Watched game and then immediately rewatched it fast-forwarding between plays. :)
1) Kaep: Its funny how some peeps make a big deal about the 1-7 start. a throw away, 2 tipped passes, his arm was hit on another, one was a failed screen.....it was really no biggy. That was further proven when he went 6 for 6 and a TD for the rest of his game. Kaep is just fine.
2) Colt McCoy: As most of us know, he was named the #2 QB right after the game. Unlike the media who seem to automatically believe Harbaugh every time he says something, I think he's posturing. It sounds a lot to me like when Harbaugh was saying that they would NOT release Alex Smith knowing full well that they couldn't keep him. It smells to me like they are trying to signal to somebody that Colt will not be released and they need to pony up a pick if they want him. I have no idea if it'll work, but I never thought they'd get anything for Alex...let alone what they got.
3) BJ Daniels: I really like that kid. I think he's too green to be a #2 QB, but I don't think they can expose him to the practice squad. Someone will grab him. My personal opinion (and I could be way off...just my thinking), Colt get traded, Tolzien gets released, and your QBs are Kaep, Wallace, and Daniels.
4) Vance McDonald: Wow. Whenever he's on the field you notice. You don't see many 265 lb men move like that or hurdle defenders. Delanie was a great athlete, and even at 6' and about 240 I never saw him do that. He's gonna be huge.
5) Kendall Hunter: DAMN it was great to see Kendall out there again. Looked like the same guy too. Same quick feed and acceleration. It actually gives me some hope that Crab will be closer to 100% than I thought when he gets back.
6) Quinton Patton: That was GREAT to see. All he lacks is pure straight line speed. He is EVERYTHING AJ Jenkins wasn't. Great start for him.
7) Jon Baldwin: If you know what he is, I think he can be very effective. He is NOT a speed receiver. He's NOT Calvin Johnson. Some of you reading this will say "duh", but my point is that the expectations of him when he was drafted weren't close to what he actually was. If you accept what he is going in, then you have a better chance to see him for what he is. He's a big jump ball type player. He's functional and I think there's a place on the team for him. I can't say the same of AJ. He wasn't a functional player. I kinda compare Baldwin to Glenn Dorsey. He isn't the guy that people thought he would be coming out of school. If you accept that and remove the HUGE expectations and remove all of the disappointment over his development, then you can see what he IS and appreciate it far more.
8) Lavelle Hawkins: Moron. I'm sorry...I hate to talk like that about a Niner, but that was just a special kind of stupid. The first taunting penalty on the return was bogus....but he also took he helmet off. Stupid. Then...after talking with Harbaugh, he makes a catch and celebrates...and then gets into it with a player and gets the flag again. Idiot. Both times he made a great play and he nullified it with a stupid penalty. When you are trying to make a team, that's the stuff that gets you cut.
9) Justin Smith: Yeah...Cowboy's back. :)
10) Phil Dawson: Wow. OK, I think we are good at kicker again. LOL.