LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

49ers Looking To Trade/Release Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trade him to the Chiefs. Maybe you will get a high pick....
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Colt had potential but I'm afraid he hasn't been right since James Harrison knocked his block off.

I thought his head was going to pop off with that hit. He is lucky to be alive after that vicious cheap shot.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
can't wait for McCoy to get traded so we can bring back Lockette. Speaking of which, someone needs to let Wallace know to start thinking of getting a new #. #18 belongs to someone else.

maybe we can give Wallace #11

I really like Lockette, but he's frustrating. He SHOULD be good, but he never seems to come through. I agree though. I'd like to see them bring him back and keep trying with him.
Let me preface this by saying I think we have the best front office and coaching staff in the league.That being said, the whole aj jenkins thing with the envelope the night before the draft.It seemed really weird at the time. Its cool to be the smartest guy in the room. But sometimes you draft aj jenkins and trade for colt mccoy and just look like an a*****e. I think their still the smartest guys in the room. But their egos just got checked. Thats probably a good thing!
did we trade him yet?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
can't wait for McCoy to get traded so we can bring back Lockette. Speaking of which, someone needs to let Wallace know to start thinking of getting a new #. #18 belongs to someone else.

I really like Lockette, but he's frustrating. He SHOULD be good, but he never seems to come through. I agree though. I'd like to see them bring him back and keep trying with him.

He is a great athlete. He just needs to translate that onto the football field. I think he could be a deep threat like James Jett for the Raiders a few years back.
trade mccoy to the raiders and he'll be their starting quarterback.

ur welcome, oakland.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

He is a great athlete. He just needs to translate that onto the football field. I think he could be a deep threat like James Jett for the Raiders a few years back.

I was just kidding with my post, I don't expect him to be brought back....we kept 2-3 WRs I've never heard of over him. Jacobs, Hawkins, etc. I wish he was brought back, but yeah if the team made that decision....there must REALLY be a bad situation with him. I have a feeling the Patriots might give him a chance though. I mean they gave that killer Stallworth a chance and I'm sure they miss his speed on the field.
wow, a lot of replies for a scrub backup qb lol
McCoy may have come in on the word of Mangini. McCoy got hurt early and couldn't get right. He cost essentially nothing ... move down in the 5th round and a 7th, and 3 of the last 5 49ers picks in the 5th to the 7th are not going to be on the roster in a week anyhow, what are the odds another would have made it?

Comparing missing on a 7th round pick trade for a player who was injured to a 1st round pick for a player who was healthy but not able to contribute is a silly and pointless exercise.

Originally posted by Scoots:
McCoy may have come in on the word of Mangini. McCoy got hurt early and couldn't get right. He cost essentially nothing ... move down in the 5th round and a 7th, and 3 of the last 5 49ers picks in the 5th to the 7th are not going to be on the roster in a week anyhow, what are the odds another would have made it?

Comparing missing on a 7th round pick trade for a player who was injured to a 1st round pick for a player who was healthy but not able to contribute is a silly and pointless exercise.

McCoy was traded for in April. Magini was hired in June.
But they talked to Mangini well before that. Or maybe we hired Mangini on McCoy's word? :) It was speculation. Either way, he hasn't been working out and he didn't cost much so stay or go I just want someone to stabilize the backup QB situation.
  • buck
  • Veteran
But they talked to Mangini well before that.

Did they really talk to Mangini well before they picked up McCoy?

I do not remember. When did they talk to Mangini?
But they talked to Mangini well before that. Or maybe we hired Mangini on McCoy's word? :) It was speculation. Either way, he hasn't been working out and he didn't cost much so stay or go I just want someone to stabilize the backup QB situation.

Mangini was rumored to be talking with the 49ers in May, still well after Baalke traded for McCoy.
[ Edited by redrathman on Aug 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
trade mccoy to the raiders and he'll be their starting quarterback.

ur welcome, oakland.

Id take Flynn, Pryor, or even Tyler Wilson over McCoy at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone