LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

49ers Looking To Trade/Release Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want some fool team to pull the trigger on this trade already.
  • buck
  • Veteran
people informed of the talks tell NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. McCoy did restructure his contract to a lower base salary Saturday, making it more like that he will not be released.McCoy is just 6 of 13 for 76 yards (5.9 YPA), two interceptions and a passer rating south of 30.0 through two preseason games. He obviously has failed to make an impression on coaches Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman.

One advantage for general manager Trent Baalke is the vacancies created by injuries to the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets, among other teams. Per Rapoport, the 49ers have already received calls on McCoy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234084/article/colt-mccoy-being-shopped-by-san-francisco-49ers
[ Edited by buck on Aug 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM ]
He's awful. Not sure what some WZers were seeing in him. I would dump him for sure.
Originally posted by buck:
people informed of the talks tell NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. McCoy did restructure his contract to a lower base salary Saturday, making it more like that he will not be released.McCoy is just 6 of 13 for 76 yards (5.9 YPA), two interceptions and a passer rating south of 30.0 through two preseason games. He obviously has failed to make an impression on coaches Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman.

One advantage for general manager Trent Baalke is the vacancies created by injuries to the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets, among other teams. Per Rapoport, the 49ers have already received calls on McCoy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234084/article/colt-mccoy-being-shopped-by-san-francisco-49ers

It sounds like his salary restructure will make it easier to trade him.
could we trade him for wr
I like this new attitude the team brings. For years we dealt with Alex Smith on the roster cause everyone kept saying 'give him one more year to learn the playbook'. This new look 49ers with JH as coach is all about what you can do for me NOW. Coach saw Alex could be a potential liability and told him to find a new home last offseason. Only brought him back when Peyton decided to go to Denver. Then when Kaep showed promise, Alex was given the boot. Now we take a chance on McCoy. He doesnt play up to par, so coach is ready to show him the door.

I like this mentality. It's all about Superbowl or bust. Anyone that cant contribute needs to be flushed out.
[ Edited by hospcenter on Aug 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM ]
Originally posted by hospcenter:
I like this new attitude the team brings. For years we dealt with Alex Smith on the roster cause everyone kept saying 'give him one more year to learn the playbook'. This new look 49ers with JH as coach is all about what you can do for me NOW. Coach saw Alex could be a potential liability and told him to find a new home last offseason. Only brought him back when Peyton decided to go to Denver. Then when Kaep showed promise, Alex was given the boot. Now we take a chance on McCoy. He doesnt play up to par, so coach is ready to show him the door.

I like this mentality. It's all about Superbowl or bust. Anyone that cant contribute needs to be flushed out.

They also are in the position of luxury to do it. They have a roster full of talent. In the past they did not. They had to wait for guys to develop because they had nothing behind them. Now they can cut guys because there is more talent on the roster. They are in a different position to be able to do this.
i hope mmcoy shows some skills tonight so someone will be interested. plus, he's going to be very cap friendly now.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They also are in the position of luxury to do it. They have a roster full of talent. In the past they did not. They had to wait for guys to develop because they had nothing behind them. Now they can cut guys because there is more talent on the roster. They are in a different position to be able to do this.

I think if Harbaugh gets hired in 2006 with that roster, Alex is not playing for the Niners beyond his injury. I just dont think JH would be that patient with him, nor would he accept his mediocrity with poor excuses like 'not enough offesive weapons' or 'needs time to learn the playbook'. Thats just my take on JH after watching him coach the past couple seasons.
Supposedly McCoy dinged his shoulder early in camp and has been struggling with his arm ... if he isn't traded I wonder if they might IR him and see what they can make of him next year if he can get healthy. As long as we are not relying on McCoy to win for us this year I'll be fine with whatever Baalke does.

• buck
  • Veteran
I think if Harbaugh gets hired in 2006 with that roster, Alex is not playing for the Niners beyond his injury. I just dont think JH would be that patient with him, nor would he accept his mediocrity with poor excuses like 'not enough offesive weapons' or 'needs time to learn the playbook'. Thats just my take on JH after watching him coach the past couple seasons.

Alex Smith, bless his soul, is no longer a 49er.

The thread is about trading Colt McCoy.

Talking about thequarterbackwhoisnolongerhere in this thread = Attempted Hijacking

Please, Lord,
[ Edited by buck on Aug 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
Trade him to Buffalo for Darick Rodgers and a conditional pick. Stash Rodgers on the PS.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

And because of said talent and reputation we can get guys to take less to come here. Good times indeed!!
Originally posted by Butter:
Trade him to Buffalo for Darick Rodgers and a conditional pick. Stash Rodgers on the PS.

would suck to redshirt a guy when the league moves at the speed of light.
[ Edited by stunder49 on Aug 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM ]

He would've traded for A Rod while his trade value was still low as a forgotten backup to Favre
Share 49ersWebzone