There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Originally posted by verb1der:
Would it surprise anyone if Kyle Williams gets cut today?


You are joking right ?

No way in hell will that happen.
Patrick Willis gets cut today Wilhote is proving to be a excellent MLB.
Originally posted by SoCold:
WZ article said down to 85 after the trade if that's right it should be 10 dudes getting cut in the next 6 hours

Scott Tolzein, Al Netter, punter Colton Schmidt, linebacker Joe Holland and running back D.J. Harper and Parys Haralson. So thats 84 left and 9 more cuts to go.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Would it surprise anyone if Kyle Williams gets cut today?


You are joking right ?

No way in hell will that happen.

lol, I'm just saying that if there's such thing as a "surprise cut", KW would be one!

-The guy too small to be an effective run blocker
-Doesn't really pose a threat as a receiver
-Used as a returner, but when was the last time he actually returned one for a td?!
-Has been injured almost this whole camp while others are steppin it up.
Colin Kaepernick next to be cut. McCoy has surpassed him.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Would it surprise anyone if Kyle Williams gets cut today?

Nope, not at all... We have younger talent that is about as good with higher ceilings than Williams. Combine that with his injury history, and I think he is expendable.
how do u explain that he gets cut before Collie, Hall and Hawkins? all those dudes are just as old or older. Collie gets concussions when he lays his head on a pillow.
Originally posted by stunder49:
Patrick Willis gets cut today Wilhote is proving to be a excellent MLB.

Makes sense. Need to re-sign Aldon.
Tolzien will be signed soon , lot of teams will be attracted to his knowledge of our offensive system and his upside

the read option will continue to grow , we will have 3 QB's that are capable of running it ....
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Tolzien will be signed soon , lot of teams will be attracted to his knowledge of our offensive system and his upside

the read option will continue to grow , we will have 3 QB's that are capable of running it ....

Agreed. Someone in our division will likely pick him up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,598
What time do the picks have to be in by again?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Would it surprise anyone if Kyle Williams gets cut today?

I feel like I'm having Deja Vu, all over again.
I think its funny that through no fault of his own Williams has gone from our #2 WR to a possible first cut on the zone. They are holding him out as a precaution, he may even be ahead of Moore in the coaches minds, who knows. Regardless Boldin, Williams and Moore will be the first set of receivers to start the season with Patton rotating in and Baldwin coming in for the redzone initially till he learns the offense.
Originally posted by mayo49:
What time do the picks have to be in by again?

4pm
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,598
Sorry, I meant what time do the cuts have to be in by, not the picks. Thanks, Janitor I assume that's 4pm EST.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
lol, I'm just saying that if there's such thing as a "surprise cut", KW would be one!

-The guy too small to be an effective run blocker
-Doesn't really pose a threat as a receiver
-Used as a returner, but when was the last time he actually returned one for a td?!
-Has been injured almost this whole camp while others are steppin it up.

The only thing suprising is your arguments to why...SMFH

-The guy is a very capable and willing blocker, It's actually one of his strengths
-Before he got hurt he was proving to be legit threat as a reciever and caught the longest pass in Kaps debut against the Bears, and if you read anything last year he was the best reciever in camp.
-When was the last time our current or projected returners scored a TD?
-Injured all camp yet he has more knowledge and game time experience in this system then all the recievers combined. With this point your saying since Patrick Willis is hurt and Wilhoite has been stepping up he may also be be cut?