There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WR Situation is better than we all expected.

Originally posted by THEB:
All offseason we've been talking about how terrible our WR group would be this season without manningham and crabs. Well boys, I think its a lot better than we all expected, and a whole lot better than what we had last season.

Patton looks like the truth, and Moore is ballin out!!

after a whole offseason of questions and uncertainty after 1 game everything is fine, dandy and better than expected? lol
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I would feel much better with Crabs and Manningham in there, but seeing Patton and Moore make some plays kinda softens the blow. Not to mention, Kyle Williams is still being held back for precautionary reasons. So far, so good.

but can they shake the seattle defenders?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I think we need to pump the brakes on this "elite" talk.

Sure, with Moore and Patton stepping up I think we could move from "glaring problem" to "about average."

I'm not trying to be negative, but come on. Boldin is average as a starter. Not a knock on him, but at this point he's below the top end group.

If Moore or Patton can make it to a average #2 level then I'll be happy. That still leaves us with an average WR group, but I think we are strong enough everywhere else to win with that.

Agree. and I'd say we haven't been above "about average" is a decade. I was VERY relieved seeing signs of life tonight. and that's the best I can ask for at this point. If our WR can tread water, we're in good shape.

Patton looks like fun though.... but his eye black is sideways
Really thought AJ was going to make a turn around this year, oh well, Baldwin, moore and Patton are ready to step up.
I feel good about our WR corps after today's game, it's really nice to see Patton and Moore step up. Hawkins seems a baller, need some couching thou.
Was very impressed with our young guys tonight. But I'm staying realistic, we'll see how they fare against a legit secondary like Seattle's.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i had a feeling bout moore from day one,, whatever we get from baldwin is just gravy and i was happy to see him do well tonight
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Jon Baldwin sighting, too!

This. I have a feeling Baldwin's the fifth or sixth WR and Hawkins and Hall battling for the final spot.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
is this real life?
Moore looked really solid.

Patton will be a factor by the end of the season.

If KW returns to form our WR will contribute big time.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Moore looked really solid.

Patton will be a factor by the end of the season.

If KW returns to form our WR will contribute big time.

Patton is going to be a factor right now. Him and Vance are going to do good things
Baldwin, moore, Patton, Vance...Wow! Didn't even mention Boldin. Also Collie, Hall, did well. Shame to cut any of them, but not all can stay. Way to go trent. Same at RB, cripes we have 4 starters, maybe 5. 2 have to go. Amazing.
When did Ted Ginn learn how to catch the ball??

Haha just kidding! This WR group will be fine with Kaep throwing them the ball
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Patton is going to be a factor right now. Him and Vance are going to do good things

Yeah, Patton is ready to contribute starting game 1. He will get in the rotation as the #4 receiver off the bat.
patton, moore and even baldwin really impressed. im perfectly fine with going into the season with them, boldin and willaims til Rio and Crabs get back. i wouldnt say theyre gonna burn up the whole league but they all played very well. hopefully it continues in the next game and into the season