There are 167 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We didn't cut anybody. LOL. We just put everybody on Injured Reserve / PUP lists. We must have the longest list of Injured Reserve / PUP in the NFL. Harbaugh must want a farm team. A developmental team. He wants more roster slots like in college.

lol. 5 on NFI, 2 on PUP, 7 on IR, and a soon to be 53 man and 8 man P-Squad.

At some point we got to make some real cuts. But it looks like Harbaugh doesn't want to do that right now. The plus side is we keep and develop a lot of players. The downside is we got a lot of injured guys this early in the year.

To get to 53 there is simply no way they can avoid cuts anymore though. They gotta do some after this next game.

True, and I am sure they know who they are gonna cut for the most part. The backup OL, backups at WR like Jacobs. Interesting will be Safety, do we keep a 5th, like Robinson or Ventrone. Is it worth it, the 5th S likely wont be active.

Do we go 6 WR or 5 WR and 4 TE? Can't wait for Thursday night, College at 7 and 9, 49ers at 10 est on NFLN.
We didn't cut anybody. LOL. We just put everybody on Injured Reserve / PUP lists. We must have the longest list of Injured Reserve / PUP in the NFL. Harbaugh must want a farm team. A developmental team. He wants more roster slots like in college.

lol. 5 on NFI, 2 on PUP, 7 on IR, and a soon to be 53 man and 8 man P-Squad.

At some point we got to make some real cuts. But it looks like Harbaugh doesn't want to do that right now. The plus side is we keep and develop a lot of players. The downside is we got a lot of injured guys this early in the year.

To get to 53 there is simply no way they can avoid cuts anymore though. They gotta do some after this next game.

True, and I am sure they know who they are gonna cut for the most part. The backup OL, backups at WR like Jacobs. Interesting will be Safety, do we keep a 5th, like Robinson or Ventrone. Is it worth it, the 5th S likely wont be active.

Do we go 6 WR or 5 WR and 4 TE? Can't wait for Thursday night, College at 7 and 9, 49ers at 10 est on NFLN.

The real movement will be after this next game. It should be interesting. I know Omameh is one of the cuts....
So since Fleming was injured when we waived him does that mean we have to carry him on our IR? Isn't that what Happened with McKillop?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
So since Fleming was injured when we waived him does that mean we have to carry him on our IR? Isn't that what Happened with McKillop?

Fleming is on IR for the season, so will Divens and Okoye if they pass waivers.
I'm starting to think Jennings could be one of the surprises. Take what Harbaugh says with a grain of salt but says it will be neck and neck. Cutting Jennings would cost us 221k against the cap and save us 940k. Jennings is signed in 2014 too but if we would keep him this year and cut him before 2014 we would have 0 dead money and save 1,035,000. Very well could see him gone before this season or next. Guess we won't be sure until after the SD game if he gets cut or not. Too bad we couldn't offer him up on trade if he didn't think he would make it. Probably only worth a swap of a 7th round pick... so we'd move up to that teams spot from where we were and they would move down if they finished worse than us. Would save us 221k since I believe if you trade a player they take on their full salary and we don't have any cap hit.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Fleming is on IR for the season, so will Divens and Okoye if they pass waivers.

But I thought he was "waived" when he was injured? I just don't understand how that part works. Figured you'd be the one that would understand it.
I'll have to do a mock outlook soon. Some are obvious cuts, Stupar, T.johnson, Holland again. Wiggins, Omameh, Bykowski.

True...note that Seneca Wallace hasn't been added to the roster so he really represents the 75th man. So when you do your cuts, include him (he'll be your cut #22).

Here is the active list, I believe:
Jacobs, Chuck WR
McCoy, Colt QB
Hawkins, Lavelle WR
Lee, Andy P
Daniels, B.J. QB
Collie, Austin WR
Kaepernick, Colin QB
Dawson, Phil K
Williams, Kyle WR
Patton, Quinton WR
Osgood, Kassim WR
Hall, Chad WR
Moore, Marlon WR
Cox, Perrish DB
Gore, Frank RB
Rogers, Carlos CB
James, LaMichael RB
Dixon, Anthony RB
Asomugha, Nnamdi CB
Brown, Tarell CB
Brock, Tramaine DB
Spillman, C.J. DB
Robinson, Trenton FS
Whitner, Donte SS
Hunter, Kendall RB
Hampton, Jewel RB
Cooper, Marcus CB
Reid, Eric S
Thomas, Michael S
Morris, Darryl DB
Ventrone, Raymond DB
Dahl, Craig SS
Schepler, Jason FB
Stupar, Nathan LB
Gray, MarQueis TE
McDermott, Kevin LS
Tukuafu, Will DT
Miller, Bruce FB
Johnson, Cam LB
Skuta, Dan LB
Willis, Patrick ILB
Bowman, NaVorro ILB
Moody, Nick OLB
Brooks, Ahmad OLB
Johnson, Travis LB
Wilhoite, Michael LB
Goodwin, Jonathan C
Tribue, Wayne G
Jerod-Eddie, Tony DE
Purcell, Mike NT
Netter, Al G
Omameh, Patrick OG
Kilgore, Daniel G
Snyder, Adam G
Wiggins, Kenny T
Bykowski, Carter OT
Staley, Joe T
Boone, Alex G
Davis, Anthony T
Iupati, Mike G
Looney, Joe G
Boldin, Anquan WR
Dobbs, Demarcus TE
Davis, Vernon TE
Jennings, Brian LS
Celek, Garrett TE
McDonald, Vance TE
Dorsey, Glenn DE
McDonald, Ray DT
Williams, Ian NT
Smith, Justin DE
Lemonier, Corey LB
Smith, Aldon LB
Wallace, Seneca QB (#74)
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'll have to do a mock outlook soon. Some are obvious cuts, Stupar, T.johnson, Holland again. Wiggins, Omameh, Bykowski.

True...note that Seneca Wallace hasn't been added to the roster so he really represents the 75th man. So when you do your cuts, include him (he'll be your cut #22).

Wallace is on the roster
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wallace is on the roster

Not on our WZ site (I added him). I think I'm still one off but with him added it does add up to 74. But I'm getting 22 cuts (not 21).
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'm starting to think Jennings could be one of the surprises. Take what Harbaugh says with a grain of salt but says it will be neck and neck. Cutting Jennings would cost us 221k against the cap and save us 940k. Jennings is signed in 2014 too but if we would keep him this year and cut him before 2014 we would have 0 dead money and save 1,035,000. Very well could see him gone before this season or next. Guess we won't be sure until after the SD game if he gets cut or not. Too bad we couldn't offer him up on trade if he didn't think he would make it. Probably only worth a swap of a 7th round pick... so we'd move up to that teams spot from where we were and they would move down if they finished worse than us. Would save us 221k since I believe if you trade a player they take on their full salary and we don't have any cap hit.

Yeah Jennings said himself a little while back that he knew his days were numberd and could understand a cut d/t salary. And how about Goodwin? Again, we always end up seeing some surprise cuts by this FO; heck, already with Haralson and AJ; even Divens/Okoye to get on the IR (which doesn't count against us either).
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM ]

Originally posted by valrod33:
Wallace is on the roster

Not on our WZ site (I added him). I think I'm still one off but with him added it does add up to 74. But I'm getting 22 cuts (not 21).

the niners may have to forfeit their win over the vikings for playing a guy, wallace, who isnt on the roster
Originally posted by hofer36:
the niners may have to forfeit their win over the vikings for playing a guy, wallace, who isnt on the roster

Yeah Jennings said himself a little while back that he knew his days were numberd and could understand a cut d/t salary. And how about Goodwin? Again, we always end up seeing some surprise cuts by this FO; heck, already with Haralson and AJ; even Divens/Okoye to get on the IR (which doesn't count against us either).
Kilgore is not ready to take Goodwins spot yet he maybe soon but I thought he was pushed around to much the last two games.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Kilgore is not ready to take Goodwins spot yet he maybe soon but I thought he was pushed around to much the last two games.

I'm in this camp as well but would not be surprised at this point (esp. with Goodwin's salary). But that's a big risk even if you have Looney (plays C better thanLG) and Snyder to back him up. And it could open up another roster spot? I don't think so though...
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

From what I seen he was doing solid but isn't ready yet. He has the quickness but wouldn't mind if he bulked up a bit. Seems like we are in the process of a youth movement. Probably shouldn't expect Goodwin, Whitner and a lot of other players who are free agents to be re-signed. We will be saving up for the future; will have to move on from some solid players and already have with Haralson who was going to be a FA after this year as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone