• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

RT @Eric_Edholm: Breaking: #Browns have claimed P Colton Schmidt, whom the #49ers cut yesterday.

And it has begun...

Smart move, guy has a huge leg and he can kick off which is a bonus if your Kicker has a weak leg. Also, he has some wheels and 2 potential TD saving tackles in 2 games shows he's not afraid to tackle if he's the last line of defense.

I was hoping we were gonna be able to stash this guy and the long snapper on our practice squad.

This guy has one strong leg and that punt in the Denver game was almost a safety when Lockette made that flying tackle. Talking of kickers/punters, Havard Rugland has been cut by Detroit as well. I really wonder what has he got, or may be he is not living up to his youtube clip ?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
that lil woman (carroll) privately trying to butter up Tolzien
I just looked at my worksheet in excel, and I have 60 players making the team, that I feel are locks, between 53, IR, PUP and NFI.

The 60 equal $118,869,506 to be exact.
Dead Money right now is $1,839,658 to be exact.
Our Total Cap we can spend is $126,277,319 with all the credits from Alex Smith's incentives he never achieved, and Akers, plus the cap room gained from the lockout violations of Dallas and Washington.

The 60 players are with Salary.

V.Davis - $8,739,916
C.Rogers - $7,344,531 ($1.25M guaranteed on April 1 2013)
Gore - $6.45 million
Boldin- $6 million
Crabtree - $5.774 million
Brooks - $5.05 million ($2.7M base guaranteed april 1 2013 assumed)
Whitner - $4,933,334
A.Davis - $4,246,666 ($880K base assumed guaranteed)
Lee - $4.075 million
Aldon - $3,922,909 (All guaranteed)
J.Smith - $3,276,666 ($940K base is guaranteed)
Goodwin - $3,166,668 ($1M is guaranteed)Bowman - $3,105,562 ($630K base guaranteed)
Staley - $2.8M
Manningham - $2.8M ($1.25M guaranteed for injury only)
Iupati - $2,629,500
R.McDonald - $2,561,714 ($715K base assumed guaranteed)
Willis - $2,386,750 ($715K base assumed guaranteed)
Dawson- $2.35M
Dorsey - $2,207,500
Boone - $1.94M
Brown - $1,832,314
Nnamdi - $1.775M (Gains $225K for making 53 man roster, additional roster and incentive in deal)
Spillman - $1,558,333
Reid - $1,541,955 (All Guaranteed)
McCoy - $1.5M ($630K base, $870K roster bonus, per game)
Dahl - $1,433,333
Kap - $1,397,535
Skuta - $1.35M
Brock - $1.323M
Jennings - $1.161M
Snyder - $1.15M
Baldwin - $1,061,500 (Guaranteed, 2014 isn't)
Carradine - $899,578
I.Williams - $888,333
James - $754,109
Wright - $715,001
Culliver - $704,719
Hunter - $664,805
Dixon - $660,150
V.McDonald - $654,396
K.Williams - $649,839
McBath - $630K
Moore - $630K
Kilgore- $595,075
Miller - $570,612
Cox- $555K
Divens - $555K
Lemonier - $540,880
Fleming - $521K
Patton - $502,875
Lattimore - $480,146
Wilhoite - $480K
Dial - $450,413
Moody - $431,918
Daniels - $416,628
Debniak - $406,666
Marquardt - $406,666
Okoye - $406K
Carswell - $405K

Also gain cap room for split contract, $351K(Carswell, Debniak, and Okoye)

So we have the following:

46 Active
5 on NFI
2 on PUP
7 on IR

This leaves 7 spots for the 53 man. Plus a PS, which will be $96,900 per player, or $775,200.

I'll try and get this more clear in an article on NCH tomorrow.

Players left, with salaries.

Osgood - $940K
Ventrone - $880K
Wallace - $840k
Collie - $715K
Hawkins - $715K
Looney - $586,250 (I didn't put Looney as a lock, even though he will likely make it as 8th OL, but we could do better)
Dobbs - $559,168
Tukuafu - $555K
Hall - $555K
Robinson - $507,625
Celek - $482K
Hampton - $481,666
Bykowski - $416,474
Cooper - $416,474
Morris - $407,666
McDermott - $406,666
Gray - $406,333
Purcell - $406K
Omameh - $406K
Jacobs - $405K
Jerod-Eddie - $405K
Holland - $405K
Schepler - $405K
Thomas - $405K
Stupar - $405K
T.Johnson - $405K
C.Johnson - $405K
Tribue - $405K
Wiggins - $405K

Note- If on roster, and have 4 seasons accrued, basically entering 5th or more season, his salary is guaranteed, base wise for the season.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We didn't cut anybody. LOL. We just put everybody on Injured Reserve / PUP lists. We must have the longest list of Injured Reserve / PUP in the NFL. Harbaugh must want a farm team. A developmental team. He wants more roster slots like in college.

lol. 5 on NFI, 2 on PUP, 7 on IR, and a soon to be 53 man and 8 man P-Squad.

At some point we got to make some real cuts. But it looks like Harbaugh doesn't want to do that right now. The plus side is we keep and develop a lot of players. The downside is we got a lot of injured guys this early in the year.

