LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Winners and Losers from Preseason Game 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Safeway? what the f**k, u cashin in on us foo????

how much they payin you? I want in.

Got the idea from.another sports message board so.I decided to.bring it here.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Safeway? what the f**k, u cashin in on us foo????

how much they payin you? I want in.

lol love these boards
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Got the idea from.another sports message board so.I decided to.bring it here.

Should have left there. Change the #$%ing title.

Also, there was a thread on the subject. Do a search before you start a thread.

Eliminates duplicate threads. Duplicate threads make discussions more difficult.
Some quick thoughts -

Call me crazy, but I wasn't that enamored with Colt today. I'm not sure he did as well as he needed to do - that's why I'm surprised Harbaugh already named him the #2.

Really like Patton tonight (although he's smaller on TV that I thought he'd be). But he was quick, got open and made catches. On the TD, he put a good shake on the DB then was smart to keep his route going across the back endline - that's a good feel type play.

I thought Baldwin did well too. If he can grasp the playbook quickly, I'm not sure we'll need Collie on the roster - that means we can go with 5 WRs (Boldin, Moore, Kyle, Patton and Baldwin).

Vance looks like he's a keeper. And if you're in his way - watch out.
Winners:

Daniels - Guy is a lock for the roster. We'd be dumb to PS him. Has shown more in 2 drives than Tolzien has with us in 3 pre seasons.

Patton - Guy got shoved around blocking a bit and on ST but as long as he keeps producing like that he will rise up the depth chart fast. Said this a month plus before the draft that he was one of my favorite guys in the entire draft. He is going to step in immediately and contribute.

McDonald - Looks ready for the regular season to me. He will step in game one and contribute. Guy is going to be a great security blanket.

Hampton - I said last week looked out of shape and it was a shame because in college he ran really well. Looked like he lost 10 pounds this week. Definitely in better shape and probably earned himself a PS spot over Harper.

Hawkins - Might have made his case for another team because I think it's a little too late. He's done well the last two games and the KO helps but 2 15 yard penalties when you're fighting for a spot, have to be smarter than that. He plays with emotion though; he's hanging on for his career. Hopefully he makes another team if he doesn't make our roster.

CB's/D - Man this defense so far has been better than expected. Our 2's are able to compete with other team's 1's. The McCoy pick led to 1 of the TD's and I think that PI on Cox was iffy. Asomugha, Cox, Brock, everyone looks good. Our CBs and backups who will play during the regular season have got a ton of reps so that's good. We will see how it carries over into the regular season. Side note: Justin Smith looks like he is chomping at the bit to get back to regular season action. Eric Reid also looked good again and should be a lock as the starter for game 1.

Marlon Moore - Guy started again and is a lock for sure. He's like a bigger, better WR version of Ted Ginn.

Baldwin - Probably had more yards and catches in a few series than he did in the first 2 games at KC. He already has out produced Jenkins in a few series compared to probably 5ish quarters of playing time for Jenkins. I think the trade will work out great for us.

Losers:

Tolzien - Didn't play possibly due to back spasms but doesn't matter I think he is done on the team. I wouldn't trust him as backup. I'd rather have Daniels be backup. However, I think it will be Wallace or McCoy.

Neutral:

Celek - A holding on a made field goal and a dropped first down. Will have to look at his blocking. Gray didn't have any catches; will have to see how he did blocking. Celek is helped by the fact Gray didn't get any catches although not sure they sent out Gray much. Celek got a lot of work.

6th WR - Jacobs might have dropped out. Still seems like Hall vs Collie. Hall seems to be the guy but Collie seems to come up big on 3rd downs with his slants. I think both could contribute this year but probably won't have room for both. Did Hawkins enter the race? None of the players really standing out although Hall seems to be in the lead with much more playing time. Just wish someone would stand out above the rest and to me Collie and Hall are both worthy but neither is saying I'm your guy.

McCoy - Had a few drops which would have made his stats look much better and some really nice scrambles. There are worse backups in the league. The one INT killed him though and led to 7 for them. Lucky for him Wallace didn't get much time and Tolzien seems out.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM ]
Winners: QPatt!!, Baldwin, Hampton, hunter(hes back and in nice form), I like the PWillie backup, Big Vance McDonald

Losers: tolzien, looney, Hawkins,
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Lord Tolzien needs no playing time because he's already a stone coldto make the team
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by olapac:
Some quick thoughts -

Call me crazy, but I wasn't that enamored with Colt today. I'm not sure he did as well as he needed to do - that's why I'm surprised Harbaugh already named him the #2.

Are you sure that Harbaugh named McCoy the #2 quarterback?
Some quick thoughts -

Really like Patton tonight (although he's smaller on TV that I thought he'd be). But he was quick, got open and made catches. On the TD, he put a good shake on the DB then was smart to keep his route going across the back endline - that's a good feel type play.

I thought Baldwin did well too. If he can grasp the playbook quickly, I'm not sure we'll need Collie on the roster - that means we can go with 5 WRs (Boldin, Moore, Kyle, Patton and Baldwin).

Wait when did Harbaugh name McCoy #2?
Originally posted by buck:
Some quick thoughts -

Are you sure that Harbaugh named McCoy the #2 quarterback?

Yep, per MM, MB and Eric Branch from post-game interview with Harbaugh. It's on their twitter feeds.

Originally posted by 49ersss:
Some quick thoughts -

After the game. It's been reported on twitter by MM, MB, Eric Branch and others.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 49ersss:
Some quick thoughts -

When he realized it would raise his trade value
Hawkins should get the KR job . Moor impressed me. Patten , Baldwin, McDonald & hall ,I wonder who are we going to cut .
What no love for Eric Reid??? i think he solidify the #1 spot, very impressed by the Rookie
  • buck
  • Veteran
Yep, per MM, MB and Eric Branch from post-game interview with Harbaugh. It's on their twitter feeds.

OK. Thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone