LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

WR Situation is better than we all expected.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A good, and Kap will be great, NFL QB will find guys. No matter who the WRs are... Of course, you want great ones to make the big plays and get YAC. But good QBs will find guys. Moore is serviceable. Patton may come thru and we still haven't seen KW yet
I think our quarterback will make few receivers look good. If a Q can do that it usually means they are "special" because not all can do that. I'd say we are fortunate.
Baalkes pick of Patton makes up for Jenkins in my book. Said it before, one of the steals of the draft
Is there anyone that feels the Hawkins TD return has added him into the mix for 5th or 6th (should we decide to keep a sixth) WR?
Not sure I would put it like the thread title. Just hoping for the best right now.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Is there anyone that feels the Hawkins TD return has added him into the mix for 5th or 6th (should we decide to keep a sixth) WR?

If anything he needs to completely replace LMJ in return duties. he looked WAY more comfortable back there.
I think we need to pump the brakes on this "elite" talk.

Sure, with Moore and Patton stepping up I think we could move from "glaring problem" to "about average."

I'm not trying to be negative, but come on. Boldin is average as a starter. Not a knock on him, but at this point he's below the top end group.

If Moore or Patton can make it to a average #2 level then I'll be happy. That still leaves us with an average WR group, but I think we are strong enough everywhere else to win with that.
Good call on Patton, Pheonix!
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

If anything he needs to completely replace LMJ in return duties. he looked WAY more comfortable back there.

One thing I remember about him from the draft is that has huge hands. Maybe that's a good thing for a returner...

Still, he'd have to beat out Collie and Hall for a shot at the team. I could see it tho, if hey brings ST value.

I think Collie would be the best choice, but I'd be fine with Hawkins instead.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Only the chicken littles thought the WR core was in bad shape, the reasonable fans trusted that Harbaalke knew what they were doing.

... ok well when you're missing your No. 1 and No. 3 heading into the season, it's not crazy to be somewhat concerned. I was concerned after Crabtree went down, but I'm a little more confident after tonight.

Concern is justifiable, what got out of hand was everyone saying we had the worst corps in the league and that Moore was a dud even though the coaches obviously thought enough of him to play with the starters all preseason.

And then Patton... well we all knew he would be a stud I said it multiple times, he will be 3rd in receptions on this team. He is the kind of player that will work his way onto the field no matter what.

I would feel much better with Crabs and Manningham in there, but seeing Patton and Moore make some plays kinda softens the blow. Not to mention, Kyle Williams is still being held back for precautionary reasons. So far, so good.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Only the chicken littles thought the WR core was in bad shape, the reasonable fans trusted that Harbaalke knew what they were doing.

... ok well when you're missing your No. 1 and No. 3 heading into the season, it's not crazy to be somewhat concerned. I was concerned after Crabtree went down, but I'm a little more confident after tonight.

Concern is justifiable, what got out of hand was everyone saying we had the worst corps in the league and that Moore was a dud even though the coaches obviously thought enough of him to play with the starters all preseason.

And then Patton... well we all knew he would be a stud I said it multiple times, he will be 3rd in receptions on this team. He is the kind of player that will work his way onto the field no matter what.

I didn't see anyone saying "we had the worst" but I'll believe it. And can you fault anyone with Moore? Tonight was the first time anyone really saw anything from him. To say he is a dud is just being ignorant, but it's tough to feel confident about a No. 2 WR when none of us have seen anything from him before.

Regardless, Moore and Patton looked excellent tonight, and Patton is quickly turning into my favorite player on the team. Easily my fav pick of the previous draft.

And let's not forget about Davis
Jon Baldwin sighting, too!
These big dudes with the single numbers play against the twos and threes .

Collie and that #1 guy. We all know what Baldwin brings to the table. Good catch doe.
Just as I typed that , Harbros is chewing #1-6 out on the sideline. lolz.
Share 49ersWebzone