LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

49ers Looking To Trade/Release Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by buck:
people informed of the talks tell NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. McCoy did restructure his contract to a lower base salary Saturday, making it more like that he will not be released.McCoy is just 6 of 13 for 76 yards (5.9 YPA), two interceptions and a passer rating south of 30.0 through two preseason games. He obviously has failed to make an impression on coaches Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman.

One advantage for general manager Trent Baalke is the vacancies created by injuries to the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets, among other teams. Per Rapoport, the 49ers have already received calls on McCoy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234084/article/colt-mccoy-being-shopped-by-san-francisco-49ers

Based on what he's shown so far, he can lower his salary to $5 and he's still not worth keeping.
Trade McCoy for Jenkins
Why would anyone trade for him when they know it will just eventually get cut
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Why would anyone trade for him when they know it will just eventually get cut

because they would want to get him before another team does.
  • buck
  • Veteran
If we want to trade him, maybe we should bring him in after Kaepernick, let him play behind the #1 offensive line, and hope he plays well.
Originally posted by buck:
If we want to trade him, maybe we should bring him in after Kaepernick, let him play behind the #1 offensive line, and hope he plays well.

They tried that last week. He still stunk.
Any time there is talk of a player being traded before he is cut someone asks why ... the answer is always the same ... because claiming goes in opposite order of last years finish, and if you want a player you don't want someone else to claim him.

McCoy cost us a 7th round pick and a move down in the 5th ... if we get a 7th back then good riddance and lets move on.
Getting something is ALWAYS better than getting nothing.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
because they would want to get him before another team does.

You never know. I thought the same thing about Alex Smith -- that a team wouldn't give up anything higher than a 4th round pick, because the 49ers couldn't have afforded to keep him and would've ended up cutting him anyway.

Now, obviously Smith is good and McCoy sucks but... It's somewhat comparable,

Sorry I didn't complete my last post.

I really wanted DaRick in the draft. BUT, he really must be something awful as a player or a person at this point. He really fell far from where he was projected. Did he even get drafted?

If he's poison Trent/JH will never let him near our team.
He got signed as a UDFA by the Bills, but last I heard he was still screwing up and didn't look likely to make the team.
[ Edited by Scoots on Aug 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I really wanted DaRick in the draft. BUT, he really must be something awful as a player or a person at this point. He really fell far from where he was projected. Did he even get drafted?

He is an UDFA. He must be a head case because he does have talent.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Management has been fumbling the rock lately last year Jenkins & now McCoy, NO BUENO
GM needs to get with the program. Tried to replace Alex with a mini Alex when we should have sought a mini Kap. Spend the 6th on a QB not trade for Colt. Cmon Baalke

I think people are realizing Baalke is only human afterall, mistakes are starting to show up. Come next draft, all eyes will be on him and fans will begin to scrutinize his picks far more closely than before.

Yeah I hope it doesn't continue to pile up.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

He is an UDFA. He must be a head case because he does have talent.

I think he had a TD for Buffalo last week.
Share 49ersWebzone