LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry about that, thanks guys. P.S. Now Baldwin has to do much better than Jenkins to make up for giving them Cooper and Hall. JK... Seems like they are really following us closely and we could see more trades in the future from the two teams.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

well if Cooper can't be a 49er, I am at least glad that he is a Chief...
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Anything to help them get 8-8 and get that 2nd instead of 3rd rounder. Might have to trade them some more guys for some equipment to help them out some more. JK.... they are smart to pick up Cooper. Think he played well enough to earn a roster spot and I would have went with 6 CBs and 4 S before losing Cooper and keeping Ventrone. He's worth developing not many guys with that size and speed.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
You value Ventrone over Tukuafu who can play both offense and defense.

While Tukuafu may be versatile, how effective would you say he is in each of those roles? He's high energy, but in my opinion is not a good DL and Marecic is probably a better lead blocker. Why bother keeping him after Dobbs is eligible to play? I'm curious why you think he adds value to the team.

Very effective as a back up D-lineman, good lead blocker in jumbo situations, how does Ventrone have more value?? Neither Carradine or Dial is healthy, then again they did keep Jerrod-Eddie who I'm pretty high on. D-lineman are far more important than Ventrone.

My opinion differs. Tukuafu rarely makes tackles at the line of scrimmage and was part of the reason the starting D-line had to play nearly every snap last season. Even Marecic, McDonald, Celek, or Dobbs could replace Tuku as a lead blocker. If he comes in and the 49ers run behind his blocking almost every time, how hard is it for the defense to figure out what's coming up?

Ventrone you need to watch on special teams before you can say he has less value. The blocker closest to Lee on punts yet he's also one of the first coverage guys to get downfield in the Chargers game. I can see why Seely wanted him.

I'll agree to disagree and let this topic go.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
You value Ventrone over Tukuafu who can play both offense and defense.

While Tukuafu may be versatile, how effective would you say he is in each of those roles? He's high energy, but in my opinion is not a good DL and Marecic is probably a better lead blocker. Why bother keeping him after Dobbs is eligible to play? I'm curious why you think he adds value to the team.

Very effective as a back up D-lineman, good lead blocker in jumbo situations, how does Ventrone have more value?? Neither Carradine or Dial is healthy, then again they did keep Jerrod-Eddie who I'm pretty high on. D-lineman are far more important than Ventrone.

My opinion differs. Tukuafu rarely makes tackles at the line of scrimmage and was part of the reason the starting D-line had to play nearly every snap last season. Even Marecic, McDonald, Celek, or Dobbs could replace Tuku as a lead blocker. If he comes in and the 49ers run behind his blocking almost every time, how hard is it for the defense to figure out what's coming up?

Ventrone you need to watch on special teams before you can say he has no value. The blocker closest to Lee on punts yet he's also one of the first coverage guys to get downfield in the Chargers game. I can see why Seely wanted him.
I'll agree to disagree and let this topic go.

We'll see if you let this topic go.

But just because hes in on Jumbo packages, still doesn't show if the offense will run or pass or know which way they'll go when they do run. D-line in a 3-4 rarely do make tackles unless your name is Vince Wilfork, their job is to control the gaps and free up LB's. And how can he be part of the reason the D-line had to play last season, you need to fill me in on that, because from what I seen last season he was rotated in.

As for Ventrone, 9ers have a lot of players capable to man the special teams, Ventrone isn't that special, I'd say Skuta and Spillman more than make up for special teams. Stupar and Wilhoite will most likely be on there too if one or both aren't gone. We will see what the decision comes to, no back up is safe at the moment.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"We will see what the decision comes to, no back up is safe at the moment."

Not even Patrick Omama could hide behind a Keap mask/in bathroom stall. FO will find you... "resistance is futile!!"
[ Edited by LVJay on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Morris is too short and Hawkins is too stupid.

Celek is a ST asset and his head is in the game at the high level.

Pretty much that simple.

In the future, I see Morris as a guy that would D the slot receiver.

But just because hes in on Jumbo packages, still doesn't show if the offense will run or pass or know which way they'll go when they do run. D-line in a 3-4 rarely do make tackles unless your name is Vince Wilfork, their job is to control the gaps and free up LB's. And how can he be part of the reason the D-line had to play last season, you need to fill me in on that, because from what I seen last season he was rotated in.

As for Ventrone, 9ers have a lot of players capable to man the special teams, Ventrone isn't that special, I'd say Skuta and Spillman more than make up for special teams. Stupar and Wilhoite will most likely be on there too if one or both aren't gone. We will see what the decision comes to, no back up is safe at the moment.

I am letting it go.
Tuk is worthless as a defender, his only value is jumbo package blocking
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

yeah, I liked him less this preseason than last.. I'd call it regression.

• kray28
  • Veteran

And the Jumbo package is a total POS to begin with.

Stupar wont be active week 1. It will be the 8 LBs, minus Stupar and Cam, plus Ventrone, Brock, Cox, maybe Tukuafu, McDonald, and others on STs.

yeah, I liked him less this preseason than last.. I'd call it regression.

Don't worry, Tuk will be the guy who's cut if the coaches prefer Dobbs on the team after his one-game suspension is served. And Dobbs himself may go if Carradine joins the team later in the season (albeit I expect the Niners will let him heal in time for the next OTAs and not push him to come back before he's completely healed and rehabbed).
Wow im kinda surprised teams were so hot to jump for Gray, Cooper etc, but the only guy that actually caught two tds made t through waivers and onto our practice squad.

True! My new second favorite team! I hope Minnesota doesn't feel jilted--but Tarkenton hasn't played there for a few years so perhaps it's time to move on!?
Share 49ersWebzone