There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by saj4423:
LMJ will not be cut but I don't think he will not be active on game day to often. Gore, Hunter, Dixon and Miller will be the active backs just like last year.
ok, so if your theory is true,, do you think that means that kendall and kyle will be our kick returners on game day?

I can see Williams and Cox doing the return duties.
i see williams doing punts, james and/or hunter doing kickoffs and cox doing backup in both of those areas.. in any case i think we are better than ginn doing is running five yards and then out of bounds routine
Originally posted by cciowa:
i see williams doing punts, james and/or hunter doing kickoffs and cox doing backup in both of those areas.. in any case i think we are better than ginn doing is running five yards and then out of bounds routine

Or you mean winning games with his returns?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49ers808: The only thing suprising is your arguments to why...SMFH



-The guy is a very capable and willing blocker, It's actually one of his strengths - this really isn't saying much, a lot of WRs are "capable and willing", and unfortunately KW is one of the smallest dudes.

-Before he got hurt he was proving to be legit threat as a reciever and caught the longest pass in Kaps debut against the Bears, and if you read anything last year he was the best reciever in camp. - it takes more than one damn long pass to remain on team yo! Randy Moss caught touchdowns, where is he now?

-When was the last time our current or projected returners scored a TD? - Last Sunday, Lavelle Hawkins

-Injured all camp yet he has more knowledge and game time experience in this system then all the recievers combined. - I'll give u this, it's probably the only real advantage he has over the other guys, that's about it.

By mid-season I predict Baldwin & Patton will leap frog this dude, and by next year it's bye bye KW!

So because he's small he can't block? Tell that to Steve Smith or Hines Ward who's one of the GOATS in run blocking not because of his size but because of his love and willingness to do so.

I used that catch as an example yo! He's now old and retired as is many other recievers who also caught touchdowns....don't get your point on this one

So Lavelle Hawkins is our projected returner? He may not even make the team! I'm actually one of the few for this doe as I mentioned in his thread

Long story short, he ain't getting cut, but you are correct in it being a surprise if he did
Originally posted by Kolohe:
There's always a surprise cut I wonder who it will be?

Quinton Patton
Wow... LMJ hate? Really? After he stepped in admirably for Hunter as a rookie? It would be idiotic to cut him and he'll be dressed every game. I think Miller may see a decrease in playing time. To bad we can't move Dixon to fullback full time (Miller is obviously a far superior blocker). Boobie is really good at special teams and can run when needed.

LMJ is a very nice weapon to have.
Daniels, Jennings or Goodwin? That's pretty easy. DANIELS goes. Good athlete, but needs to learn playbook, say 2 yrs.(altho Colt seems to have done so in just one PS). Usually it takes a couple yrs to be comfortable with playbook. Daniels on STs? good idea but we got other guys to do that.

Goodwin? Heck, leave our OL alone. It is magnificent, and we need all the talent we can get there.

Jennings? Has he blown any snaps in yrs? NO. Hence, Daniels goes.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Wow... LMJ hate? Really? After he stepped in admirably for Hunter as a rookie? It would be idiotic to cut him and he'll be dressed every game. I think Miller may see a decrease in playing time. To bad we can't move Dixon to fullback full time (Miller is obviously a far superior blocker). Boobie is really good at special teams and can run when needed.

LMJ is a very nice weapon to have.

I have no hate for LMJ but it's just a numbers thing. I can see switching between Dixon and Miller as actives to play FB but as good as a weapon as LMJ could be I still think he will be inactive more than he is active on game day.
San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers 7s #49ers waive Okoye and Divens, trim roster to 74. http://49rs.me/ojRqZ
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
There's always a surprise cut I wonder who it will be?

Quinton Patton

that would be a suprise...but i dont see it as a possibility
i say if there is going be a shock value cut it would be kyle williams.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I have no hate for LMJ but it's just a numbers thing. I can see switching between Dixon and Miller as actives to play FB but as good as a weapon as LMJ could be I still think he will be inactive more than he is active on game day.

Miller will ALWAYS be active, there is no remote chance that they switch in Dixon to be the active FB
I also think Dixon will be active for his ST play
Originally posted by valrod33:
San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers 7s #49ers waive Okoye and Divens, trim roster to 74. http://49rs.me/ojRqZ

good decisions, neither of those 2 guys deserved a spot on the 53.
After the brooks thing i think divens might be gone for good.
Okoye will be on the practice squad
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
good decisions, neither of those 2 guys deserved a spot on the 53.

I expect Okoye to wind up on the practice squad.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I have no hate for LMJ but it's just a numbers thing. I can see switching between Dixon and Miller as actives to play FB but as good as a weapon as LMJ could be I still think he will be inactive more than he is active on game day.

LOL.....no. Miller is the fullback, period. Dixon is there for ST and goal line, that is it. James will have a role on this team and will be a regular contributor, his unique skill-set is highly useful.