There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

why do we keep Celek?

I think the Dolphins will grab Gray.
Ventrone is out if we sign Owen.
A lot of place holders for injured players. Manningham, Wright, Carradine, Crabtree, maybe Dial, and possibly but doubtful Lattimore.
Originally posted by susweel:
stupar and vrntrone are a waste of roster space

Bubba noooooooooo!
So who will get cut when we add Owen?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Can we get a roster update please!! With positional breakdown!!

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/08/49ers-trim-11-players-roster-at-53-players.html#more

Thank you!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Can we get a roster update please!! With positional breakdown!!

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/08/49ers-trim-11-players-roster-at-53-players.html#more

Those remaining backup OL are downright scary. Kilgore might be the best of them and he's still not quite ready.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
why do we keep Celek?

Gray seems like a safe PS candidate. UDFA switching from QB/WR to TE. He needs development and a team would have to give up a roster spot for a project.
I would say these have been te most predictable cuts I remember the last few seasons. Can't really be upset about any of them.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
So the cut block from Looney didn't get him cut??

baalke holding on to him to justify an awful 2012 draft

We need some nasty dirty players. a la Kevin Gogan!
Originally posted by 5280High:
why do we keep Celek?

Gray seems like a safe PS candidate. UDFA switching from QB/WR to TE. He needs development and a team would have to give up a roster spot for a project.

Yes!!
Originally posted by 5280High:
why do we keep Celek?

The Bills might claim him and declare him as their starting QB for next week.
  • kush
  • Veteran
why do we keep Celek?

Celek must be a much better blocker for them to make this move.
Originally posted by Ice49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wait, so Tony Jerod-Eddie, Will Tukuafu, Nathan Stupar and Raymond Ventrone made the team?

Not so fast. One of them will be cut when the 49ers sign Marecic. My guess is Stupar.

Yeah, as always, we can expect a few surprises with the 53. And you're right...still a fluid situation here. Overall, my 53 was pretty good and I got most of the cuts rights but you just can't account for Marecic and 5 ILB-OLB scenarios and some of the aforementioned making the team (esp. someone like Ventrone who adds nothing at a position other than ST and who hasn't played all pre season); hard to justify some of these moves given the guys we did see and develop. And I fully expect our PS to get raped any second now but we'll see.
Someone make the "guess the psquad" thread!