LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Auction today, Cuts tomorrow.
That line that Daniels had sucked donkeys!

Half of that line, if not all, should be cut.
We definitely need backup OT that can play.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Dude, come on.

LMJ averaged 4.6 ypc in the regular season last year and 5.9 ypc in the postseason. Did you really suggest that Jewel Hampton is a better runner than he is?

LMJ has struggled in the preseason running behind our 2nd and 3rd team OL vs. 1st and 2nd team DLs. Don't sweat it. We've seen what he can do in real games.

Thanks for the stats. I had the impression LMJ had been doing better than some posters seemed to be implying. His juking probably does make him somewhat more vulnerable to fumbling than other backs and he needs to improve his pass blocking, but overall he gets pretty good yardage when he carries the ball.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Thanks for the stats. I had the impression LMJ had been doing better than some posters seemed to be implying. His juking probably does make him somewhat more vulnerable to fumbling than other backs and he needs to improve his pass blocking, but overall he gets pretty good yardage when he carries the ball.

Yep, he stepped up for us when Hunter went down, and he's shown great burst and ability. If his ball security improves and with a full season of opportunities in the return game, he's going to become very valuable.
Originally posted by robniner:
That line that Daniels had sucked donkeys!

Half of that line, if not all, should be cut.

I was thinking about that. We normally keep a lot of O linemen. But this year, with some many other bubble players I'd like us to keep (Hawkins, Cam, BJ, Cox, Brock, Skupar, etc.) I hope we go more minimal with the OL. I don't want to lose a good player just to keep Omameh.

I say we cut the OL down and try to keep any of them we kinda like on the practice squad.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yes.
Originally posted by English:

Yes.

Alex Boone is. And you shift somebody else to Guard like Snyder. Boone kicks out to Tackle in case of injuries.
Originally posted by buck:
Auction today, Cuts tomorrow.

Wouldn't that be great to get something for someone we planned on cutting. Could also trade for a vet OL. Probably won't happen though.

Ok so I think we are at 73 with Wallace meaning need 20.

And to start with I'll throw out the most likely to get cut:
Omameh, Holland, Tribue, Schepler, Bykowski (PS), Hampton (PS), Hall, Collie, Osgood, T. Johnson, Purcell, Divens, Ventrone, Wiggins, Stupar (tough cut)

That's 15...

Last 5:
McDermott or Jennings (1 Cut)
Hawkins or Jacobs or Both (1 or 2 cuts)
Cooper or Morris or Both (1 or 2 cuts)
Tukuafu or Jerod-Eddie or neither (0 or 1 cut)
Thomas or Robinson or both or neither (0 or 1 or 2 cuts)
Celek or Gray (0 or 1 cut)
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yes.

Alex Boone is. And you shift somebody else to Guard like Snyder. Boone kicks out to Tackle in case of injuries.

I said the exact same thing. But I think I read somewhere that Snyder would be the first to back up OT.

Cut Looney and sign a true OT IMO.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yes.

I said the exact same thing. But I think I read somewhere that Snyder would be the first to back up OT.

Cut Looney and sign a true OT IMO.

That's crazy stuff if we put him in as the first OT backup. Snyder is OT only in emergencies. LOL. OG ok. OT emergencies only for Snyder at least.

Yes.

we need Boone at RG. Snyder is so-so
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Yes.

we need Boone at RG. Snyder is so-so

Not if there is an injury at Tackle. Boone is the better Tackle. Play him there and shift somebody else to Guard.
I think putting Boone at T and having Kilgore or Snyder at RG is a much better option than having Boone at RG and Snyder at LT or RT. Could depend on who we are playing though. Is the DT lined up against Kilgore or Snyder better than the DE that would be lined up against Snyder at LT or RT? If the DT isn't good and the DE is elite then maybe go with Kilgore or Snyder at RG and Boone at T. If the DT is a great and the DE isn't very good then maybe leave Boone at RG and put Snyder at T.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone