LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

49ers Looking To Trade/Release Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Management has been fumbling the rock lately last year Jenkins & now McCoy, NO BUENO
GM needs to get with the program. Tried to replace Alex with a mini Alex when we should have sought a mini Kap. Spend the 6th on a QB not trade for Colt. Cmon Baalke

I think people are realizing Baalke is only human afterall, mistakes are starting to show up. Come next draft, all eyes will be on him and fans will begin to scrutinize his picks far more closely than before.

Yeah I hope it doesn't continue to pile up.

Is there some other GM you guys would rather have? Please point him out.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Management has been fumbling the rock lately last year Jenkins & now McCoy, NO BUENO
GM needs to get with the program. Tried to replace Alex with a mini Alex when we should have sought a mini Kap. Spend the 6th on a QB not trade for Colt. Cmon Baalke

I think people are realizing Baalke is only human afterall, mistakes are starting to show up. Come next draft, all eyes will be on him and fans will begin to scrutinize his picks far more closely than before.

We've been knocking on the SB-door for two straight, but yes... Baalke & Greg Roman need to go.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

We've been knocking on the SB-door for two straight, but yes... Baalke & Greg Roman need to go.

I want Donahue back!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Bills signed QB Matt Leinart, formerly of the Raiders.

Now 30, Leinart appeared in two games with Oakland last season, completing 16-of-33 throws for 115 yards and an interception. Leinart lacks mobility and starting-caliber arm strength, and is no more than insurance as E.J. Manuel (knee scope) and Kevin Kolb (concussion) nurse injuries. The Bills are still holding out hope Manuel will be able to start in Week 1 against the Patriots.
Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
My only concern is what are the scouts and GM seeing on film, that is missing in real life? They must of had conviction to select AJ in round 1 and they did give up something for McCoy, so I assume liked him. I understand cutting your losses, but if you have enough conviction to spend a first or give up picks, why do they change their mind so fast? Its a little odd.
Originally posted by buck:

Now 30, Leinart appeared in two games with Oakland last season, completing 16-of-33 throws for 115 yards and an interception. Leinart lacks mobility and starting-caliber arm strength, and is no more than insurance as E.J. Manuel (knee scope) and Kevin Kolb (concussion) nurse injuries. The Bills are still holding out hope Manuel will be able to start in Week 1 against the Patriots.

How is that guy even in the league? Has he ever produced?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:

You can't hit a home run every time. Sometimes you strike out. I like how Baalke swings for the fences though. I wouldn't trade him for any other GM. He and Harbaugh work well together.

Sure, but at least the fans won't be afraid to speak their minds anymore. But, at least he admitted to the Jenkins debacle and made corrective actions promptly, that he has my respect and I tip my hat off to him.

People realize the Baalke is human?

Fans are afraid to speak their minds?

Baalke has your respect?

Not sure about all that, but I do know we definitely need many more pretentious posters. .
They change their mind based on what they see on the field. To me, this shows that they are in control of their egos enough to not be stubborn when on-field performance doesn't measure up to what they hoped it would. Easy everyone. These things are actually good signs. They show that Harbaugh and Baalke are realists. They recognize that someone might have potential, but if he doesn't show it on the field, they don't see that as a threat to their manhood and stick with the plan just to try to prove that they were correct to begin with.
Colt had potential but I'm afraid he hasn't been right since James Harrison knocked his block off.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They change their mind based on what they see on the field. To me, this shows that they are in control of their egos enough to not be stubborn when on-field performance doesn't measure up to what they hoped it would. Easy everyone. These things are actually good signs. They show that Harbaugh and Baalke are realists. They recognize that someone might have potential, but if he doesn't show it on the field, they don't see that as a threat to their manhood and stick with the plan just to try to prove that they were correct to begin with.

THIS. I would rather us see potential in a guy, obtain him and then move on when it's CLEARLY not working out. I don't want to be like the Jets and Cowboys and hold on to guys who are not holding up their end of the bargain. On the flip side I hope they do get into a habit of moving on too quickly and not giving guys a chance to develop. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me AJ is better than we all think.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

I really appreciate the fact that Baalke and Harbaugh seem to be in control of their egos.
can't wait for McCoy to get traded so we can bring back Lockette. Speaking of which, someone needs to let Wallace know to start thinking of getting a new #. #18 belongs to someone else.

maybe we can give Wallace #11
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by buck:

How is that guy even in the league? Has he ever produced?

I do not have a clue, but apparently the Bills see something they like.
The negative nancy fans are so strange. Almost nothing to complain about over the last two years, but they still find a way to get pissed off over little things like Colt McCoy not working out. When you need a veteran backup QB because you just traded Smith to KC, a good GM is going to bring in available options. They don't always work out.
It still boggles my mind that the Niners were able to trade a WR with literally zero production and a horrible 2nd preseason for a receiver with actual production and likely more upside. Honestly, I would of loved to of heard that conversation. What could Baalke actually say, "Hey Andy, you want to trade us for last years first round draft pick? He has zero catches, falls down running routes on a regular and couldn't make it onto the field before an undrafted free agent named Chad Hall, who likely wont make the roster this year." Sound good to you? If so, you got a deal."

Oops, wrong thread.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone