There are 301 users in the forums

49ers Looking To Trade/Release Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by highwayone:
I'm still confused why everyone wants to dump McCoy so fast. He's similar to Alex in that he needs more time to figure stuff out. Harbaugh will make him a functional QB, he just needs more time.

Two years ago, Kap looked like crap in preseason and people thought he sucked. I guess people have a short leash based on the pain we had to go through with Alex, and that's totally understandable, who wants to go through that again. But my two cents is McCoy can develop into a decent backup.

McCoy WILL develop into a decent QB, then the 9ers will trade him for two 2nd round picks like they did Alex!!
For sure Kap is a keeper and IMO so is Daniels.

The question is between Sennaca and Colt.

JH will make the call and Baalke will be the guy who makes a trade. That's how it works.

What we get and from whom is a very tough call. The Jets really suck and you can't count on them to do anything smart. Then again speaking of not smart - we have the Raiders who fit the bill but are probably set at QB.

Is there any other team[s] who are needing a solid backup or starter? What could we realistically expect to get a 7th or a quality backup Olineman??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Tolz looked bad and Harbs probably wanted another qb in to compete. Chances are Wallace gets cut and BJ grabs the 3rd spot or we cut both, roll with 2 qb's, and put BJ on the PS.

Put BJ in the PS ? LOL. The guy will never clear waivers.

What if Wallace balls out in the next game ? Or may be Harbaugh won't even give him the chance and cuts him before the game perhaps ?

Every year the zone has a favorite that will never clear waivers and he magically does. Teams aren't going to risk roster spots for an unproven 7th rounder. If he takes the 3rd spot great, if not we run a good chance of snagging him for the PS.

Exactly. Not every team is looking to pick off the 9ers roster and not every team is cherishing a 7th round rookie QB the way us fans are lol.

One team might...Seattle. Brady Quinn is their 3rd-stringer right now, behind Tavaris Jackson and of course Wilson. I don't doubt for one second that they'd dump Quinn (who doesn't really fit their scheme) and replace him with a guy who plays exactly like their starter.
Probably posted already but Maiocco's Twitter:

Colt McCoy can still make $1.5 million if he's active for every game. Lowered base salary to $630K, plus $870K total in per-game bonuses.

So basically they restructured so if they cut him we are only on the hook for 630k I believe. If he makes the team he will get a bonus for every game he is active. So he can make 1.5 mil (his original contract) if he is active for all games and isnt injured or cut later on.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Exactly. Not every team is looking to pick off the 9ers roster and not every team is cherishing a 7th round rookie QB the way us fans are lol.

Not really we already have sources of personnel exec in the league saying BJ will be signed if the 9ers waive him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
One team might...Seattle. Brady Quinn is their 3rd-stringer right now, behind Tavaris Jackson and of course Wilson. I don't doubt for one second that they'd dump Quinn (who doesn't really fit their scheme) and replace him with a guy who plays exactly like their starter.

But, Brady Quinn just threw a beautiful 50-yard rainbow TD in the last game. LOL. Just saying.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Not really we already have sources of personnel exec in the league saying BJ will be signed if the 9ers waive him.

I think we keep Daniels on the roster, but I was not aware of any executives saying he would be signed if the 49ers waive him.

What executive(s) have said that?

By the way, should we trust Harbaugh's capacity to evaluate quarterbacks?
Wally and others, I still don't understand that you didn't see Colt run that O like a well oiled machine....like he belonged. Jeez we got a surfeit of Qbs, and now I see why the Seneca acquisition. He would be a great fit in Jet land. Or Tolz. But not Colt . He fits in here perfectly. I don't know what we could hold up the jets for Seneca, but I bet it's better than a 7th...maybe 5th? And remember, we are playing with house money now, with 11 picks already for 2014. How the heck does Trent do this? Man these guys are slick.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Wally and others, I still don't understand that you didn't see Colt run that O like a well oiled machine....like he belonged. Jeez we got a surfeit of Qbs, and now I see why the Seneca acquisition. He would be a great fit in Jet land. Or Tolz. But not Colt . He fits in here perfectly. I don't know what we could hold up the jets for Seneca, but I bet it's better than a 7th...maybe 5th? And remember, we are playing with house money now, with 11 picks already for 2014. How the heck does Trent do this? Man these guys are slick.

Seneca Wallace for a 5th? Lol you are trippin.. Teams would rather just wait until he's cut.
Seneca, the Saints 7th and the Panther's 7th for the Jets 5th. Get it done

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

LOL......bro, if you're going to have some of the funny stuff, at least share and make sure everyone gets a hit.

Seneca Wallace's value is exactly zero, it's why he wasn't on an NFL roster for all of 2012, nobody is trading a damn thing for him, especially knowing that the 49ers have to cut him anyways.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by azninersfan:
Seneca, the Saints 7th and the Panther's 7th for the Jets 5th. Get it done

lol i wouldnt mind that
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
lol i wouldnt mind that

Of course you wouldn't.

"Hey Bill, let me trade you 2 pounds of s**t for 2 pounds of gold eh?"

Wallace has zero value, even in that scenario its not worth it for the Jets.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

I think we keep Daniels on the roster, but I was not aware of any executives saying he would be signed if the 49ers waive him.

What executive(s) have said that?

By the way, should we trust Harbaugh's capacity to evaluate quarterbacks?

It was an unnamed league personnel exec source who told Cam Inman that BJ will be signed elsewhere once the 9ers waive him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
It was an unnamed league personnel exec source who told Cam Inman that BJ will be signed elsewhere once the 9ers waive him.

Thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone