There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dondadda808:
I seen Chris Harper was cut by the Seahawks. Really like that guy any room for him on our team. Don't wanna see him go the the Seahawks practice squad

very surprised he couldn't win a spot. he has good qualities. suddenness and good separation may not be his strong points, but i thought he had some ability to develop into a boldin-like guy. i have a hard time seeing how he's worse than jon baldwin.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Surprised that Morris Hawkins Cooper were waived while Tukuafu, J-E, Looney, stayed. Morris and Hawkins will be claimed. Isn't the idea to waive people who won't get attention. Not sure why Celek made it. I see him getting zero time if Davis and McDonald stay healthy.

Why do we cut elite speed and some ball in the air playmaking for mediocre size up front? Don't get that. Did we cut the most reliable long snapper in the league for 500K? That's bubkes.

Morris is too short and Hawkins is too stupid.

Celek is a ST asset and his head is in the game at the high level.

Pretty much that simple.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I hope cutting Jennings doesn't backfire. He was automatic.

This!!!
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Surprised that Morris Hawkins Cooper were waived while Tukuafu, J-E, Looney, stayed. Morris and Hawkins will be claimed. Isn't the idea to waive people who won't get attention. Not sure why Celek made it. I see him getting zero time if Davis and McDonald stay healthy.

Why do we cut elite speed and some ball in the air playmaking for mediocre size up front? Don't get that. Did we cut the most reliable long snapper in the league for 500K? That's bubkes.

Morris is too short and Hawkins is too stupid.

Celek is a ST asset and his head is in the game at the high level.

Pretty much that simple.

I think Looney made it based on no other good OL available. The rest on 90 man were junk. Wiggins, Netter, Bykowski all played bad. Maybe we see a vet come in. But I think they like Looney and all 8 guys.

Celek is a ST asset. Also a good blocker. I liked Gray more though, Hoping he akes it thru waivers.

Morris and Cooper I hope so too. Want them on the P-Squad.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by Dondadda808:
I seen Chris Harper was cut by the Seahawks. Really like that guy any room for him on our team. Don't wanna see him go the the Seahawks practice squad

very surprised he couldn't win a spot. he has good qualities. suddenness and good separation may not be his strong points, but i thought he had some ability to develop into a boldin-like guy. i have a hard time seeing how he's worse than jon baldwin.

seahawks straight up wasted a 4th this year. im sure some WR-needy team will sign. Did he have any positive plays this preseason...don't really remember hearing his name at all in the last 4 weeks.
Also Hawkins could still come back, if they feel they need a better returner, he wouldn't have a guaranteed base after week 1. So I also doubt he gets claimed. Teams won't pay the vets on the middle bubble a guaranteed salary. If Hawkins couldn't crack the 49ers WR core, he wont crack someone else's.
In his defense Hawkins has the ability to be a game breaker every week but he is acting so dang stupid. Its why he got cut. No room for immature stupidity on a championship team.

He needs to wake up and grow up before the 9ers will let him play.

I want Jenkins back first. Man that one hurt, like in a little emotional about it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scoots:
I didn't say Gore would be cut or even that I want him to be, just that there is absolutely no guarantee he makes it 2 more years with the 49ers. Look at LaDanian ... he turned 30 got 730 yards and a 3.3 ypc average and the next year he was gone. The year before I'm sure people were saying "No way they cut LT man, NO WAY" ... and then ... they did. LT is a hall of fame back who hadn't had 2 ACL tears and he fell apart at 30, and yes he had more carries than Frank, but Franks body isn't young. Assuming Frank isn't going to regress is NOT the way to bet.

I do not think anybody has made that bet. The team has made a clear effort to prepare for what is going to come.

The presence of Hunter, James, and Lattimore are a clear indication that team understands there are no guarantees.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM ]
Originally posted by xcfan:

Um......he couldn't hold on to passes worth a damn, dude was dropping damn near everything.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
seahawks straight up wasted a 4th this year. im sure some WR-needy team will sign. Did he have any positive plays this preseason...don't really remember hearing his name at all in the last 4 weeks.

-Lazy
-Couldn't catch the ball worth a damn
-Ran sloppy routes

Seahawks fans really soured on the guy, seems like a bad pick overall.
In his defense Hawkins has the ability to be a game breaker every week but he is acting so dang stupid. Its why he got cut. No room for immature stupidity on a championship team.

I want Jenkins back first. Man that one hurt, like in a little emotional about it.

Jenkins ?! You are kidding right ? We were so lucky to have got a trade out of him while getting rid of him.

Hawkins has to be the top priorty !!
Originally posted by buck:
I do not think anybody has made that bet. The team has made a clear effort to prepare for what is going to come.

The presence of Hunter, James, and Lattimore are a clear indication that team understands there are no guarantees.

Lol you are all about the smilies
  • buck
  • Veteran

Hawkins has been in the league for around 5 years. Up to this point he has NOT shown the ability to be a game breaker every week.

I believe Lattimore will will be the steal of the draft!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Lol you are all about the smilies

Sorry.