LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
per Matt Barrows:

The rest of the 49ers' cuts: Chuck Jacobs, Jewel Hampton, Joe Holland, Mike Purcell, Kenny Wiggins, MarQueis Gray

sounds about right. We seem to have kept the best 53. We don't know if we make additional moves at this point but as of right now we have a good team and the defense and special teams should be much improved from last year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
per Matt Barrows:

The rest of the 49ers' cuts: Chuck Jacobs, Jewel Hampton, Joe Holland, Mike Purcell, Kenny Wiggins, MarQueis Gray

That should do it. Thanks everyone for playing. I'm grabbing me something to eat.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
stupar and vrntrone are a waste of roster space
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN19s
MarQueis Gray, Jewel Hampton, Joe Holland, Chuck Jacobs and Mike Purcell also released by 49ers

Sucks for Hampton. Blame Marecic.

Agreed! But if he goes back to the PS, he could get called up again like last year.
Originally posted by susweel:

Stupar had some good plays in preseason.
Originally posted by susweel:

Forgot about Ventrone. I agree he hasn't proven to be of any value yet.
So the cut block from Looney didn't get him cut??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Sucks for Hampton. Blame Marecic.

Hampton is a large RB while Marecic is a swiss army knife. Versatility likely hurt Hampton's value. Could still see him on the PS though.
Wait, so Tony Jerod-Eddie, Will Tukuafu, Nathan Stupar and Raymond Ventrone made the team?
Originally posted by xcfan:
come to the 49ers, antoine winfield....

He just announced his retirement.

This team wants a very even trifecta of all 3 phases
Predicted Stupar would make the team!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wait, so Tony Jerod-Eddie, Will Tukuafu, Nathan Stupar and Raymond Ventrone made the team?

Likely one of those will be cut if/when maricec passes his physical
Originally posted by NCommand:

I believe so. Only one that surprises me is that we kept both Jerod-Eddie and Tukuafu. I guess one will be cut after Dobbs serves his suspension.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
The 49ers roster now stands at 53 players.

The following 21 players have been released:

T Carter Bykowski WR Austin Collie CB Marcus Cooper TE MarQueis Gray WR Chad Hall RB Jewel Hampton WR Lavelle Hawkins LB Joe Holland WR Chuck Jacobs LS Brian Jennings LB Travis Johnson CB Darryl Morris G Patrick Omameh WR Kassim Osgood NT Mike Purcell S Trenton Robinson FB Jason Schepler S Michael Thomas G Wayne Tribue QB Seneca Wallace T Kenny Wiggins

Hmm, that also means ex-Raider LB Stupar also survived.
So after week 1 dobbs comes back and Tukuafu/TJE will be gone

Also, Stupar played well last 3 games but 5 ILB kind of a waste. Probably for ST like ventrone. We really loaded up on ST.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone