There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Huh? He's on the PUP list, not the IR. He'll be back for week 7 in all likelihood.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9580897/mario-manningham-san-francisco-49ers-start-year-pup-list

No indications that he won't be back.

I'm not talking about him coming back, I'm talking about how some people were expecting him to be ready to go by the 3rd or 4th game. Even when he comes back, I don't see him being "back", being the same player as he was last year. PCL injuries are notoriously slow to recover from, dude blew up his entire knee, I don't see him being the same player he was at anytime this season.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm not talking about him coming back, I'm talking about how some people were expecting him to be ready to go by the 3rd or 4th game. Even when he comes back, I don't see him being "back", being the same player as he was last year. PCL injuries are notoriously slow to recover from, dude blew up his entire knee, I don't see him being the same player he was at anytime this season.

He'll be ready by the 7th game instead.

And we've discussed this before, I think, but Ronde Barber played with a torn PCL. Tiki Barber tore his completely early in his career and never had it repaired. Mario has a solid chance to regain his prior ability.

"You'd be surprised how many guys don't have PCLs," Barber said. "My brother [Bucs cornerback Ronde] did it the year [2002] he won the Super Bowl, in like week 12, didn't tell anybody, played with it."

Achilles injuries, historically, have a far worse prognosis. Thankfully for Crab and Kendall, the surgical and rehab processes are light years ahead of where they used to be.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Aug 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
good decisions, neither of those 2 guys deserved a spot on the 53.

I expect Okoye to wind up on the practice squad.

Makes me wonder if he actually got "hurt" on Sunday or not. Helps him clear the waivers

Clearly hurting his knee made it safer to try to pass him through waivers if they do want him on the PS. We won't know how much they think of him until the PS is actually formed. My guess is they will take a chance on no one else picking him up so they will make a hand shake deal that when he gets fully healthy they will find a spot on the PS for him if he is willing to wait. I doubt they will use a spot for him until he is fully healthy.
He'll be ready by the 7th game instead.

And we've discussed this before, I think, but Ronde Barber played with a torn PCL. Tiki Barber tore his completely early in his career and never had it repaired. Mario has a solid chance to regain his prior ability.

"You'd be surprised how many guys don't have PCLs," Barber said. "My brother [Bucs cornerback Ronde] did it the year [2002] he won the Super Bowl, in like week 12, didn't tell anybody, played with it."

Achilles injuries, historically, have a far worse prognosis. Thankfully for Crab and Kendall, the surgical and rehab processes are light years ahead of where they used to be.

Both those guys are going to have a blast with their future arthritis as a result of those PCL injuries. As far as Manningham goes, he tore both his PCL and ACL, combined that is considerably more severe than suffering either injury individually.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
I agree, I believe he tore 2 ligaments in that knee. For a guy who's not particularly big or fast and who relies on his cutting ability, him being 100% for the 2nd half of the season is optimistic. I also think that as much as we don't want to say it, Crabs is pretty much done for the year.

Good point on Crabtree. I agree. For some reason everyone seems to believe Crabtree is coming back this year.. I have serious doubts unless its deep into the playoffs .. I would imagine that a complete tear is worse than a partial which has taken Kendall Hunter 8-9 months to come back from. Crab needs to go rehab with Kobe if he has any chance of contributing this season..would love to have to eat my words he is my favorite Niner
Both those guys are going to have a blast with their future arthritis as a result of those PCL injuries. As far as Manningham goes, he tore both his PCL and ACL, combined that is considerably more severe than suffering either injury individually.

Willis McGahee.

Gale Sayers tore his ACL and significantly damaged his MCL and PCL in 1968 and returned to lead the league in rushing the following year. At the time surgeons had no clue what to do with the injuries. Sometimes they just stapled the two torn ends of the ligaments together.

All I'm saying is, let's not be so pessimistic or write guys off. Modern medicine plus modern rehabilitation techniques have proven very powerful over and over again.
Both Divens and Okoye will go on IR is they clear waivers.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

RT @Eric_Edholm: Breaking: #Browns have claimed P Colton Schmidt, whom the #49ers cut yesterday.
Originally posted by Jcool:

RT @Eric_Edholm: Breaking: #Browns have claimed P Colton Schmidt, whom the #49ers cut yesterday.

He had a great preseason

RT @RealBrownsFans: Championship!!!!

Sonofab***h!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Both Divens and Okoye will go on IR is they clear waivers.

Yeah I think that's what they're hoping for, would be nice to stash them.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I have no hate for LMJ but it's just a numbers thing. I can see switching between Dixon and Miller as actives to play FB but as good as a weapon as LMJ could be I still think he will be inactive more than he is active on game day.

LOL.....no. Miller is the fullback, period. Dixon is there for ST and goal line, that is it. James will have a role on this team and will be a regular contributor, his unique skill-set is highly useful.

Seriously, Bruce Miller is one of the better FBs in the league. You want to rotate him every couple games with Anthony Dixon?

Seriously?

It wasn't my idea I was quoting another poster where I said that I could see it happening to get LMJ on the field but my point was and still is LMJ will not be active for many games.
UT-OH!!!! So we only needed to go down to 75, yet we went down to 74. Looking at the other team cuts to see any names that stood out. Look what I found...

Buffalo Bills DB Dominique Ellis, WR Da'Rick Rogers CB Jumal Rolle, WR DeMarco Sampson, C Ryan Turnley, G Keith Williams (injury settlement)

Zone draft crush WR Da'Rick Rogers!!!! GET EM!!!!
I have no hate for LMJ but it's just a numbers thing. I can see switching between Dixon and Miller as actives to play FB but as good as a weapon as LMJ could be I still think he will be inactive more than he is active on game day.

LOL.....no. Miller is the fullback, period. Dixon is there for ST and goal line, that is it. James will have a role on this team and will be a regular contributor, his unique skill-set is highly useful.

Seriously, Bruce Miller is one of the better FBs in the league. You want to rotate him every couple games with Anthony Dixon?

Seriously?

It wasn't my idea I was quoting another poster where I said that I could see it happening to get LMJ on the field but my point was and still is LMJ will not be active for many games.

Thought LMJ was listed as the primary PR and KR? He should be one of the 46.