To get to 53 there is simply no way they can avoid cuts anymore though. They gotta do some after this next game.

True, and I am sure they know who they are gonna cut for the most part. The backup OL, backups at WR like Jacobs. Interesting will be Safety, do we keep a 5th, like Robinson or Ventrone. Is it worth it, the 5th S likely wont be active.

Do we go 6 WR or 5 WR and 4 TE? Can't wait for Thursday night, College at 7 and 9, 49ers at 10 est on NFLN.

The real movement will be after this next game. It should be interesting. I know Omameh is one of the cuts....

That guy is horrible. Haven't seen a niner on the O-Line that bad since Rachal
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Okoye is a waste of time.
So we have the following:

46 Active
5 on NFI
2 on PUP
7 on IR

This leaves 7 spots for the 53 man. Plus a PS, which will be $96,900 per player, or $775,200.

I'll try and get this more clear in an article on NCH tomorrow.

Players left, with salaries.

Osgood - $940K
Ventrone - $880K
Collie - $715K
Hawkins - $715K
Looney - $586,250 (I didn't put Looney as a lock, even though he will likely make it as 8th OL, but we could do better)
Dobbs - $559,168
Tukuafu - $555K
Hall - $555K
Robinson - $507,625
Celek - $482K
Hampton - $481,666
Cooper - $416,474
Morris - $407,666
McDermott - $406,666
Gray - $406,333
Jerod-Eddie - $405K
C.Johnson - $405K

Nice work as always AB. IMHO, these are the only guys above with "any" chance; some much more than others:

Guys below "could" be considered in real talks of releases d/t financial considerations and younger developed/ing players behind them: some much more likely than others:
C.Rogers - $7,344,531 ($1.25M guaranteed on April 1 2013) - the I'll-only-play-hard guy after he gets burned (Nnadmi and Cox could push hard here); then we have Wright who could be back after week 6 and don't forget about Cooper/Morris.
Whitner - $4,933,334 - the guy still can't cover at all and appears even slower now (esp. next to Reid). Could Dahl push him off now that Reid has developed?
Goodwin - $3,166,668 ($1M is guaranteed) - Kilgore got most of the 1-reps all off season and pre season games until game 3. Could be closer than we think
Brock - $1.323MJennings - $1.161M - Baalke has been very pleased with his two guys in Marcus Cooper and Darryl Morris (great gunner on ST). Is Brock worth it?
James - $754,109 - nobody talks about this but Hampton has been the better Gore-like runner this pre season and James adds nothing to the return game and Hunter is back!
Wright - $715,001 - just showed up to camp and is already PUP and nobody knows the "personal issues" he's facing
K.Williams - $649,839 - highly doubtful but remember, Manningham comes back in week 7
McBath - $630K - think he was already released
Divens - $555K - already on I.R. with a fake injury to stash on the PS
Fleming - $521K - think he was already released
Dial - $450,413 - could Okoye end up being a better project?
Debniak - $406,666 - think he was already released
Marquardt - $406,666 - alreay on the PUP
Okoye - $406K - already on I.R. with a fake injury to stash on the PS
Carswell - $405K - think he was already released
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM ]
NC, only thing I might comment on is your evaluation of LMJ, who, I believe should be playing Sproles like, ie getting the ball to him in space. As a RB, he can do it, but he is just way better suited as a back who is the release valve for Kap. Why Coach hasn't used him that way puzzles me, in that when he was drafted, I was sure that was the way he would be used. Instead, this little guy(based on big guy NFL DLs and LBs) is running between tackles, which makes no sense to me. None. IF they don't use him in that fashion, then I would agree with you re: LMJ.

AB, man it sure makes things understandable when you lay it all out like that. It makes decisions way more understandable, and makes it easier to understand what may be coming. Thanks again, my friend , for making the not understandable... pretty darn easy. Also I am well aware of how much work this entails, and on behalf of everyone else, many thanks for your efforts.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
NC, only thing I might comment on is your evaluation of LMJ, who, I believe should be playing Sproles like, ie getting the ball to him in space. As a RB, he can do it, but he is just way better suited as a back who is the release valve for Kap. Why Coach hasn't used him that way puzzles me, in that when he was drafted, I was sure that was the way he would be used. Instead, this little guy(based on big guy NFL DLs and LBs) is running between tackles, which makes no sense to me. None. IF they don't use him in that fashion, then I would agree with you re: LMJ.

AB, man it sure makes things understandable when you lay it all out like that. It makes decisions way more understandable, and makes it easier to understand what may be coming. Thanks again, my friend , for making the not understandable... pretty darn easy. Also I am well aware of how much work this entails, and on behalf of everyone else, many thanks for your efforts.

No problem Doc.

Here is a link to a mock outlook, dont pay attention to the -9M, we can clear 14M with cuts.

http://ninercaphell.com/mock-salaries/
@NCommand:

LaMichael James has only really played in about five games. I'm pretty sure they're going to explore his value as a Sproles-like change of pace before they consider letting him walk.

