There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

I really wanted DaRick in the draft an man, was I wrong. He must be a poison pill cause he seemed to have the talent.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

RT @Eric_Edholm: Breaking: #Browns have claimed P Colton Schmidt, whom the #49ers cut yesterday.

And it has begun...
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
UT-OH!!!! So we only needed to go down to 75, yet we went down to 74. Looking at the other team cuts to see any names that stood out. Look what I found...

Buffalo Bills DB Dominique Ellis, WR Da'Rick Rogers CB Jumal Rolle, WR DeMarco Sampson, C Ryan Turnley, G Keith Williams (injury settlement)

Zone draft crush WR Da'Rick Rogers!!!! GET EM!!!!
I was doing the same, but I would like OT Trueblood. Cut by Redskins. Much better in a power scheme than zone imo.
Originally posted by NCommand:

RT @Eric_Edholm: Breaking: #Browns have claimed P Colton Schmidt, whom the #49ers cut yesterday.

And it has begun...

Smart move, guy has a huge leg and he can kick off which is a bonus if your Kicker has a weak leg. Also, he has some wheels and 2 potential TD saving tackles in 2 games shows he's not afraid to tackle if he's the last line of defense.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM ]
I
Originally posted by Gore_21:

And it has begun...

Smart move, guy has a huge leg and he can kick off which is a bonus if your Kicker has a weak leg. Also, he has some wheels and 2 potential TD saving tackles in 2 games shows he's not afraid to tackle if he's the last line of defense.

I was hoping we were gonna be able to stash this guy and the long snapper on our practice squad.
So who are your 22/21 cuts people?

Offense:
QB: Seneca Wallace (quit on us)
RB: Jewel Hampton (may make the 53 if we consider LMJ for the PUP list)
FB: Jason Scheplar
TE Garrett Celek (or Gray)
X: Chuck Jacobs, Lavelle Hawkins, Chad Hall (whoever adds the most ST value here or we could only keep 5 WR's and go 4 TE's)
Y (SLOT): Austin Collie
Z: Kassim Osgood
LOT: Kenny Wiggins, Carter Bykowski
LG: Al Netter
RG: Wayne Tribune
ROT: Patrick Omameh

Defense:
RDE: Tony Jerod-Eddie
NT: Mike Purcell
LDE: Will Tukuafu (may be a one week roster placeholder on the 53, or cut and go 52 or reserve this spot for a cut veteran LT)
TED: Nathan Stupar, Travis Johnson (confirmed already)
RCB: Darryl Morris (between he and Marcus Cooper)...would love if both made it over Brock!
FS: Michael Thomas
SS: Raymond Ventrone

Special Teams:
LS Brian Jennings
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM ]
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I
Originally posted by Gore_21:

And it has begun...

I was hoping we were gonna be able to stash this guy and the long snapper on our practice squad.

Same here!!!!
So we really only had to cut Okoye and Divens?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by btthepunk:

They are going on IR.
Nice list NC, but Jacobs and collie? Jacobs I can see, collie, that is harder. Rest of list looks pretty fair to me. ON the collie deal, if not now, it will be later. We just got too dam much wR talent in camp....thank you trent and jim. Hard to believe we open against GB and SEA with:

Boldin, Patton, VAnce, Vernon, Baldwin with LMJ in backfield. Now THAT will be a sight to send chills up and down your spine. Moore, could equally be there. Collie played great, will play great, but there are just better WRs here. Compare that to opening of last season....and I forgot Kyle...jeeez. This team is way better than it was last yr, including Kap with 10 starts. I also like our DBs better, in that I like reid way better than goldson and his penalties(actually, Reid can prevent receptions and goldson just made good tackle after the catch...big difference.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

yeah they both blow
So who are your 21 cuts people? I'm off 1 somehow.

Offense:
QB: Seneca Wallace
RB: Jewel Hampton
FB: Jason Scheplar
TE Garrett Celek
X: Chuck Jacobs, Lavelle Hawkins
Y (SLOT): Austin Collie
Z: Kassim Osgood
LOT: Kenny Wiggins, Carter Bykowski
LG: Al Netter
RG: Wayne Tribune
ROT: Patrick Omameh

Defense:
RDE: Tony Jerod-Eddie
NT: Mike Purcell
LDE: Will Tukuafu
TED: Nathan Stupar, Travis Johnson
RCB: Marcus Cooper (between he and Darryl Morris)...would love if both made it over Brock!
FS: Michael Thomas
SS: Raymond Ventrone

Special Teams:
LS Kevin McDermott

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Nice list NC, but Jacobs and collie? Jacobs I can see, collie, that is harder. Rest of list looks pretty fair to me. ON the collie deal, if not now, it will be later. We just got too dam much wR talent in camp....thank you trent and jim. Hard to believe we open against GB and SEA with:Boldin, Patton, VAnce, Vernon, Baldwin with LMJ in backfield. Now THAT will be a sight to send chills up and down your spine. Moore, could equally be there. Collie played great, will play great, but there are just better WRs here. Compare that to opening of last season....and I forgot Kyle...jeeez. This team is way better than it was last yr, including Kap with 10 starts. I also like our DBs better, in that I like reid way better than goldson and his penalties(actually, Reid can prevent receptions and goldson just made good tackle after the catch...big difference.

Thanks pas...yeah, I actually have Hall over Collie b/c he was playing with the #1's, hasn't dropped a pass since 1983 and is also a backup punt returner and cocerage unit guy. Collie? Can't do any of that AND has a serious injury history. That said, we may very well go with 5 WR's and 4 TE's if Gray is better than Hall overall. I actually have us seriously considering cutting Celek as well. All tough calls. And now Hawkins comes into the mix as a "potential" dynamic punt returner. If he can continue to add as a WR as well, he could push Hall and/or Gray off.

Yeah I'm feeling much better with Nnamdi back there, love the development of Cooper and Morris and until last game, Cox was playing lights out. But can Brown and Rogers still cover? They better b/c there are number of guys waiting for them fail. And me too, I think in the long run, Reid could end up being a much better cover S and is already, much smarter (pulling up last second to avoid a 15-yarder). Love it!
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM ]
I'll have to do a mock outlook soon. Some are obvious cuts, Stupar, T.johnson, Holland again. Wiggins, Omameh, Bykowski.
We didn't cut anybody. LOL. We just put everybody on Injured Reserve / PUP lists. We must have the longest list of Injured Reserve / PUP in the NFL. Harbaugh must want a farm team. A developmental team. He wants more roster slots like in college.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We didn't cut anybody. LOL. We just put everybody on Injured Reserve / PUP lists. We must have the longest list of Injured Reserve / PUP in the NFL. Harbaugh must want a farm team. A developmental team. He wants more roster slots like in college.

lol. 5 on NFI, 2 on PUP, 7 on IR, and a soon to be 53 man and 8 man P-Squad.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Aug 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM ]