such a nice stable and whatever we get from ck is gravy. dixon is our best short yardage back I think, with no offense to miller and to ck who can just call across the line and pick up two yards

I honestly think Miller was brought on as a fb more for the reason of blocking then he was short yardage situations, hes actually caught more passes then rushing attempts, but he is a helluva blocker. I think Dixon is our short yardage FB and Miller is our rest of the downs FB.

Miller said his favorite play is the FB Dive.
Originally posted by boast:
Miller said his favorite play is the FB Dive.

Really cuz being an escape route receiver for the qbs has brought him much more success.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I honestly think Miller was brought on as a fb more for the reason of blocking then he was short yardage situations, hes actually caught more passes then rushing attempts, but he is a helluva blocker. I think Dixon is our short yardage FB and Miller is our rest of the downs FB.

yes,, of course you are right wolf,,, i just said that because the common perception of a fullback is a big guy who gets the tough one yard when we need to. miller does not fit that mold but who am I to quibble compared to all of the other good things, as you pointed , out he does. wow 7th round pick
Originally posted by mod:
I'm gonna be honest... I like Dixon more as a NFL runner and football player than James. James just doesnt impress me at this level. If this is truly a meritocracy I dont see how we cut Dixon in favor of James (if thats what it comes down too, we may keep both.)

If you read the lindy's draft guide it was spot on.

Dixon- bell cow rb that can be all three downs. run between tackles, block etc.

LMJ- 3rd down back, can be a KR/PR and catch the ball in space, cannot run between the tackles. The niners knew this. LMJ has to be used in the read option running to the outside or catching the call and as a KR/PR.
LOL. Yeah, neither Dixon or Tukuafu are any good at blocking and Dixon isn't much better at pass protection/blitz pickup either. He's trimmed down a lot as well and appears to be a better running back. But man, if Miller goes down, we're screwed. I really wanted a pur FB like Jason Scheplar but it's a tough number's game to not only make the 53 but be active on the 46.
Share 49ersWebzone