And, I don't think K Williams is going anywhere unless Manningham shows that he can withstand the punishment without getting injured.
Can anyone post who got cut exactly. Doesn't even say in the original post

I hated the LMJ / Sproles comparison when LMJ came out and I hate it even worse now. He's nowhere near Sproles level at anything. He never was. I'm not hating on James. I was a huge fan of the pick and although I'm growing less and less excited about him, I never once watched him in college or the NFL and thought he looked like Darren Sproles. I'm a huge Sproles fan and while he's succeeded in New Orleans I still fee like the guy has been under utilized his entire NFL career. He should be getting way more touches out of the backfield. Not just passes. That guy can run inside, outside, over the top it doesn't matter. Complete monster and LMJ will be lucky if he has a career that's even close to that of Sproles.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Here you go, phatbutskinny.

Receivers Michael Crabtree (torn Achilles tendon) and Mario Manningham (torn ACL) landed on the reserve/physically unable to perform (PUP) list. Carradine, Lattimore and Dial are on the reserve/non-football injury (NFI) list because they did not suffer their injuries while in the NFL. Cornerback Eric Wright and tackle Luke Marquardt also went on the NFI list. Players on the reserve/PUP and reserve/NFI lists do not count against roster limits.
All had counted against the 90-man limit before Tuesday because they were on the active/PUP and active/NFI lists, meaning they could have returned immediately upon passing a physical examination.

Now, they cannot return until later in the season. Players on reserve/PUP and reserve/NFI lists become eligible to resume practicing after the conclusion of the sixth regular-season weekend (Oct. 15) through the 11th regular-season weekend (Nov. 19). Once the players resume practicing, teams have 21 calendar days to move the players onto their active rosters.
The 49ers also moved cornerback Chris Culliver onto their injured reserve list, ending his season. They designated as waived/injured defensive end Lawrence Okoye and defensive tackle Lamar Divens. Those players will land on the injured reserve list upon clearing waivers. They also are eligible for injury settlements in which the team would pay a negotiated sum in exchange for the player becoming free to sign with another team.
Players reaching injury settlements cannot re-sign with their previous teams until 10 weeks into the regular season. The 49ers' roster stands at 74 players. The team will have to reduce to 53 by Saturday.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I hated the LMJ / Sproles comparison when LMJ came out and I hate it even worse now. He's nowhere near Sproles level at anything. He never was. I'm not hating on James. I was a huge fan of the pick and although I'm growing less and less excited about him, I never once watched him in college or the NFL and thought he looked like Darren Sproles. I'm a huge Sproles fan and while he's succeeded in New Orleans I still fee like the guy has been under utilized his entire NFL career. He should be getting way more touches out of the backfield. Not just passes. That guy can run inside, outside, over the top it doesn't matter. Complete monster and LMJ will be lucky if he has a career that's even close to that of Sproles.

Sproles is a great player and a known quantity. We've seen him do a lot and I agree that LaMichael isn't on his level. But again, LaMichael has really only had about five games and nobody will ever know if he can be close to Sproles unless they start using him that way. I expect some quick hitch passes and some misdirections to get him out in shallow space where he can juke linebackers. And, I expect some screens because like Sproles, he's a little guy and it will be hard for defenders to figure out where he's going if he's behind a few lineman and a TE.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
@NCommand:

LaMichael James has only really played in about five games. I'm pretty sure they're going to explore his value as a Sproles-like change of pace before they consider letting him walk.

And, I don't think K Williams is going anywhere unless Manningham shows that he can withstand the punishment without getting injured.

I hear you pas!

G, I have no doubt they are going to keep LMJ and see how it all pans out. But being objective, the dude fumbles a lot, is a decent runner at best (right now), looks like he'll be a liabiity as a returner (constantly dive-catching) and has no real burst (quickness or top-end speed) and I'm not thrilled with his vision. He certainly doesn't have the lateral speed to get to the edge so far (constantly tackled for loss - much is the terrible blocking too). Right now, Hampton clearly seems like the better back you'd want in there as a workhorse if Gore ever went down. That said, LMJ does appear to be getting better at running between the tackles and so far, have we passed to him once as an outlet or designed dump-n-run play?

I guess you could say the same for Williams who blew out his knee on a crack-back block on a running play. That said, I had to consider him b/c with Baldwin, Boldin, Patton, Moore and Manningham back after week 6, how valuable is Williams right now? We also have to consider we'll be running possibly 4 TE's if Gray makes the team. We ran a 5-receiver look in one game and only ONE player was a WR. I still think we keep him but he's at least in the short and long-term discussion.
AB, thanks for the link, and a really neat site.

As for the Sproles issue, we got too many really good RBs to have LMJ work into that position, even tho he can run between tackles. But why? His worth to me is just getting a shovel pass , lateral or pass in the backfield, and then see if the D can tackle him. I don' think so, but so far, haven't seen that many plays where he did just that . If he isn't used as Sproles, or say Reggie Bush originally, then I don't see why to keep him. So either they change the way he is used or there is no point to keeping him. He isn't Gore, nor Hunter, and he isn't Dixon on the goal line. He is and should be used like sproles was...after that, I don't see it. Maybe Mangini will suggest he be used in that manner, but if not, we are just wasting his talent.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone