There are 192 users in the forums

49ers Looking To Trade/Release Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by sfout:
Trade to the Jets for a conditional 6th. Especially if the Sanchise is out for a few weeks....

Bills need a warm body at QB pretty bad too right about now.

"UDFA WR Da'Rick Rogers didn't play a single snap in the Bills' third preseason game against the Redskins on Saturday.

The Bills went three-and-out on nine of their 12 possessions and ran just 49 offensive plays. Still, bottom-of-the-roster receivers Marcus Easley (6 snaps), Chris Hogan (3), Demarco Sampson (3), Brad Smith (2), and Brandon Kaufman (2) all got into the game ahead of Rogers. Rogers is going to have to light it up in the preseason finale if he wants to make the team, but that still might not be enough. Buffalo could be looking to stash him on the practice squad."

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Trade him for one of these guys straight up.
Aw man, I was rooting for both him and AJ. Guess I need to stop rooting for people, because they always get cut.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Management has been fumbling the rock lately last year Jenkins & now McCoy, NO BUENO
GM needs to get with the program. Tried to replace Alex with a mini Alex when we should have sought a mini Kap. Spend the 6th on a QB not trade for Colt. Cmon Baalke

I think people are realizing Baalke is only human afterall, mistakes are starting to show up. Come next draft, all eyes will be on him and fans will begin to scrutinize his picks far more closely than before.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Trade to the Jets for a conditional 6th. Especially if the Sanchise is out for a few weeks....

Yes there are plenty of needy teams. It is a QB wasteland out there.

I know but in their case they have literally one active healthy QB after Kolb got concussed....they don't have enough guys to finish the preseason right now with E.J. On the mend.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I think people are realizing Baalke is only human afterall, mistakes are starting to show up. Come next draft, all eyes will be on him and fans will begin to scrutinize his picks far more closely than before.

LOL. No GM is perfect, and you have criticized EVERY move Baalke made including the Aldon Smith pick.
Management has been fumbling the rock lately last year Jenkins & now McCoy, NO BUENO
GM needs to get with the program. Tried to replace Alex with a mini Alex when we should have sought a mini Kap. Spend the 6th on a QB not trade for Colt. Cmon Baalke

You can't hit a home run every time. Sometimes you strike out. I like how Baalke swings for the fences though. I wouldn't trade him for any other GM. He and Harbaugh work well together.
If Baalke can get any pick higher than a 7th, then just give him the 'GM of the year' award right now
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
maybe we can trade him for a used blocking sled
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We swapped a late 5th and moved to the early 6th and also gave up a late 7th. When I put it into the draft value chart it came out to equal a mid 7th so not really a big deal if he didn't work out. We should be able to get that back or even more.

Bumping this so the chicken little's can see it. Not like we gave up a 3rd round pick. Some of you go out of your way to criticize Baalke when he's one of the best GM's in the league. The way some of you talk you act like you have never been wrong about a player before.

Hey Rascal, you wouldn't happen to be SanDiego9er's son would you?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

You can't hit a home run every time. Sometimes you strike out. I like how Baalke swings for the fences though. I wouldn't trade him for any other GM. He and Harbaugh work well together.

Sure, but at least the fans won't be afraid to speak their minds anymore. But, at least he admitted to the Jenkins debacle and made corrective actions promptly, that he has my respect and I tip my hat off to him.

Originally posted by Muggins:
Why would the Jets add another s**tty QB?

b/c they already have 2
wow, if they get anything for him, it's a win. hopefully, somebody is looking a back up due to injuries.

Sure, but at least the fans won't be afraid to speak their minds anymore. But, at least he admitted to the Jenkins debacle and made corrective actions promptly, that he has my respect and I tip my hat off to him.

I can agree with you on this. When the player isn't fitting the system, neither Harbaugh or Baalke compound the problem by keeping that player around unnecessarily. Jenkins, McCoy, Brandon Jacobs, etc.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

"UDFA WR Da'Rick Rogers didn't play a single snap in the Bills' third preseason game against the Redskins on Saturday.

The Bills went three-and-out on nine of their 12 possessions and ran just 49 offensive plays. Still, bottom-of-the-roster receivers Marcus Easley (6 snaps), Chris Hogan (3), Demarco Sampson (3), Brad Smith (2), and Brandon Kaufman (2) all got into the game ahead of Rogers. Rogers is going to have to light it up in the preseason finale if he wants to make the team, but that still might not be enough. Buffalo could be looking to stash him on the practice squad."

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Trade him for one of these guys straight up.

That's interesting and would be a miracle if we can get a Brandon Kauffman. As for Da'Rick Rogers, that guy just has way too much baggage.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Trade him to Buffalo

this, as a football fan, he has a better chance to succeed in Buffalo than with the Jets.
Share 49ersWebzone