There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Originally posted by seahawkblueforever:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
will take any kind of win, even a slim one, just to stfu the stoopid hag fans, put a dent in their season and get that fake-noise pumped game outta the way...also once again no injuries to those roided cheapshot artists

seriously "noise pumping" ? we have been through that noise pumping charge over and over again give me a break the NFL already has investigated those stupid claims...

This I have to agree with. My partner at work has a brother that was an engineer at that stadium. He said they specifically designed that thing to trap and reflect the crowd noise onto the field. There is no noise pumping it is all engineering. I give SEA their due for building the stadium that way
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 9, 2013 at 7:54 AM ]
I never thought Seattle's uniforms could get uglier, but man, those unis they wore yesterday in Carolina were awful. I at least thought their road whites were decent. But those grey pants and navy shirts were horrific. I expect a great game next Sunday evening, will be tough but I think we come out victorious.
It just blows my mind that seattle thinks their win was impressive. Watched the whole game and Carolina gift wrapped that win for them, along with lil russells leprechaun magic. The best player for them on the field next week will be their lame ass fans trying to win a guinness record since they wont be winning anything else.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Just came to congratulate you guys on a great win, Kap looks like the stud I was afraid he'd turn out to be, Boldin well what can you say about that, he and Kap exploited a very weak secondary, which is what good teams are suppose to do. The penalty on Staley was complete and utter BS, and to have ejected him was beyond ridiculous. I saw an extremely talented football team sunday, and it's going to be hard to beat you guys, even at home.

Have no predictions going into sunday, i just know it's going to be ugly, hard fought and bloody. Glad to see there were no significant injuries on either teams, hopefully we'll be able to get a few guys back for sunday. either way good luck on sunday.

Thanks for the quality and intelligent post.

I agree 100% about not having real prediction about this week, the Hawks D is brutal! and the secondary is truly the best in the game. Both teams have their Qb's of the future and are very physical on both sides of the ball.

What I do expect to see... lots of blood, chippy play and a few after the whistle scuffles haha.

I love football!!!
Originally posted by hawker84:
Just came to congratulate you guys on a great win, Kap looks like the stud I was afraid he'd turn out to be, Boldin well what can you say about that, he and Kap exploited a very weak secondary, which is what good teams are suppose to do. The penalty on Staley was complete and utter BS, and to have ejected him was beyond ridiculous. I saw an extremely talented football team sunday, and it's going to be hard to beat you guys, even at home.

Have no predictions going into sunday, i just know it's going to be ugly, hard fought and bloody. Glad to see there were no significant injuries on either teams, hopefully we'll be able to get a few guys back for sunday. either way good luck on sunday.

Hey hawker84, what is the injury situation on your D-line ? Will you guys be back to full force ?
Originally posted by mayo49:
We've got to sack that midget Wilson.

Good point. Didn't watch the game yesterday, but supposedly he made some great scrambles to keep plays alive in the fourth quarter. Contain him and put him down before he can make a play.
I'm telling you all, the 49ers are going to dominate the Seahawks next Sunday night. I expect a double digit win.
Originally posted by 5280High:
It just blows my mind that seattle thinks their win was impressive. Watched the whole game and Carolina gift wrapped that win for them, along with lil russells leprechaun magic. The best player for them on the field next week will be their lame ass fans trying to win a guinness record since they wont be winning anything else.

Our ENTIRE starting pass rush was injured or out for this game, Browner was also out, we were on the road with an early east coast start, in 90 degree heat and 65% humidity, we were wearing our dark jerseys while they wore their whites in the sun, on opening day to a psyched up crowd, against a team that closed the year winning 5 outta 6 games with a very good mobile QB, untested rookies in their first start, against a good defensive team.

Was I "impressed" ? No I was not.
Was I realistic about the situation at hand ? Yes.The team fought hard under adverse situations and got it done.
Our ENTIRE starting pass rush was injured or out for this game, Browner was also out, we were on the road with an early east coast start, in 90 degree heat and 65% humidity, we were wearing our dark jerseys while they wore their whites in the sun, on opening day to a psyched up crowd, against a team that closed the year winning 5 outta 6 games with a very good mobile QB, untested rookies in their first start, against a good defensive team.

Was I realistic about the situation at hand ? Yes.The team fought hard under adverse situations and got it done.

WeatherRushexcuses but youre "entire" rush wasnt hurt. One was suspended, and youre two new additions on the D line didnt look all that great. Gonna make excuses for every road game seattle looks mediocre? Cause there is gonna be quite a few.

Agreed with both sides of this summary. I think the 9ers win if the Seahawks only play as well as they did against the Panthers, but c'mon guys, even the most diehard, homer 9ers fans know the Hawks are going to come out stronger than that.

I think the Hawks take this one, and then the 9ers win at home later this year (fwiw I think these teams are pretty evenly matched, and like last year, will be splitting wins based on home games with the difference maybe coming down to squeezing out a win on the road against each other).
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Agreed with both sides of this summary. I think the 9ers win if the Seahawks only play as well as they did against the Panthers, but c'mon guys, even the most diehard, homer 9ers fans know the Hawks are going to come out stronger than that.

I think the Hawks take this one, and then the 9ers win at home later this year (fwiw I think these teams are pretty evenly matched, and like last year, will be splitting wins based on home games with the difference maybe coming down to squeezing out a win on the road against each other).

Its Road vs Home, Seattle is a completely different team based on where they play... not that hard to see it. Of course Seattle will come out strong, havent seen any reasonable poster say otherwise but to blame looking blah for 3 quarters on weather and injuries is like complaining about playing at the Clink cause it is raining lol.
Originally posted by 5280High:

"...we were wearing our dark jerseys while they wore their whites in the sun, on opening day to a psyched up crowd..."

Your entire argument died on that sentence alone. Thanks for trying.

Your persuasion has failed.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Sep 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
And send a delayed blitz. And if not for the DeAngelo Williams fumble CAR could have won. Still I give SEA all the credit for a very tough road win against a great defense.

I think DeAngelo had a little help from his "friends" (Earl and Richard) on that fumble

Obviously, the Seahawks offense left much to be desired in Carolina but, it seems the Panthers DEE was better than many expected (be interesting to see where they rank at the end of the season). As others have suggested re: the Niners close victory over the Packers being a good, early test, it was encouraging to see the Hawks do j u s t enough to win ~ on the road ~ at 10am. No doubt they'll have LOTS of learning opportunities via film study this week. The fact that the Hawks were able to hold their opposition to just seven points ~ in their own stadium ~ without being at full strength is encouraging and seems to bode well for their defensive depth.

This coming weekend is going to absolutely drag . . . until that siren that signals the kick-off at 5:30pm on Sunday
This is a recipe for a tough game... Primetime opener for a frenzied Seattle fanbase that has SuperBowl aspirations. I think we end up on the wrong side of this one if we don't silence the crowd early.

We're also going to need to get our run game going and spread the ball a bit more. A screen here and there wouldn't kill you to call it, Roman!
It's going to take a MIRACLE for seattle to beat us.

not worried at all. Matter of fact, I won't even watch the game. I already know that a niner win is imminent.