There are 308 users in the forums

49ers Looking To Trade/Release Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
No, I am not implying anything.

Thank you.
Rascal, for the record, we all hope Kap stays healthy. He has a good record of that. But if he needs a couple weeks or more, don't worry about Colt running our O. He is plenty capable of that as evidenced by the long drive Coach kept him in for. Like Kap in that game(1 for 8 initially) , Colt was shaky in the first series with a high throw and an INT based on a LB who fooled him. After that he was money. Kap, after his first 1 for 8 passes, came alive and took us in to score.There is nothing strange about QBs or anyone else, for that matter , starting off rough. Both Kap and Colt concluded good drives for points after slow starts. Colt was 45-8 as a starter at UT and I saw all games. He is fully capable of running this team well.

That said, I say the beads every Sunday for Kap's health. His runs are awe inspiring, but we all hold our breaths hoping for no injury. We will be fine with Colt as a legitimate backup, but still, we all want Kap out there...and healthy. I sure hope he runs less this yr. Turns out he is a great scrambler which is good news on a team that run blocks well, but doesn't pass protect that well.
Holding our breath when Kap runs is definitely an understatement as far as I'm concerned.

What worries me is a cheap shot out of bounds.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
in other words doc,,, colt just has to be a game manager which is actually easy to do with our team since we have such a good running game. i really do not think there is much reason for Ck to run and become bobby douglas(that is for old school people). i know people want him to the run the , option, wildcat, coyote or whatever we call it but i would just rather see him move in the pocket, maybe take off when pass protection breaks down(which is a concern to me even with the first stringers as we remember last year we were elite in run blocking but at times left some things to be desired in terms of pass protection). i do not care who it is as long as our backup is respectable so i got no issue with colt being the man even though many people have this infatuation with wallace.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Holding our breath when Kap runs is definitely an understatement as far as I'm concerned.

if it happens it happens...no need to be all scared
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

i just do not want him to spin the ball after a run
  • buck
  • Veteran
The Jets have signed another quarterback.

I would say there is not much chance of McCoy being traded. .

It appears there is no chance McCoy is released.

The only question about our quarterback depth is who will be the #3.

I am rooting for Daniels.
Originally posted by buck:

Wallace might get the gig for being a Vet
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

They would already have a vet in McCoy which typically means that #3 role is given to a developmental guy. IMO, Wallace was brought in to push McCoy, not to be a #3.
Wallace will be waiting by the phone if we need him.

BJ will get picked up if we try to put him on the Practice Squad.

IMO this is why we should keep BJ as #3...

cc, Colt will be a fine game manager, but he also can run the team. But come playoffs, we don't want anybody but Kap competing against Brees, Ryan, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton. I predicted early on that Kap would do way less running this yr. Based on PS, i'm not so sure...but I sure hope he keeps it to a minimum. Scrambling , it turns out is yet another thing Kap is good at. I would just hate to see diagrammed plays for him to be running. That's what our incredible stable of RBs is for. Still, we know Kap will run some....70% less runs than last yr would be fine with me. Last yr I didn't think so, but this yr I think he understands what exactly his good health means to this team. He is truly one of the great ones this yr, and needs to stay healthy....the less running the better.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

They would already have a vet in McCoy which typically means that #3 role is given to a developmental guy. IMO, Wallace was brought in to push McCoy, not to be a #3.

McCoy freaking sucks azz
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

McCoy freaking sucks azz
I think he did a decent job the other night, you know BJ is not going to get the number two spot and wallace has to explode or colt has to implode for colt not to make the team in my opinion. besides there is no such thing as an elite backup qb, they are backups because that is the best they can do.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Even if Wallace has a better game than Daniels, which is possible, I would favor keeping Daniels.
Yup, cc, it is pretty hard to have two Kaps on one team, especially considering we have about 6 elite QBs in the league and then there are the remainder....beginning with the worst (Jets) and working up from there. As for Colt, don't you know he is delighted being backup here where he can learn something as opposed to being in Cleveland as a backup, with no goals in sight.
Share 49ersWebzone