There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

LMJ being cut is insane and laughable. Dixon is a solid backup who can play special teams. You need a guy like him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by saj4423:
I have no hate for LMJ but it's just a numbers thing. I can see switching between Dixon and Miller as actives to play FB but as good as a weapon as LMJ could be I still think he will be inactive more than he is active on game day.

LOL.....no. Miller is the fullback, period. Dixon is there for ST and goal line, that is it. James will have a role on this team and will be a regular contributor, his unique skill-set is highly useful.

Seriously, Bruce Miller is one of the better FBs in the league. You want to rotate him every couple games with Anthony Dixon?

Seriously?
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by saj4423:
I have no hate for LMJ but it's just a numbers thing. I can see switching between Dixon and Miller as actives to play FB but as good as a weapon as LMJ could be I still think he will be inactive more than he is active on game day.

LOL.....no. Miller is the fullback, period. Dixon is there for ST and goal line, that is it. James will have a role on this team and will be a regular contributor, his unique skill-set is highly useful.

Seriously, Bruce Miller is one of the better FBs in the league. You want to rotate him every couple games with Anthony Dixon?

Seriously?

If we are leading and the game is over -- yes. Why put one of the best at risk.
The San Francisco 49ers have placed defensive tackle Tank Carradine, defensive tackle Quinton Dial, running back Marcus Lattimore, tackle Luke Marquardt and cornerback Eric Wright on the Reserve/NFI List.

The team has also announced that wide receivers Michael Crabtree and Mario Manningham will be placed on the Reserve/PUP List.

Players on both lists do not count against the 49ers active roster, and will not be eligible to practice until at least the Tuesday following the completion of week six of the NFL schedule.

The 49ers have also placed cornerback Chris Culliver on the Injured Reserve List. Defensive tackles Lamar Divens and Lawrence Okoye have been waived/injured.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
The San Francisco 49ers have placed defensive tackle Tank Carradine, defensive tackle Quinton Dial, running back Marcus Lattimore, tackle Luke Marquardt and cornerback Eric Wright on the Reserve/NFI List.

The team has also announced that wide receivers Michael Crabtree and Mario Manningham will be placed on the Reserve/PUP List.

Players on both lists do not count against the 49ers active roster, and will not be eligible to practice until at least the Tuesday following the completion of week six of the NFL schedule.

The 49ers have also placed cornerback Chris Culliver on the Injured Reserve List. Defensive tackles Lamar Divens and Lawrence Okoye have been waived/injured.

Yep, so much for Manningham. I've been telling people this whole time. Dude had his entire knee wrecked, don't count on him to contribute in any meaningful way this season.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
creative!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
good decisions, neither of those 2 guys deserved a spot on the 53.

I expect Okoye to wind up on the practice squad.

maybe, he really hasnt shown much at all...
Originally posted by valrod33:

You bet your sweet @ss I am!

Originally posted by mustangmele:
If we are leading and the game is over -- yes. Why put one of the best at risk.

He implied he wanted to rotate them as actives--meaning Bruce Miller would be inactive for some games while Anthony Dixon started.
Yep, so much for Manningham. I've been telling people this whole time. Dude had his entire knee wrecked, don't count on him to contribute in any meaningful way this season.

Huh? He's on the PUP list, not the IR. He'll be back for week 7 in all likelihood.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9580897/mario-manningham-san-francisco-49ers-start-year-pup-list

No indications that he won't be back.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Were you expecting him to show something given he has NEVER played football before?

I agree, I believe he tore 2 ligaments in that knee. For a guy who's not particularly big or fast and who relies on his cutting ability, him being 100% for the 2nd half of the season is optimistic. I also think that as much as we don't want to say it, Crabs is pretty much done for the year.

Makes me wonder if he actually got "hurt" on Sunday or not. Helps him clear the waivers
Originally posted by Jcool:

Were you expecting him to show something given he has NEVER played football before?

He'll make it to the PS, no team is going to waste a spot on their 53 for him. He may get some offers to join another teams PS, but I believe he likes the team and Jimmy T enough to stick with us for another year.
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Aug 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM ]