LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone worried about Tolzien being picked up by a division rival where they'll try to obtain from him knowledge about our playbook? He's been in our system for quite awhile and obviously knows a lot...I wonder if there's some unwritten players' etiquette in this situation where he won't divulge anything that's not public knowledge? Or, is it "game on" for any team that picks him up that wants to know more about the 49ers system/scheme?
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Anyone worried about Tolzien being picked up by a division rival where they'll try to obtain from him knowledge about our playbook? He's been in our system for quite awhile and obviously knows a lot...I wonder if there's some unwritten players' etiquette in this situation where he won't divulge anything that's not public knowledge? Or, is it "game on" for any team that picks him up that wants to know more about the 49ers system/scheme?

was juuuust thinking this.
The cuts this year are really going to reflect just how well Baalke-Harbaugh have drafted over the past 2-3 seasons. Yeah, I know, everyone is going to point to AJ as a bust. And he clearly was. But the Baalke-Harbaugh tandem has swung and connected on far more than they have missed.

You'll notice this when you see the linebacker cuts. We are REALLY deep at both linebacking positions. It will show when the final cuts are made.

Bill Walsh ALWAYS made surprising cuts. Year, after year, after year, he ALWAYS cut a known player or two. He had too. He drafted too well, and had to keep the team fresh.
Originally posted by susweel:
we are so gonna suck this year. 2 years we had Tolzien and were good and now no Tolzien. its over fellas

4-12 here we come

We're obviously trying to go "Downey for Clowney."
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The cuts this year are really going to reflect just how well Baalke-Harbaugh have drafted over the past 2-3 seasons. Yeah, I know, everyone is going to point to AJ as a bust. And he clearly was. But the Baalke-Harbaugh tandem has swung and connected on far more than they have missed.

You'll notice this when you see the linebacker cuts. We are REALLY deep at both linebacking positions. It will show when the final cuts are made.

Bill Walsh ALWAYS made surprising cuts. Year, after year, after year, he ALWAYS cut a known player or two. He had too. He drafted too well, and had to keep the team fresh.

Agreed our depth is pretty impressive. You will see 31 other teams really taking a long look at the players we let go.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
colt needs to get cut or traded

Or kept.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers waive QB Scott Tolzien.

OMG.
Where is your god now?

Cursify him!
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I remember Steve Young saying that Bill Walsh would always cut a player one or two years before they are truly unable to play at the same level. He would meet with them and tell them "you may not think that you're done, but you're done."

Originally posted by mod:
God DAMMIT

Don't you mean "Tolzien DAMMIT?"
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Where is your god now?

Cursify him!

Why has't thou forsaken us?
Originally posted by English:

Or kept.

From what I read from Saints fans he was struggling with them. We probably aren't getting the Wallace from Seattle. Wallace should get a lot of time in game 4 but even then will be hard to decide. I don't think we need to be getting rid of Colt just to get rid of him. There are a lot worse backups and I don't think I would throw Daniels into a regular game just yet. That being said we only gave up a mid 7th if you work out the 10ish spots we traded down in the 5th to 6th plus the late 7th. If someone offers us something like a 5th, maybe 6th might not be able to pass it up if they are that up in the air on him. I think he's safe for now.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
can everyone STFU about how great this tolzien dude is now?
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

I don't understand how there isn't some kind of non-disclosure agreement where players aren't allowed to discuss another team's playbook once they get signed to another team. I suppose it would be difficult to enforce, but there should be some protection in place like any business that deals with concepts.
Share 49ersWebzone