Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by verb1der:
cc start using paragraphs plz? I like reading your posts but it hurts my eyes. Thank you!
i have tried but it does not take. i am sorry but a man has got to know his limitations

"Cool Hand Luke"
actually dirty harry in his second movie with the hit squad cops under Lt. briggs
We got 5 WRs right now and when Mario and then Crabs come back, will have to cut 2 of the current 6. Hawkins had 3 brilliant plays and 2 flags, stupid both, and in the end, he was less talented WR than those we have, but more important, this is a guy who can ruin a team with 1 or 2 stupid penalties, both self induced.
As I have said before, the risk did NOT equal the reward. Coach has enough to think about. He didn't need to be worrying when Hawkins would go off reservation again. Boldin, Kyle, Baldwin, Patton, Moore....just those 5 alone make Hawkins more liability than asset. Sure he had 3 sterling plays in two games, but he also had 2 stupid flags, one just 10 minutes after Coach lit into him. This is a great team, a classy team. To me , Hawkins is similar to Johnny Manziel...much more interested in himself and the spotlight than he was his team. End of story, and Coach cuts him. Good but not great, and definitely did not fit the 9er mold of guys like Gore, Kap, Vernon, Boldin, Iupati, Staley, Kyle, AD, Mario, Hunter, et al.

If it came down to Cam Johnson vs Hawkins( and it probably did or was close), I'd want Cam any day. Cool , confident, talented...and not a penalty machine who loves the spotlight. Hawkins didn't belong here... and his talent , while good, wasn't good enough.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
cc start using paragraphs plz? I like reading your posts but it hurts my eyes. Thank you!
i have tried but it does not take. i am sorry but a man has got to know his limitations

"Cool Hand Luke"
actually dirty harry in his second movie with the hit squad cops under Lt. briggs

You right. ...I. wong........"what I had their was a failure to communicate"
Have you been following Hawkins for a while, or are you basing you're judgement on the last couple games? There's a lot of reasons why a guy fighting for his professional career might lose his head and do silly stuff. Not justifying it, but not saying its necessarily classless either.

Also, I'm not sure that this squad is on the high horse for impeccable standards of behavior. We have our warts too. No need to discuss.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Have you been following Hawkins for a while, or are you basing you're judgement on the last couple games? There's a lot of reasons why a guy fighting for his professional career might lose his head and do silly stuff. Not justifying it, but not saying its necessarily classless either.

Also, I'm not sure that this squad is on the high horse for impeccable standards of behavior. We have our warts too. No need to discuss.

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Who gets cut when Dobbs comes back, Ventrone?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Tuku imo
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We got 5 WRs right now and when Mario and then Crabs come back, will have to cut 2 of the current 6. Hawkins had 3 brilliant plays and 2 flags, stupid both, and in the end, he was less talented WR than those we have, but more important, this is a guy who can ruin a team with 1 or 2 stupid penalties, both self induced.
As I have said before, the risk did NOT equal the reward. Coach has enough to think about. He didn't need to be worrying when Hawkins would go off reservation again. Boldin, Kyle, Baldwin, Patton, Moore....just those 5 alone make Hawkins more liability than asset. Sure he had 3 sterling plays in two games, but he also had 2 stupid flags, one just 10 minutes after Coach lit into him. This is a great team, a classy team. To me , Hawkins is similar to Johnny Manziel...much more interested in himself and the spotlight than he was his team. End of story, and Coach cuts him. Good but not great, and definitely did not fit the 9er mold of guys like Gore, Kap, Vernon, Boldin, Iupati, Staley, Kyle, AD, Mario, Hunter, et al.

If it came down to Cam Johnson vs Hawkins( and it probably did or was close), I'd want Cam any day. Cool , confident, talented...and not a penalty machine who loves the spotlight. Hawkins didn't belong here... and his talent , while good, wasn't good enough.
docs theory on hawkins is right on the money in my opinion. I think the coaches could see trouble coming down the road with him. you want the guys who fit best together in the locker room, the coaches know who they are and trust me,, those types of factors figure greatly into the decision making process. of course doc is right about cam. we saw the glaring need in that area and due to his development as well as dan s and the lemon man they determined a need for a linebacker in a area of need was more important than a want for a wide out in a area where I believe we are good in already. had people like moore not stepped to the forefront in pre season, then we are having a different conversation but he did and are are not
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

i base it on what he did in a niner uniform and to me, his small body of work and the red flags with his penalties does not justify him having a job over people like cam johnson, dixon., moore etc etc who did well all pre season .
Originally posted by natrone06:
Rascals never been one to let stats get in the way of obsessive opinions but for other people in the thread.

Kyle Williams - 21 Kick returns for 539 yards = 25.6
Hawkins - 14 returns for 335 yards =23.9

Ah I see, did you forget to add the 2 fumbles in the NFC game for Williams too ? Obessive opnions, really ? LMAO.
agree. I think the coaches already have a backup plan in case the kid flops,. with one or two exceptions(linebacker depth last year is the one i think of) this regime usually has a sound plan for what they are doing and a solid plan b because they know that if you stand still, you lose ground and that is how you lose your job. by the way gore,, my daughter is looking for a team name for her fantasy football league and I suggested gore21 because it is a nice name and a nice salute to a wonderful player. if you have a copyright on this or if there is some reason she should not do this, let me know. I do not play fantasy football nor do i know the rules. I am a 1974 mattell talking football person, which was awesome along with pivot pool back then

Damn, knew I should have copyrighted my username. Actually I'm Gore_21 so as long as you don't use an underscore I won't sue. I don't know I'd hit these guys up they can probably come up with some creative names. Funny thing is I actually played fantasy football only one year back in 2006... never played it again and I named my team STOP GORE. I had seen Gore on NFLN and he had a big bronze or gold medallion that was a stop sign shape and in the middle it said Gore. Stop Gore like a challenge.... like try and stop gore... good luck. I remember loving the way he ran in 2005 as a rookie so that's why I changed my name to Gore_21 before the 2006 season. I also picked up Gore who was undrafted and he got me 1695 yards that season. Haven't played since, got too caught up in it. I know you said your daughters are die hards but too many casual fans that can only think in terms of fantasy points. Like Fitz got me 99 yards instead of 100 the guys sucks... Peterson got me 15 points I needed 16 points to win, what a loser... s**t bugs the crap out of me.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by Garcia:

Tuku imo

You value Ventrone over Tukuafu who can play both offense and defense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Ah I see, did you forget to add the 2 fumbles in the NFC game for Williams too ? Obessive opnions, really ? LMAO.

those things mean zero when it comes to deciding who stays and who goes in 2013. if ysome choose not to believe that, feel free to crash a JH press conference and ask him if two fumbles in a playoff game two years ago factors in a decision to keep kyle williams. let me know what happens or actually i will tune into the highlights on tv
Hawkins lovers take note ...
Hawkins is in his 6th year in the NFL. 6th, not 1st.
Hawkins has exactly 0 career punt returns. 0. Never done it. He's not going to get the job for a SB hopeful with no history and no practice.
Hawkins has 14 career kick returns (0 TD) in the NFL in 3 games over 5 years. Did all of his previous coaches miss his obvious game breaking ability?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Damn, knew I should have copyrighted my username. Actually I'm Gore_21 so as long as you don't use an underscore I won't sue. I don't know I'd hit these guys up they can probably come up with some creative names. Funny thing is I actually played fantasy football only one year back in 2006... never played it again and I named my team STOP GORE. I had seen Gore on NFLN and he had a big bronze or gold medallion that was a stop sign shape and in the middle it said Gore. Stop Gore like a challenge.... like try and stop gore... good luck. I remember loving the way he ran in 2005 as a rookie so that's why I changed my name to Gore_21 before the 2006 season. I also picked up Gore who was undrafted and he got me 1695 yards that season. Haven't played since, got too caught up in it. I know you said your daughters are die hards but too many casual fans that can only think in terms of fantasy points. Like Fitz got me 99 yards instead of 100 the guys sucks... Peterson got me 15 points I needed 16 points to win, what a loser... s**t bugs the crap out of me.
thank you. actually when the youngest amanda started playing in her freshman year in college, she hooked up in a league with guys who of course did not think a short little 18 year old knew anything about football. she owned the league and made alot of money , in her second year she got in a different league with guys who thought the same thing. same results she mopped up. i know it sounds odd in a large campus like UNI in iowa but word got around and she never was able to play again in her jr and sr year!! now that she is 26 and out of school, she plays again and wins again
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home